clarkwgrizwald - Deadbeat :(

They're not Bad Traders per se but they are REALLY annoying. Tell us about them here. READ THE RULES.

Moderator: Moderators

Sturm2k ( 202 )
Journeyman Trader

clarkwgrizwald - Deadbeat :(

Post by Sturm2k »

Alright, I really hate to do this. I have been here now for a few years and have never had a problem with anyone. I feel the past week this person has done nothing but jerk me around. For the past 72 hours he has been reading all my messages and not reply with not even a simple word. He has also stated in one of his trades that the army in question IS sold. He will not say if it is to me or someone else. He is avoiding all my questions and wasting my time.

I hope this meets the rules for a Deadbeat / backout. Also MM, or another admin clear up a question. Am I able to leave some type of feedback to warn others ? If not I hope that others read this post. Thanks again BT. Love ya!

My messages are in green, his are in red.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Re: H: Menoth (inc Judicator & Vessel) W: Paypal 50% off

Sent: Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:23 pm
by Sturm2k
Subject: H: Menoth (inc Judicator & Vessel) W: Paypal 50% off

clarkwgrizwald wrote:I am looking at selling my entire army. I want to do it as one lot preferably.

Here is what I have:

Warcasters:
PKreoss
PSeverius
Amon Ad-Raza

Warjacks:
Judicator
Crusader (metal - pro painted)
Reckoner
Vanquesher
Revenger
Repenter x2

Units:
Knights Exemplar Errants (10 - metal)
Holy Zealots (10)
Monolith Bearer
Flameguard Cleansers (10)
Aiyana & Holt
Choir of Menoth (6)

Solos:
Vassal of Menoth
Vassal Mechanik
Covenant of Menoth
High Paladin Dartan Vilmon
Nicia
Exemplar Senechal

Battle Engine:
Vessel of Judgement

Accessories:
Token Set
2010 Faction Deck (brand new)

Retail is well over $700. I am asking $365 shipped in the US. Please PM offers.

If the whole army is bare metal / plastic ( minus the painted crusader ) and nothing is broken all the bits are there. I would offer 300 shipped. Let me know thanks.

Sent: Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:44 pm
by clarkwgrizwald
Severius is painted, the cleansers are painted and vilmon, covenant and judicator are primed white. I would take $330 shipped. LMK.

Sent: Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:05 pm
by Sturm2k
To many models are painted for me to pay anymore, I would have to do some serious stripping. 300 is best I can do.

Sent: Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:25 pm
by clarkwgrizwald
Would you do at least $315 as Paypal always likes to take their fees and I would at least have $300 after the fees? Let me know.

Sent: Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:36 pm
by Sturm2k
I always make the paypal in gifts, so no fees are taken out of the payment. Though understand if you read my sig I don't pay for models till they are at my door. Unless you are higher feedback than me. You are sitting on 3 trades total. I always go by refs when I do trades. Lower ships first even if I am buying. If you are ok with that then we can make a deal.

Sent: Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:18 pm
by clarkwgrizwald
Well I guess I will have to pass. I NEVER sell my items without being paid first. For one it helps with the cost of shipping and two, I only use paypal that protects both of us so there is no loss. If you don't send the money first and I send the figs, I have no protection. If you send the money first and I was going to rip you off, you could get paypal to reimburse you and you are not out anything. See what I mean? If that is an issue, I understand, but I cannot just send my models away without anything to show for it. Thanks!

Sent: Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:31 pm
by Sturm2k
I have in the past sent money often and paypal does not always protect you. There are ways around it. I have been burned for a bit of money in the past. It is fine, most of the people here on BT that have a lot of feedback will never pay for models till they come in the mail. It is a right you earn by doing a lot of trades. Sorry we can not make a deal. I just don't trust paypal nor do I trust a person who has only done 3 trades. no hard feelings, my offer stands for 24 hours.

Sent: Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:37 pm
by clarkwgrizwald
No problem, I understand. In the event I change my mind...what is your address so I could get an idea how long it would take to get to you?

Sent: Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:23 pm
by Sturm2k
i can also give you my cell phone number something I do often for people who have low trades.

Sent: Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:03 pm
by Sturm2k
Most likely won't take long. I am guessing couple days. My zip for finding out is 08016 full address comes with trade.

Sent: Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:04 pm
by clarkwgrizwald
Alright,

The only other offer I have had has stopped responding, so I am going to see if we can come to an agreement. Because you want me to send first, I want to be ABSOLUTELY clear as to the condition of all the models. I went back through all the models to look them over. I don't want the package to arrive and then you decide you don't want them.

