BTR theyoungblood

They're not Bad Traders per se but they are REALLY annoying. Tell us about them here. READ THE RULES.

Moderator: Moderators

Thatbombguy ( 78 )
Apprentice Trader

BTR theyoungblood

Post by Thatbombguy »

Originally (and mistakenly) just jumped on someone else's bandwagon - per advisement of the Mods, I'm reposting here as a seperate complaint to hopefully help other avoid this.

BLUF: I was contacted by him to trade for my son's Skaven army. After setting everything up, he agreed to ship first. Then fell off the planet. No replies, no acknowledgement, nothing. I understand power outages, but after two weeks, power is restored and life rolls on. I feel like I gave ample opportunity to either resume contact or back out of the trade, and given that his username has shown up in other BTRs, this is probably an "avoid at all costs." I frankly don't care if he fell off the planet, but explaining how some people don't follow through on promises to a very disappointed eleven year old is not cool.

Re: H: Skaven W: Dwarves or Tomb Kings

Sent: Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:02 pm
by Thatbombguy

I am trying once more to make contact and find out what's going on - if you don't want to trade, that's fine - just let me know. If you still intend to complete the trade, I need to know that as well as a hard time for shipping and the tracking # of the shipment. I don't mind if you can't follow through - just can't abide never hearing back on what's going on. I will give you until Saturday at which time I'll be posting a backout entry in the forums if I don't hear anything. I hope it does not come to that. I can fully understand storm recovery and all - lived in FL through several hurricanes to include Katrina - and there may well be factors I don't know about, but I need to know what's going on so I don't leave bad feedback when it's not deserved.

Sent: Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:35 pm
by Thatbombguy

I'm sorry - could you get me some sort of idea on timeline? I recognize that you probably have bigger things on your plate right now, but 11-year-olds aren't exactly focused on world issues and he's pretty jazzed about a new (to him) army. Thanks!

Sent: Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:46 am
by Thatbombguy

Morning,

Just wanted to check in - hope you've got power back, as it's way too hot to be without right now. My son was inquiring again, so I told him I'd check up, but asked him to be patient due to the circumstances.

Cheers
Gordon

Sent: Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:59 pm
by Thatbombguy

Ah, sorry - didn't realize you were one of the storm hits there. Good luck getting juice back on and we'll watch for a note from you when you ship. Thanks for the update!

Sent: Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:20 am
by theyoungblood

I do still want to do the trade. We are still out of power from the storms that blew through the midwest this week. I will ship out as soon as I can.

J

Sent: Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:51 am
by Thatbombguy

Morning! Just following up, as my son was asking about when the Tomb Kings might come in - do you still want to do this trade, and if so, when will you be shipping? Thanks!

Sent: Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:08 pm
by Thatbombguy

About halfway through packing the Skaven - still need a shipping address from you to wrap up the box. Please send the delivery confirmation # for the tomb kings - I'll forward it to my son's e-mail so he can track it (he's just a little bit excited).

Sent: Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:30 am
by Thatbombguy

Perfect - I'll have the Skaven boxed up to go out as soon as the TK gets here.

Address for shipment will be:
James Hunter
5559 S Sicily Way
Aurora CO 80015-6511

Please let me know where you'd like the rats to go

Sent: Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:28 am
by theyoungblood

Sounds good to me! I will try to get this lot out Monday.

Thanks,

J

Sent: Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:35 am
by Thatbombguy

Okay - had to wait for him to wake up this morning to check, but he's good with the deal. So, per normal BT trade custom, lower trade reference ships first. If you would, please send me a tracking # of some sort when you ship (USPS delivery confirmation or otherwise) and I'll do the same when I send the Skaven.

And to be sure I'm clear, you'll include the army book, Tomb King and Lich Priest models with the remaining items in the list? I'll pack all Skaven, war machines, rule book and movement trays to go from here. Sound like a deal?

Sent: Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:38 pm
by theyoungblood

It is 40 bowman the equivalent of two battalions. The tomb king is taken from the NecroSpinx set and the liche priest is just from a blister fine cast.

j

Sent: Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:27 pm
by Thatbombguy

Thanks for the info - can you tell me which characters you have? For future BT reference, helps if the list is complete! If you have have a Tomb King (or Kings) and a Liche Priest (or priests), plus the book, I think we might have a deal. Is the bowmen set the usual GW 16 troops when completed? Please send me a full list of the army that you wish to trade and we'll proceed from there.

Sent: Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:45 pm
by theyoungblood

Hi there-

1) For the bowman it means that the feet are attached to the bases. The upper bodies (torso, head, arms, etc) are not yet assembled.
2) I have quite a few character models that I did not include in the list. A liche priest and a tomb king are both included.
3) Yes, I have the army book I would be willing to trade.

Let me know

J

Sent: Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:59 pm
by Thatbombguy

Few more questions - sorry.

Do you have the current army book and would you be willing to add that, or $40 toward a Tomb King/Liche Priest character model to make the army fully playable? The Skaven army includes the book and a variety of characters, so I'd like to give my son the ability to field this army competitively.

Thanks!

Sent: Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:52 pm
by Thatbombguy

Yes, we're interested. For the bowmen - you mean you've assembled the lower bodies, but not the upper? How many bowmen does that make?

Once I hear back from you, we'll talk about how to work through the trade.

Sent: Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:09 am
by theyoungblood

Hi there-

Are you still looking to trade this army? Here are the Tomb Kings I have on hand I would trade:

Tomb Kings
3 Chariots New on Sprue. Bare plastic, all bits included.
6 Chariots Assembled. Bare Plastic.
4 Bowman Arm Sprues. I have the feet on bases.
3 Necropolis Knights. Bare plastic, Never Primed or Painted.
3 Finecast Ushabti. Bare resin, Never Primed or Painted.
1 Necrosphinx. Bare plastic, Never Primed or Painted. Assembled.
1 Finecast Necrotect. New resin, bare resin.
8 Tomb Kings Cavalry. New Plastic, Never Primed or Painted.

Thanks,

Jason
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Re: BTR theyoungblood

Post by MagickalMemories »

Looks like I owe you an apology, bombguy.
I didn't notice in the previous post that your trade never actually completed (you never sent him anything). In that case, this is not eligible for a BTR.

It IS eligible for a Backout report, however, so I've moved your thread to the backout forum & created a "Hall of Shame" thread on him.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
Thatbombguy ( 78 )
Apprentice Trader

Re: BTR theyoungblood

Post by Thatbombguy »

RIghto - thanks for the clarification and the assist!

Return to “Deadbeats & Backouts”