Backout/Deadbeat AnIrishGamer

They're not Bad Traders per se but they are REALLY annoying. Tell us about them here. READ THE RULES.

Moderator: Moderators

reegsk ( 478 )
Millenium Trader

Backout/Deadbeat AnIrishGamer

Post by reegsk »

I was hoping it wouldn't have to come to this. I agreed on a trade on Sunday, October 8th to trade my Cygnar lot for a bunch of Space Marine/Dark Angels and $55 in the form of a money order. I was willing to give this a little extra time, as I knew the post was going to have all sorts of issues from Sandy and I live up in Massachusetts, but it's been over three weeks and he still hasn't provided any proof that he's shipped, nor has he shown any great concern over the potential loss of $55 and a good amount of models. Further, I've reported him to Eric for potential sharing of an account, which I have bolded in the appropriate messages. The quote from him in the first message is from his reply to my trade thread.
Re: H: VC, SM, AD&D, Trolls, Cygnar, $ W: CSM, SM, IA, Books
Sent: Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:15 pm
by reegsk

Subject: H: VC, SM, AD&D, Trolls, Cygnar, $ W: CSM, SM, IA, Books

AnIrishGamer wrote:
Hey man I've got a box of DA veterans and 3 Bikes with Raven wing bits NoS. Would you consider taking them in trade with cash as the rest of the balance for your Cygnar?

Hey man,

So are you saying you have the Ravenwing Bike Squadron from GW's website? I'd be interested. What I usually do for partial trades is go retail-for-retail on the trade portion, and then work out a price for the difference. The retail on the DA Vets (assuming they're the new, plastic kit?) and bikes is &75, and retail on the Cygnar is $250, so we're talking a difference of $175. I was looking to sell the entire lot for about 40% of retail, so would you throw in $75 ($70 for 40% of the trade difference, plus five bucks for PayPal fees and to help with shipping, since it's a lot of metal)? Let me know what you're thinking.

Cheers,

Dan K.
Sent: Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:07 am
by AnIrishGamer

Well the total you had listed was $115.00 Shipped. But I'm not unreasonable, the only problem for me would be retail vs. retail assuming ours is the same condition. My stuff is all New in box or sprue. I was looking at the total you had listed as your stuff isn't new. Not Retail minus mine. If you are okay with an adjustment for that I'm good. That would make the cash I would owe you 45.00. However, I found another couple of bikes. (These are regular SM Bikes BUT I have the sprues from Raven wing so I can Include them to amke them SM Bikes.) SO what say Five bikes, all NoS, 1 Box DA veterans and $20.00 Cash for your cygnar, plus I'll toss in an extra sprue of two of DA stuff that I used some of the bits off of. Still ahs power weapons and stuff. THis work?
Sent: Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:43 am
by reegsk

The total listed was for a sale, not a trade. It's right in that first paragraph of my post:

Prices are for sales, trades are based off of retail for retail

If the models were painted, I would certainly adjust the trade portion significantly, but they're not. The chain gun and crewmen are primed, the rest are all just assembled but unpainted, unprimed. Given that Privateer models don't allow for conversions their value doesn't drop significantly when assembled like GW's, because GW products have a lot of customization options. Actually, with only a few exceptions, the Cygnar models are all one piece.

Even with the additional bikes, that's still too low for me. The retail on five bikes plus the vets is $82, so you're offering me $102. The total value on the Cygnar lot is just over $250, and it's going to cost me $12 to ship it (because it HAS to be Flat Rate priority, and they'll fit in a Medium box at best), which means I'm basically taking in $90. That's 65% OFF of retail for assembled, bare models. That's way too low. Selling them at $115 was going to be a hit, but it would be cash in my pocket.