So to be clear, here is the list of models with paint on them:

Judicator - primed white with some gold paint on some of the trim.
Vanquisher - Painted completely (son did this before he traded them to me)
Crusader - metal, what I would call pro-painted in Menoth standard colors.
Severius - Painted pretty well - standard Menoth colors.
Vilmon - Primed White

Covenant of Menoth - Primed white, with a little green stuff to help fix a gap between the models arm and the book.
Reckoner - conversion from plastic Crusader with all plastic parts - primed white.

Un-assembled/dmg models:

The leader of the Choir is missing the menofix on his staff.
One zealot broke off the base at his foot, but I have fixed it.
One Repenter and an additional Crusader (not in the original list) aren't assembled becasue I had been stripping them.

Also I have an extra Kreoss model converted to use as E Kreoss
and I forgot to note I have the reclaimer solo as well.

So, please review this list, let me know with the massive discount on the models (not even including the extras I forgot to list until now) if you will accept them in the condition I have described for the agree upon amount of $300 shipped, to be paid the day you receive the models in the mail via paypal.

Let me know.

Thanks,
Mike

Sent: Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:22 pm
by Sturm2k
Hey mike, I will go over the finals of this trade before we seal it. Yes, payment is made ( in gift ) paypal day of receive models, takes me an hour to go threw them. I always record all my opening to protect myself but I don't think there will be any problems with this trade. I will also give you my personal cell number if you have any questions please call me, I will always pick up. Ok to go cover the list again.

Make sure you add tracking to protect us both and package well, again I don't think there will be any issues with this.

My - 300 paypal cash to be sent day of models.

Yours -

MENOTH:

ALL CARDS ARE MKII AND ARE WITH MODELS.

Warcasters:
PKreoss - Bare Metal/plastic
PSeverius - Painted Well !
Amon Ad-Raza - Bare Metal

Warjacks:
Judicator - Primed white with some gold trim
Crusader (metal - pro painted) --- Extra Crusader was stripped not on list is added. 2 total.
Reckoner - Primed white
Vanquesher - Painted up
Revenger - Bare Metal / plastic
Repenter x2 - Bare Metal / Plastic --- Extra 1 not on list is added. 3 total.

Units:
Knights Exemplar Errants (10 - metal) - Bare Metal
Holy Zealots (10) - Bare Metal 1 broke but fix !
Monolith Bearer - Bare Metal
Flameguard Cleansers (10) - bare metal
Aiyana & Holt - Bare Metal
Choir of Menoth (6) - Bare Metal, 1 broke/missing piece will need bit order.

Solos:
Vassal of Menoth - Bare Metal
Vassal Mechanik - Bare Metal
Covenant of Menoth - Bare Metal
High Paladin Dartan Vilmon - Primed White
Nicia - Bare Metal
Exemplar Senechal - bare Metal

Battle Engine:
Vessel of Judgement - Bare Metal

Accessories:
Token Set

Alright I added in your notes and what I believe is the rest is bare?. Also if you have the book I would be interested in, I would pay 20 for it. If you have the book total would be 320. if not 300. here is my address with my Personal Number. Again please make sure the Colossal and Battle Engine are packaged with a little extra care. I have seen them go threw the mail in pieces makes me cry lol.

Michael Scott
***Address here Taking out***
609-***-****
Again call, if I don't pick up leave me a message I will return soon as I can.

Please confirm trade with your paypal information !.

Sent: Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:56 pm
by Sturm2k
so whats up

Sent: Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:52 pm
by clarkwgrizwald
Sorry, I was at work and had gotten busy. I forgot the Vessel of Judgement and the Cleansers are all painted...now that I am home I was able to do another once over.

Let me know if that is okay.

Sent: Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:41 pm
by Sturm2k
I think i might need some pictures of the battle engine only because stripping that would be to much work. If the paint is really light I can prime over it. Let me know.

Sent: Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:36 pm
by Sturm2k
Hoping that the paint job is very light, if you think I can prime over it ( blue ) with not really losing much I am still a buyer :). The menoth is more for a gift for the wife :)

Sent: Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:11 am
by Sturm2k
So whats going on bro ?

Sent: Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:20 am
by clarkwgrizwald
Unfortunately the Vessel is nearly completely painted...it would have to be stripped....LMK!

Sent: Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:25 am
by Sturm2k
Can I get pictures please?

Sent: Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:46 pm
by Sturm2k
Can you get me some pictures of the battle eng so we can finish this trade?

Sent: Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:10 pm
by clarkwgrizwald
Unfortunately I can't, I dont have access to a decent digital camera and the camera in my phone is pathetic.

Sent: Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:23 pm
by Sturm2k
Well try and take one with your phone please. or do your best.

