Deadbeat - Yournamehere/Darthdarthus

They're not Bad Traders per se but they are REALLY annoying. Tell us about them here. READ THE RULES.

Moderator: Moderators

Jamora ( 10 )
BTown Regular

Deadbeat - Yournamehere/Darthdarthus

Post by Jamora »

On May 15th, I was messaged by Thomas (under the name Yournamehere) to buy some Legion models off of him. After quick responses by both parties, we negotiated a deal and I sent a payment to him. I then received a refund for my order stating the following:
Sorry I'm not shipping internationally. I've been burned to many times for shipping to Canada
I stated in my original post looking for models that I live in Canada, and was completely transparent. He refused to respond any messages afterwards, then proceeded to make a new account and re-post the items in question. I noticed that another member called him out on being screwed over, to which he claimed ignorance and heatedly denied the accusations before the thread was closed.

I am here to present my evidence, and hopefully prevent anyone else from getting played by this individual.

Here are the PM's from our conversation
Yournamehere wrote:Hey I've got
  • legion book- soft cover
    Legion Token Set
    Archangel- assembled bare plastic/metal. Great condition!
    Carnivean- assembled plastic fully painted, above TT

Have cards for models as well
Looking for $80 shipped

Subject: [H] $$$ Paypal [W] Legion of Everblight
Jamora wrote:Hello everyone. First time poster on Bartertown. Long time seller/buyer on DakkaDakka.

Looking to purchase some Legion of Everblight models. Only looking for the people who are really wanting to unload an old army at a huge discount. Painted, unpainted, built, unbuilt, I'll take it all.

All purchases will be made very official and will use Paypal so there is additional accountability and a "paper trail".

I live in Canada, but I frequently buy and sell to the United States and know that shipping is still very reasonable.

Thank you!
Jamora wrote:Hmm, very tempting.
Do the Archangels wings detach?
I don't need the book or the tokens. Willing to drop down to $60 shipped without them?
Yournamehere wrote:Unfortunately no the wings are glued in place. I'll do $70 for archangel & carni.
Yournamehere wrote:I've also have some minions that'll work for legion if you're interested in them. I'll let them go for very cheap.
Jamora wrote:Ill have to think about it. Don't really NEED an archangel or another carni, but that's a decent price. What are the minions you have, and how much for them?

Yournamehere wrote:Gatormen Posse- assembled bare
min Bog Trogs- assembled bare
Gator Witch Doctor- nib
Lord Carver BMMD- assembled bare
Gun Boar- some paint, just base coat of Brown Rorsh & Brine- assembled primed, Rorsh missing arm & Brine missing tusks. It's a $1 for all three missing pieces for PP site

$110 for them archangel, and carni
Jamora wrote:Hmmm,

Would you be willing to do the Archangel, Carni and witch doc for $75 shipped?
Yournamehere wrote:Yeah I'll do that.

My PayPal is tvg18211@gmail.com
Jamora wrote:You have a deal good sir.
Mind sending me an Invoice through PayPal with the items being sold listed in it?
My PayPal address is dmaccallum@live.com
Yournamehere wrote:Invoice sent my friend. As soon as I receive the payment I'll get the models packed up and shipped out asap.
Jamora wrote:Hey,

I just saw that I was refunded with a note saying you've been burned too many times? Just curious as to what that's about. All my trades are always international, and I've never had any issues. I also stated in my ad that I'm from Canada, so don't know how that took you by surprise.
Jamora wrote:If it's an issue of shipping costs, I have no problem splitting the costs.
Communications with you earlier were seamless and quick. After the refund, you seem to not be replying. I hope this is a case of you being busy, and not just avoiding me. We did agree upon the deal already, but I don't have an issue modifying it.
Jamora wrote:Thomas Goff, due to your lack of replies and backing out of our deal, I will be adding you to the "Deadbeats & Backouts" forum.