With the added bikes, the difference in trade is $170. Since you're taking the whole lot, and I was offering it at 60% off of retail, so that would bring it down to $68. I'll knock off another $5 because that's what it'll cost to replace the banner pole arm on the Long Gunner UA, and drop off a few more dollars because I'd rather have models I can use as opposed to models I can't. So here's the trade I'm proposing:

You
DA Veterans Box
DA Bike Squadron Box
2 x Additional SM Bikes, NoS
Extra DA/Ravenwing bits to turn said SM bikes into Ravenwing
$55 via PayPal

Me
Full Long Gunners w/UA (Banner pole is broken, assembled, bare metal)
Full Trenchers w/UA and 3 x WA's (assembled, bare metal - WA's are NiB)
Trencher Chain Gun (assembled, primed black)
Grenadier (assembled, bare metal)
Triumph (assembled, bare metal)
Captain Maxwell Finn (assembled, bare metal)

After PayPal fees and shipping, I'm really only getting $40 and $82 in models, which is as low as I can go. Let me know what you're thinking.

Cheers,

Dan K.
Sent: Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:04 pm
by AnIrishGamer

What condition si your stuff? And IUw ould be trading for some, buying the rest. So it is a trade Plus a sale.
Sent: Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:06 pm
by reegsk

It's in the list - mos are bare metal, and the chain gun is primed black. All are assembled, and the banner pole from the long gunner UA is broken, so you'll have to pin or replace it, hence knocking off the extra five bucks.
Sent: Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:02 pm
by AnIrishGamer

SO what are we at so far with 6 Bikes for trade, the vets and Then your stuff?
Sent: Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:06 pm
by reegsk

reegsk wrote:
You
DA Veterans Box
DA Bike Squadron Box
$55 via PayPal

Me
Sent: Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:11 pm
by reegsk

And is it five bikes or six? In the first post where you mentioned them, you said you have two, and the RW box comes with three.
Sent: Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:00 am
by AnIrishGamer

Actually lol, I have like....Alot more than that. I've been going through my Storage. I actually have 6 Bikes, 1 Attack bike, These are absic space marine bikes. But then I have the sprues for the Raven wing battlebox. So they can be Raven wing bikes. ANd the box of unopened DA vets,
Sent: Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:03 am
by AnIrishGamer

I also have 3 Dark angels rhinos bare plastic.
Sent: Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:08 am
by reegsk

I would only need the five. So does that trade from my previous message work for you?
At this point the conversation continues in a different thread of PMs. I don't know why he switched, if he accidentally deleted the originals or what have you, but we continue:
query
Sent: Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:24 am
by AnIrishGamer

Is there any other SM/DA stuff you'd want? The Rhinos, Devestators, etc?
Re: query
Sent: Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:43 am
by reegsk

Not really, no.
Sent: Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:37 pm
by AnIrishGamer

ALright, cool. So what is the final tally?
Sent: Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:20 pm
by reegsk

You
DA Veterans Box
DA Bike Squadron Box
$55 via PayPal

Me
Sent: Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:45 pm
by AnIrishGamer

I thought we'd touched base over this, I actually don't use paypal. Prefer cash n' money order. If that's a problem, we're stuck lol.
Sent: Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:03 pm
by reegsk

No, we didn't discuss that yet. A Money Order is fine. I'd prefer one from the post office, as you don't have to worry about holds and such. With that part squared away, does the deal look alright to you? Also, it's not an official rule or policy of the website, but I do follow the Lowest Ships/Pays First guideline, meaning that the person with the lower feedback rating meets their end of the deal first. Let me know if that's alright with you.

Cheers,

Dan K.
Sent: Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:24 pm
by AnIrishGamer

Makes sense. Can Iget an address?
Sent: Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:27 pm
by reegsk

Sure.

[Address Removed]

Just a heads up - that hurricane is supposed to hit my area tomorrow, so there may be a disruption in getting mail up this way. Just wanted to give a heads up in case it takes an extra day or two.

Cheers,

Dan K.
Sent: Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:24 pm
by reegsk

Hey man,

Did you have a chance to ship this week? Lemme know!

Cheers,

Dan K
Sent: Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:16 pm
by reegsk

Hey man,

I see you got my last message. If you haven't shipped yet, that's fine, just keep me in the loop. It's been almost a week with no word.

Cheers,

Dan K.
Here's where he states he shares the account:
Sent: Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:42 am
by AnIrishGamer

Sorry man, my roomate also uses this, so sometimes it's him th at reads them. Yeah man, we're good. From what i understand the storms up north have slowed mail down.
Sent: Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:17 am
by reegsk

Do you have a tracking number?
Sent: Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:36 pm
by reegsk

Hey man, not to be a pest, but I wonder if your roommate read my last message - did you pay for delivery confirmation? If so, have you tracked the package? What day did you ship on last week? Please keep me posted. I'd hate for you to be out the cash and models if something happened to them en route.

