Excuses then MiA - deadhead43 aka Rob Courtney

They're not Bad Traders per se but they are REALLY annoying. Tell us about them here. READ THE RULES.

Moderator: Moderators

Van Saar ( 606 )
Journeyman Trader

Excuses then MiA - deadhead43 aka Rob Courtney

Post by Van Saar »

Rob and I agreed on a trade, my Khador for his Space Hulk. After a delayed shipping he tells me his house flooded but he will send soon. Three messages from me later and still no login or reply. I am hoping that opening this up on the forum will encourage Mr. Courtney to log in and respond/complete the trade, but I'm not holding my breath any longer.

Here's the run-down:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Re: H: Malifaux, WM/H, space hulk W: $$$, Khador

Sent: Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:10 am
by Van Saar
I have a plastic spring an plastic devastated and some characters you can have for the space hulk.

Subject: H: Malifaux, WM/H, space hulk W: $$$, Khador

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:15 pm
by deadhead43
What's the condition of the models? And what characters?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:35 pm
by Van Saar
Devastator bare plastic
Spriggan bare plastic with the lightest dusting of white primer. Looks almost bare.
Sorcha bare metal unassembled
Butcher nib
Irusk nib

Thanks,

Barry

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:20 pm
by deadhead43
Not really interested in Sorsha or Butcher. I'd be cool with the jacks, irusk, and some cash to make up the difference. Like 10 bucks.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:17 pm
by Van Saar
Done deal. Let me know your paypal and I'll get it sent over gift asap.

My shipping info:

***ADDRESS REMOVED***

Let me know your shipping info and I'll get your stuff packed up as well.

Barry

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:28 pm
by deadhead43
Just opened the box, the books are beat up. I guess my old roommate read them and didn't take good care of them. I'll knock the 10 off if you want. Books are there, just not in good condition.

If that's still cool, my shipping is

***ADDRESS REMOVED***

I'll ship as soon as I can (might not be until Monday afternoon, I work wierd hours). Feel free to hold on to yours until I get you a confirmation number.

Rob

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:41 am
by Van Saar
Rob,

Sounds good. I'll get your stuff packed up and ready to return ship. Thanks for the heads up. 8)

Barry

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:53 pm
by Van Saar
Rob,

Just checking in to see if you sent the package yet. Hope you're having a good weekend.

Barry

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:51 am
by deadhead43
Sorry, it was actually a really bad week.

My pipes burst during the last cold snap, and about half my house is... well, screwed. My computer got caught in it, and was obviously fried. Just got a cheap ass laptop to do my computing. I'm sending space hulk out this afternoon, will have you a tracking number later in the day.
Very sorry about the delay.

Rob

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:15 pm
by Van Saar
Rob,

Very sorry to hear that, what a bad turn of events. Well take care and thank you for the update!

Barry

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:08 pm
by Van Saar
Rob,

I haven't seen anything yet, do you have a tracking number? I know you had a bad bit of luck but I really do need an update.

Thanks!

Barry

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:56 pm
by Van Saar
Rob,

Last chance to communicate before I take administrative action. Just a friendly heads-up.

Thanks,

Barry

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I waited a little longer than expected, I really wanted to give this guy the benefit of the doubt and time to do the right thing. At the very least more communication, which should have been no problem since he said in a message he had a new (albeit cheap) laptop. There it is folks.
Unless otherwise noted, my offers are good for 48 Hours or your counter-offer.

Back-Outs, Non-Responders and other Time-Wasters:
lewisds
Wyldwabyt
Mr Ruffles
Proofyeq

Return to “Deadbeats & Backouts”