Sent: Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:14 pm
by Sturm2k
Once you get me a picture most likely does not matter, just need to see the colors then we can finish this trade. Your models in question keep changing about the amount of paint. Our terms are already harsh out, and I am just wanting to get a picture of a model that was once thought to be bare metal.

Sent: Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:24 pm
by clarkwgrizwald
Don't worry about it. I don't have a good enough camera. I have been working on this as much as possible and you are being incredibly demanding for getting over $400 off the price of models. I am willing to be accommodating but the hoops and hurdles you continue to throw my way are getting a bit tedious. Not to mention the fact that I am not around my computer all weekend and you seem to be getting impatient. I didn't mean to imply it was bare metal, I simply forgot to include it in the list of painted models and you are getting very snippy about it. I am going to be be busy for a few hours, I am not sure when I will be back on...I don't want you getting impatient.

Sent: Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:05 pm
by Sturm2k
Trust me sir, I am not getting "impatient" I am always dealing with trades every day and I am not a huge fan of taking 2-3 days to work out a trade. I always try to finish it up in a timely manner. You agreed to the price of the army. I just gave you what I thought I would pay. You agreed to the price, and we are now hitting minor road blocks that I am trying to get over. You can always describe the paint style of the battle engine if you can't take a picture or you feel that a phone won't give you a good enough picture.

I am still wanting to buy the army, hell as it stands the deal is pretty much on, but I just want to make sure all the T's are crossed and the I's are dotted.

Just give me a good description of the Engine, if it is basic color from the book and painted to table top at least then I am fine with that. If that is the case than you can ship the army any time. I am still a buying it.

Sent: Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:16 am
by Sturm2k
Hey, just wondering if I am getting a update today on what style paint scheme is on the battle engine.

Sent: Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:23 am
by Sturm2k
I expect today that we will finish this trade ? It is going on 4 days now that I have this money locked up for you. Just wanted to know the color of the battle engine thanks.

Sent: Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:55 am
by Sturm2k
You have been reading my messages the past 24 hours and have not responded. I am not sure what is going on right now on your end. You are online often enough to send me a simple and timely response back.

Sent: Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:59 am
by clarkwgrizwald
It is painted in black, white, red, bronze & silver...I didn't paint it I got it like that in a trade and the paint is pretty heavy but I don't think it covers any of the detail, though if you want to repaint it you will need to strip it.

Sent: Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:20 am
by Sturm2k
Alright, I will have to soak it up in green stuff. Alright so models are in the same shape as they were in the last list just battle engine is painted. So to go over list one more time.

My - 300 paypal cash to be sent day of models.

Yours -

MENOTH:

ALL CARDS ARE MKII AND ARE WITH MODELS.

Warcasters:
PKreoss - Bare Metal/plastic
PSeverius - Painted Well !
Amon Ad-Raza - Bare Metal

Warjacks:
Judicator - Primed white with some gold trim
Crusader (metal - pro painted) --- Extra Crusader was stripped not on list is added. 2 total.
Reckoner - Primed white
Vanquesher - Painted up
Revenger - Bare Metal / plastic
Repenter x2 - Bare Metal / Plastic --- Extra 1 not on list is added. 3 total.

Units:
Knights Exemplar Errants (10 - metal) - Bare Metal
Holy Zealots (10) - Bare Metal 1 broke but fix !
Monolith Bearer - Bare Metal
Flameguard Cleansers (10) - bare metal
Aiyana & Holt - Bare Metal
Choir of Menoth (6) - Bare Metal, 1 broke/missing piece will need bit order.

Solos:
Vassal of Menoth - Bare Metal
Vassal Mechanik - Bare Metal
Covenant of Menoth - Bare Metal
High Paladin Dartan Vilmon - Primed White
Nicia - Bare Metal
Exemplar Senechal - bare Metal

Battle Engine:
Vessel of Judgement - UPDATE ----- NOT BARE painted will need strip.

Accessories:
Token Set

Also wanted to ask about book? If you have one ill add 20$ to total, If not then np :). Ship any time. Just get tracking and let me know when it goes out. I have to take a half day of work to get package.

Sent: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:54 am
by clarkwgrizwald
You forgot to update the cleansers, they are painted too..but easily stripped.

And I don't have the book, just the card deck & tokens.

Sent: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:58 am
by Sturm2k
Kk, ok the book.

Yea forgot about the cleansers they were not on my radar, was more worried about the battle engine. Alright Deal is good. Ship when ready. Just make sure the Cossal and engine are packaged with care :).

Sent: Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:00 am
by Sturm2k
You have the coss and engine cards right? Just want to make sure all cards are there :)

Sent: Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:09 pm
by clarkwgrizwald
Yeah, I have all the cards.

Sent: Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:21 pm
by Sturm2k
Kk, all set then, ship when ready.