Cheers,

Dan K
Sent: Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:26 am
by AnIrishGamer

I'll go check thepost office today.
Sent: Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:49 am
by reegsk

If you paid for delivery confirmation, you can just go on the website and enter the tracking number.
Sent: Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:54 am
by AnIrishGamer

My roomate dropped it off, he's trying to find the receipt/
Sent: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:30 am
by reegsk

Hey man,

Look, we're going on three weeks now, and you haven't provided a tracking number or even told me exactly which day your roommate shipped. Even if you shipped on the 29th or 30th, the package wouldn't have been caught up in the storm, and I have received many packages from all over the country since then. Did you or your roommate actually ship? If so, what day did you/he ship on? Did you/he pay for delivery confirmation? If so, what is the confirmation number? Where are you shipping from? I'm trying to be patient, but I have no package and no proof anything was shipped. If you can give me the latter, then I can just wait for it to arrive, regardless of how long it takes. Please just give me some specific information.

Cheers,

Dan K.
Sent: Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:39 am
by reegsk

Alright dude, if I don't hear back from you by Monday with some definitive proof that you have actually shipped your half of the deal, I'm considering this trade dead in the water. This is reinforced by the fact that you've posted a new trade thread with several items that seem to be conspicuously similar to the ones your roommate allegedly shipped to me three weeks ago. So again, if I don't hear back from you by Monday morning with a specific date, time and tracking number for this package, I'll be posting a backout thread up and considering this trade void.

Dan K.
Sent: Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:15 am
by AnIrishGamer

Well I've got a list of five numbers I can send you, all the different stuff I shipped. The stuff you see is because I had alot of doubles, and I also took on my brothers collection to move as well. I tell you what, if it will ease your concern (and mine) I could send off, monday, with a tracking number, another order for $55.00 and then you can just send the original back whenever it shows. Would that work? I have to say I'm sorry about the slip shod way this got handled, but I was working this deal from outta town and let my buddy get involved (some of the stuff was for his mercs). So, I'll do it however you like bro.
Sent: Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:22 am
by reegsk

Why don't you just track the packages and see where they are? Or send me the tracking numbers and I can check?
Sent: Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:33 pm
by AnIrishGamer

Because I don't know which number is for which package. I wish I did.
Sent: Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:11 pm
by reegsk

You can send me all five. It'll only take a minute for me to run them through the USPS website and I can see if any of them haven't arrived yet.
Sent: Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:56 pm
by reegsk

I'm still waiting on those tracking numbers.
He's read my last message, but not replied. I'll be sending a message to him to direct his attention to this thread once it's posted.
reegsk ( 478 )
Millenium Trader

Re: Backout/Deadbeat AnIrishGamer

Post by reegsk »

Sent: Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:46 pm
To: AnIrishGamer

Alright, well I've posted a thread in the Backouts and Deadbeats forum found here:

viewtopic.php?f=45&t=181300

You should also be expecting a message from forum moderators for sharing a single account, which is against the rules. If the package does arrive at this point, I will ship it back to you, deducting the cost of shipping from the money order. I wish it hadn't come to this, but you have regularly avoided answering my direct questions about when the package was allegedly shipped, nor have you furnished me with
This is the message I sent to him.
reegsk ( 478 )
Millenium Trader

Post by reegsk »

Sent: Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:46 pm
To: AnIrishGamer

Alright, well I've posted a thread in the Backouts and Deadbeats forum found here:

viewtopic.php?f=45&t=181300

You should also be expecting a message from forum moderators for sharing a single account, which is against the rules. If the package does arrive at this point, I will ship it back to you, deducting the cost of shipping from the money order. I wish it hadn't come to this, but you have regularly avoided answering my direct questions about when the package was allegedly shipped, nor have you furnished me with any of the five tracking numbers you supposedly have.
Ahem, there's the FULL message.
reegsk ( 478 )
Millenium Trader