After this last message, I cooled off and decided I would wait. Maybe something happened and he couldn't reply. A couple days later however, he posted the exact same items under another name.
darthdarthus wrote:----HAVE----
Legion:
Archangel- assembled bare
Legion Book- softcover
Legion Tokens
[*]Legion Extra Bits

Minions:
Lord Carver- assembled bare metal
Gun Boar- assembled some paint
Rorsh & Brine- assembled primed missing tusks & arm for Rorsh.
Min Bog Trogs- assembled bare
Max Gatormen Posse- assembled bare
Witch Doctor- nib
Swamp Gobbers- assembled some paint

Cygnar:
Avenger- plastic assembled some paint
Firefly- plastic assembled
Strangeways- partially assembled
Jack extra Bits from avenger box

Have all the cards for the models as well

----WANTS----

PayPal: Will Sell for Cheap! The more you buy the better the price!

Circle- wold stuff

40k- nib stuff will trade in your favor, Tau & SM high priority

Fantasy- nib stuff will trade in your favor, Ogres high priority

MTG- any standard cards
This infuriated me. I called him out on it and he sent me the following message.
darthdarthus wrote:WTH is this!? I bought this stuff from a guy at my Local Game Store in Detroit Michigan area. The guys name is Tom he's at the store once in a while. I've played MTG at the store and recently took interest in Warmachine. He told me he had a lot of models he wasn't gunna use and sold them to me for $250 cash. Then he told me if I wanted to look for deals or trade off models to use this site. If this is how this site is then count me out. I don't appreciate people picking on a new guy because someone else has messed with you in the past. If you would edit your posts or I will report you to the Admins for harassment

Subject: H: WM/H W: $$$ CHEAP, Circle, MtG, 40k Fantasy
Jamora wrote:Upon further comparison, these items are the EXACT same items, down to the same pieces missing and same "cost" to replace.

Do not do business with this person. He backed out of a deal I paid for, and refused to communicate afterwards. Terrible experience. He just changed accounts due to having a zero rating. He will probably drop this account and start another now that we caught on to this one.

I convinced one of my friends to help me get to the bottom of it. He created an account and assisted me in getting verification that this indeed was the same person. Today, I received confirmation and I am here now to present my case. He was asked for his paypal and responded with the following.
darthdarthus wrote:tvg18211@gmail.com
Yournamehere wrote:Yeah I'll do that.

My PayPal is tvg18211@gmail.com
<<<<<Trading policy>>>>>
- Lowest rating ships first in trades. If its me then I ship.
- If paying anything in paypal you must have a verified address.
- If you're paying via Paypal and want buyer protection, please pay the fees yourself and don't take them from my end. I'll do the same
- We're all gaming people with similar interests and real lives so give the benefit of doubt, and always when in doubt, ASK if your not sure, clarity is the best medicine
reegsk ( 478 )
Millenium Trader

Re: Deadbeat - Yournamehere/Darthdarthus

Post by reegsk »

Nice sleuthing. Did you PM a mod? Not only is it shifty and annoying to you, but it's also HELLA against the rules to multi-account. Like, banned for life against the rules. I'd send a message to MagickalMemories if you haven't yet.
Jamora ( 10 )
BTown Regular

Post by Jamora »

Thank you. Felt good to catch get confirmation.
I already messaged him. Needed to make sure I had all my ducks in a row first. Unfortunately, my friends IP was banned. Not sure if maybe Magic thought I was multi accounting to catch him and banned his IP for it, or if what we did was against the rules as well. I sure hope it wasn't. I was just trying to stop this guy.
<<<<<Trading policy>>>>>
- Lowest rating ships first in trades. If its me then I ship.
- If paying anything in paypal you must have a verified address.
- If you're paying via Paypal and want buyer protection, please pay the fees yourself and don't take them from my end. I'll do the same
- We're all gaming people with similar interests and real lives so give the benefit of doubt, and always when in doubt, ASK if your not sure, clarity is the best medicine
Siegebeast2142 ( 52 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Siegebeast2142 »

Well, that explains why he never completed his deal with me....
Earendle ( 14 )
Trade Novice

Post by Earendle »

I am glad he gave you a refund. He sold me some Khador a couple weeks ago and I don't have my money or my models. As soon as I saw this thread, I started a claim on PayPal.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

Earendle wrote:I am glad he gave you a refund. He sold me some Khador a couple weeks ago and I don't have my money or my models. As soon as I saw this thread, I started a claim on PayPal.
File a BTR, as well, then. You'll be helping the Bartertown community.

(Also sent via PM).

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.

Return to “Deadbeats & Backouts”