Max Ogden aka aedh11 BACKOUT

They're not Bad Traders per se but they are REALLY annoying. Tell us about them here. READ THE RULES.

Moderator: Moderators

Runewolf ( 510 )
Resident Trader

Max Ogden aka aedh11 BACKOUT

Post by Runewolf »

It all started as a simple, uneventful trade. As you will see, everything took a turn when i explained the "lower ref ships first" unofficial trade guideline. He can give his excuses very well still it sounds very strange. Here is the complete post with only the shipping info partially edited for privacy. Some of us invest our time here because we dont have enough money to invest anywere, time is money. Its harsh to spend good time on a bad trade or wasted on a backout.

Sent: Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:47 pm
by Runewolf

Im interesteb in the IG, have this:
Rulebook V 1
Rising powers
Fate deck
Mc Mourning box partialy painted above TT standards, all assembled and primed with cards
Necropunks- bare metal with cards
Zombie Chiuaua painted
K-9 remains all 4 glued bare metal no cards
Bette Noir painted with card.

Can send pics thru email.

Sent: Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:36 pm
by aedh11

I'd be incredibly interested in this. my email is maxogden@ymail.com

Where abouts are you based?

Sent: Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:31 pm
by Runewolf

Pics sent. Im in Puerto Rico, here its just like shipping to the US in postage cost.

Sent: Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:09 pm
by aedh11

They look fantastic, incredibly interested in this. I have all the tank sprues saved, with all the alternate guns etc, would you want these too?

Sent: Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:27 pm
by Runewolf

Im interested in:

2 Leman Russ built, not primed, with all sprues still with the turrets/side turrets
1 Leman Russ NiB
1 Imperial Armour 1 Updated version. Never read, mint condition.

Is the Imperial Armor 1 the current 2nd edition. Can you send pics of the built leman russ?

Sent: Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:29 pm
by aedh11

Yes, it is the current second edition. I'm afraid i've only got a bad webcam to take the pictures with, I can try but the results have never been good i'm afraid. I understand if that turns you off the deal though.

Sent: Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:37 pm
by Runewolf

Ok, then i'll need to know if they are properly cleaned and glued with no glue gunks or damaged parts and what glue you used. Turrets and side sponcers not glued? All parts included?

Sent: Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:43 pm
by aedh11

Everything was done properly, with GW Thin plastic glue. All parts are include, turrets not clued on, and sidesponsons un built, still on sprues and provided alongside all of the other additions. I actually built them in Warhammer World - I live just next to GW HQ, and used to work in the bar there :D

Sent: Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:58 pm
by Runewolf

Lucky you in a bar with a lot of minis. So the 3 Leman Russ and the Imperial Armor book for the Malifaux lot, is that correct?

Sent: Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:14 pm
by aedh11

I'm gonna check the MSRP of the Malifaux stuff, and i'll do it now, but I assume that yes, we have a deal

Sent: Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:43 pm
by aedh11

this deal seems perfect. Shall we exchange addresses?

Sent: Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:21 pm
by Runewolf

Awesome, here is my shipping info:

Gilberto AT Cardona
====================
===================
=====
US

Let me know when you ship, thanks for the trade.

Sent: Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:27 pm
by aedh11

Max Ogden
=============
===========
===========
England

let me know when you ship too, good trade

Sent: Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:13 pm
by aedh11

Shipped out today, should arrive within 10 days, hopefully a week.

Max

Sent: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:32 pm
by Runewolf

Great, thanks for the update.

Sent: Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:33 pm
by aedh11

Any idea of when you'll be shipping?

Sent: Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:18 pm
by Runewolf

You have a reference of (2) so you have traded here before, right? You know lower reference ships first as a general, non oficial guideline for trading.

Sent: Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:04 pm
by aedh11

hey there, just keeping you updated. I went to the post office to see how things were coming along, and they told me the parcel was being returned for unsuitable packaging. I am unsure as to what this means, but it has ofcourse delayed the arrival of your stuff.

I'll keep you updated as I find out more, i'll be going back there tomorrow.

Sent: Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:45 pm
by Runewolf

I already have your things packed so let me know what happened.

Sent: Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:33 pm
by Runewolf

Noticed you posted today all your IG, is everything OK?

Sent: Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:23 am
by aedh11

I apologise immensly, it was my own sloppiness. I just copied my old post over. no need to worry

Sent: Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:07 pm
by Runewolf

Any news on the package?

Sent: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:23 pm
by aedh11

Hello there, I'm sorry i've been so poor at keeping in contact, and for that I take full blame. I went back to the post office and they informed me that the packaging I had used (which they had previously told me was adequate) was unsuitable, and had ripped due to the weight of the book. The packaging required would almost double the shipping costs, which is something I cannot afford on my somewhat limited (University student) budget.

I am incredibly sorry for the confusion, lack of communication and dissapointing result, and I take full responsibility.

Max

Sent: Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:20 am
by Runewolf

I can offer to even out shipping so you dont pay more i can cover the difference between your package and mine

Sent: Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:58 pm
by Runewolf

I take you not answering as a reafirmation of you backing out.

Sent: Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:43 am
by aedh11

I'm so so so sorry. I comepleely forgot to reply to you: I'm currently in the middle of a trade gone badly, and I'm trying to get the guy to ship his stuff. Unfortunately, I've already shipped mine.

It would appear shipping will now be about £35, which I'm afraid I simply can't afford to pay, even with subsidisation.

Sorry I've been so bad at replying, it is completely my fault.

Sent: Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:13 am
by Runewolf

Still you engaged in another trade for wich you payed shipping and dropped our trade, that just doesnt make sense no matter how cheap your other trade was. I lost the oportunity to order the book thru my LGS waiting for yours to arrive.

Return to “Deadbeats & Backouts”