Sent: Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:12 pm
by Sturm2k
Hey man, what day you think you will ship? Thanks again.

Sent: Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:23 am
by Sturm2k
Hey, can I get your paypal please?

Sent: Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:15 pm
by Sturm2k
So what is going on? You are reading my messages, need that paypal information still. Also need to know what day you plan to ship. Thank you.

Sent: Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:46 pm
by Sturm2k
Hey, i noticed you are still reading my messages and not responding. Trying to hear from you. It is polite to respond back with people you are in trades with. I would like to hear back by tomorrow about you're end of the trade. Thank you.

Sent: Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:26 am
by Sturm2k
It says in your old post that you sold your menoth, I am not sure if you are just stringing me along right now, or what. If I do not hear someone from you about shipping you're end of the trade today or something saying you will ship soon. I am going to be posting this in the backout forums. You have been reading all of my messages to you and you are on most of the day. So there is no reason not to send me something. Thank you.

Sent: Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:04 pm
by Sturm2k
Well, you have read another message I have sent you. It has been 3 days, I am not waiting any longer. Sorry mate, there is no reason why you can not send me a message even a simple word or two. If you have time to read my messages you have time to reply.
LOWEST feedback pays / ships first. No exceptions even for myself. You have to earn trust on this site. Feedback is everything.
I packaged my models in Bubble wrap. I expect the same. So please package up the stuff nicely!
I never ask for something that I would not do myself.

People who owe me Refs :( - Rayjbaker -
Garlicson2 ( 84 )
Journeyman Trader

Re: clarkwgrizwald - Deadbeat :(

Post by Garlicson2 »

A terrible backout indeed. Also, you can leave a negative feedback if you wish (Although that would be too harsh if you ask me). If an admin gets mad about it, blame it on me lol.

-Johnny

P.S. Is your pic from that anime Highschool of the Dead (The purple haired teenage samarai bad***)?
Couple of things to know when trading with me:

1. Lower rating ships/trades first (Me included), unless your ad states vice versa, NO EXCEPTIONS.

2. The price on my lot does NOT include shipping, unless my ad says otherwise.

3. I'm not good with shipping at the same time, so if our rating is the same, we should discuss who'll send first.

Other than that, I'm a easy going trader, so don't hesitate to make any offer, worst I can say is "No thanks".
Sturm2k ( 202 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Sturm2k »

Alright I have to add a few things to this, also the person gave me a neg feedback after I gave him one for backing out. Not sure what I have to do to get it removed.

This was his new message to me.

Sent: Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:50 pm
To: Sturm2k
You are incredibly impatient and I am going to file a complaint on you....I have been working to meet your stupid requirements and demands while maintaining a busy life. You and I agreed to the trade just a couple days ago and I have been too busy at work to spend any time here on this site nor to get to the PO. For you to post a bad trade reference due to that is pathetic. I am sorry not everyone can sit on a computer all the time to conduct trades and sales of little toys.

Then followed this.

Sent: Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:54 pm
To: Sturm2k
The following comments were made on your bad reference from clarkwgrizwald:

We have been working out a trade/purchase for approximately 10 days. He offered $300 for over $700 of minis and after I reluctantly agreed, he started making demand after demand - and if I didnt respond fast enough he would start getting nasty. Then we finally settle and I get busy at work. I have not been on this site for 3-4 days and he posts a bad trade reference for backing out...which I never even said I was going to do!

---

This is clearly done out of spite and with zero disregard to the rulings.
LOWEST feedback pays / ships first. No exceptions even for myself. You have to earn trust on this site. Feedback is everything.
I packaged my models in Bubble wrap. I expect the same. So please package up the stuff nicely!
I never ask for something that I would not do myself.

People who owe me Refs :( - Rayjbaker -
clarkwgrizwald ( -14 )
New Trader

Post by clarkwgrizwald »

I would invite the moderators to review my inbox...they will see at least 3-4 unopened/unread messages from this guy from about Monday to today. I have been extraordinarily busy and have NOT been on this site reading and ignoring him. The last communication I had with him is our deal was set and I would get the package mailed as soon as I could. I get busy with work and can't get on this site only to come back and have a bad trade reference because he is getting impatient. As I told him, all he has to do is look at his outbox, it shows if you have messages you have sent that have not been read yet. If he were to look he would see that I have not read those messages. Instead he jumped to conclusions (due to his very impatient nature) and put up this erroneous deadbeat/backout post against me. To be honest, with his attitude and the way he has handled himself, I wouldn't want to complete the deal with him now anyway. Sturm2k, you need to learn patience and to get all your info before you ASSUME anything. You just through away an incredible deal.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

Locking for now.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.

Return to “Deadbeats & Backouts”