Post by reegsk »

The package suspiciously reappeared the day I posted this thread:
Sent: Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:18 am
To: reegsk

Do what you feel. I did however discover the issue. The package was returned to the post office as undeliverable due to damage it incurred. So No worries about shipping back, I have recieved the items again, the box was tampered with Looks like somebody opened it and then tried ot tape it back up. Sorry it came to this too.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

reegsk wrote:The package suspiciously reappeared the day I posted this thread:

Do what you feel. I did however discover the issue. The package was returned to the post office as undeliverable due to damage it incurred. So No worries about shipping back, I have recieved the items again, the box was tampered with Looks like somebody opened it and then tried ot tape it back up. Sorry it came to this too.
Yeah.. except that's not precisely how it happens.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
kturock ( 590 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!

Post by kturock »

MagickalMemories wrote:
reegsk wrote:The package suspiciously reappeared the day I posted this thread:

Yeah.. except that's not precisely how it happens.

Eric
Not wanting to threadjack but,...
the parcel sorting machines can easily rip open a package. and it would be resealed and RTS. I'd ask for a picture of the box with the address area. Thieves don't RTS, they destroy the itmes. [usually]
Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777
reegsk ( 478 )
Millenium Trader

Post by reegsk »

I'm not going to waste more time with him, and I certainly don't believe him, given the following:

A) He never gave a specific ship date, despite my asking several times.
B) He never provided evidence of having shipped, including a tracking #. When he claimed to have one mixed up with several others, and I asked twice for them, they were never provided.
C) It seems overly convenient that the package just happened to be returned the day I posted this thread.

I'm not saying it's impossible, but highly, highly improbable.
kturock ( 590 )

Post by kturock »

I haven't said to believe him, but, to ask for a picture. If he can't or doesn't produce 1, it's more evidence he's lying. if he does, it just proves he as a damaged package. if it shows part of your address and the date postage was purchased or when the stamps were cancelled, then MAYBE he's not completely lying.
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

kturock wrote:Not wanting to threadjack but,...
the parcel sorting machines can easily rip open a package. and it would be resealed and RTS. I'd ask for a picture of the box with the address area. Thieves don't RTS, they destroy the itmes. [usually]
That's not a threadjack at all. While, really, kind of a tangent of the original thread, there's absolutely no problem with that.
To be clear, as you're the resident shipping guru, if a box is damaged or, for some reason, cannot be delivered (address ripped off, etc.), will the US Postal Service return the box to the office that it was shipped from, or send it to some other, more centralized location?

Thanks.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
kturock ( 590 )

Post by kturock »

MagickalMemories wrote:
kturock wrote:Not wanting to threadjack but,...
That's not a threadjack at all. While, really, kind of a tangent of the original thread, there's absolutely no problem with that.
To be clear, as you're the resident shipping guru, if a box is damaged or, for some reason, cannot be delivered (address ripped off, etc.), will the US Postal Service return the box to the office that it was shipped from, or send it to some other, more centralized location?

Thanks.

Eric
it gets sent to a central building that will try to put it back together and/or find an address. it used to be done in the local building, but now...it's not.
once it's sealed/resealed or packed in a bag, it'll be sent to the address that's most readable. if that's the return address, that's where it goes.
then from there it gets delivered to that address.

If the only address they can find is on the postage, then it will be sent there, hoping someone, somehow recalls it to RTS. [you'd be amazed on how sometimes things stick out in your mind and you recall who mailed what. especially when they're regular customer. it's very rare that they'd call a customer. they il send a letter/notice if they have/know the address.]

it will not sit in an office waiting to get picked up unless it's:

postage due. [was sent media rate and there's more than books in it or it's sent parcel post; which is 1 way postage and doesn't cover returns.]

or contains illegal material.[i've seen the postal inspectors, police and wildlife officers arrest addressees for drugs and illegally killed animals. {that uncure, uncleaned baby bear skin stunk}]

I hope that helps.

Like I said; if he says it was returned to him, then have him send you a pic of the box, showing the damage, and address label and the postage showing the date or the cancellation mark showing the date.

Return to “Deadbeats & Backouts”