travnape back out on me READ THIS AND SEE

They're not Bad Traders per se but they are REALLY annoying. Tell us about them here. READ THE RULES.

Moderator: Moderators

thumper64hbm ( 92 )
BTown Regular

travnape back out on me READ THIS AND SEE

Post by thumper64hbm »

THIS IS THE WHOLE CONVERSATION FROM THE BEGINNG TO THE END. YOU TELL ME IF WE HAD A DEAL OR NOT. AND FROM ME LEAVING HIM BAD FEEDBACK HE LEFT ME SOME TO.

My exact words were "It'll be a few days til I can gather the funds, I'm awaiting a handful of payments then I can send over payment, that'll give us time to review the pics and for you to pack her all up" Yeah I probably shouldn't have said "give you time to pack her all up" until I had reviewed the pics, but this once again establishes that my decision to complete the transaction hung on the nature of the pics.

Yes I probably should have considered the fact that the cadians weren't quite what I was wanting or hoping for, but being out a little money which you'll need to spend anyway shipping this stuff to SOMEONE, hardly falls to me as costing you a bunch of money since you'll need the packing materials either way.

Again, I am sorry, but if you had other trades on the line or offers come in in the time it took me to reconsider the offer and get back to you, you should have let me know and I could have said "yeah go ahead and make your other trade", but you didn't.

sorry for all the unpleasantnessQuote thumper64hbmRe: H: Eldar,IG,DE,CSM,SM,MenothW:IG,Circle,terrain,PP
Sent: Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:44 pm
by thumper64hbm

and thats why you said give a couple of days to get the money to and that would give me time to get things boxed up. ya i am out some money going and buying things to package things up.Quote travnapeRe: H: Eldar,IG,DE,CSM,SM,MenothW:IG,Circle,terrain,PP
Sent: Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:38 pm
by travnape

Listen, I said that my offer was contingent on the pictures that you sent, and based on the paint issue alone I could have turned down the lot and backed out of the offer. You have nothing to contest me on. I have clear communication records stating "This also would all be contingent on seeing a pic of the painted stuff so I know how much work needs to go into restoring them if any" Sorry that you thought that meant that I'd still go ahead and buy it all knowing that most the paint jobs were crap. sorry I didn't get back to you yesterday to tell you but it's been a very busy week and I couldn't get around it it. You wanna "report" me, feel free, but you'll get contested by me and have equally negative feedback be given to you for your lack of understanding and realization that sometimes things fall through and since there is no contract here, people may just reconsider based on the quality of the lot, the price involved or potentially other lots that they can get which are better deals. If you post your list back up again, you have exactly the same chance of selling it off as you did before we tried to work out a deal, you are out absolutely nothing other than a little time which I too am out, but that's life.Quote thumper64hbmRe: H: Eldar,IG,DE,CSM,SM,MenothW:IG,Circle,terrain,PP
Sent: Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:20 pm
by thumper64hbm

so know your going to back out after several days of things that i could of trade off or sold off. Thats BS and im going to turn that in for you backing out of the deal.Quote travnapeRe: H: Eldar,IG,DE,CSM,SM,MenothW:IG,Circle,terrain,PP
Sent: Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:38 pm
by travnape

so looking at this lot again, I think I may need to pass. since a vast majority of the value here is Cadian stuff and that is not moving very well right now, I don't think it's worthwhile. Also the marine and chaos stuff looks like a lot of it has pretty thick paint and might be a lot of work to strip down, which I just don't have the time for. So I think I'll have to pass after all.

Thanks for your time and the pics. I appreciate it and good luck with your selling/tradingQuote thumper64hbmRe: H: Eldar,IG,DE,CSM,SM,MenothW:IG,Circle,terrain,PP
Sent: Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:28 am
by thumper64hbm

k will do thanks.Quote travnapeRe: H: Eldar,IG,DE,CSM,SM,MenothW:IG,Circle,terrain,PP
Sent: Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:04 pm
by travnape

Sure did, just gimmie a day or so and I'll get back to you, thanksQuote thumper64hbmRe: H: Eldar,IG,DE,CSM,SM,MenothW:IG,Circle,terrain,PP
Sent: Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:34 pm
by thumper64hbm

just woundering if u had a chance to look at the pic's yet or not.

Thanks, BruceQuote thumper64hbmRe: H: Eldar,IG,DE,CSM,SM,MenothW:IG,Circle,terrain,PP
Sent: Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:55 am
by thumper64hbm

pic's sent. i mostly took them of the painted modles. in one of the pic's ur see 4 oop terminators, Chaos Space Marine Sorcerer with Force Staff and Plasma Pistol, and some kind of a gun, it came with the space marines. im throwing thoughs in for u.Quote thumper64hbmRe: H: Eldar,IG,DE,CSM,SM,MenothW:IG,Circle,terrain,PP
Sent: Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:32 am
by thumper64hbm

k that will work out. ill get the pic's out today. the only thing that i really have any bits for us the eldar stuff. every thing else i got in trades used and didnt get any bits with them =( sorry about that.Quote travnapeRe: H: Eldar,IG,DE,CSM,SM,MenothW:IG,Circle,terrain,PP
Sent: Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:08 am
by travnape

Oh and forgot to ask, does this include any spare bits? I love to customize stuff with bits and always have fun digging through it.Quote travnapeRe: H: Eldar,IG,DE,CSM,SM,MenothW:IG,Circle,terrain,PP
Sent: Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:07 am
by travnape

So yeah, if u could send some general pics of everything, especially anything painted, that'd be great. Travisbrown@crossroads-rpg.com

It'll be a few days til I can gather the funds, I'm awaiting a handful of payments then I can send over payment, that'll give us time to review the pics and for you to pack her all up Quote travnapeRe: H: Eldar,IG,DE,CSM,SM,MenothW:IG,Circle,terrain,PP
Sent: Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:29 pm
by travnape

Yeah I could do that, no problem. Just will have to send it as a payment so it's protected by pay pal.Quote thumper64hbmRe: H: Eldar,IG,DE,CSM,SM,MenothW:IG,Circle,terrain,PP
Sent: Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:21 pm
by thumper64hbm

ya i think that would work. just to bring it up. would u pay first since i have higher feed back. i do have paypal to, which with that large amount of money would be the best way to do it and here is all my info

(THIS WAS ALL OF MY PERSONAL INFO THAT WAS HERE)

Anytihing else please ask and let me know.
Thanks,BruceQuote travnapeRe: H: Eldar,IG,DE,CSM,SM,MenothW:IG,Circle,terrain,PP
Sent: Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:57 pm
by travnape

That's fine, russes are good too

How would $700 shipped for all (nit the dark eldar) sound?Quote thumper64hbmRe: H: Eldar,IG,DE,CSM,SM,MenothW:IG,Circle,terrain,PP
Sent: Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:35 pm
by thumper64hbm

they are leman russes. not land raiders lol sorry about that

1xLR battle tank w lascannon front and plasma cannons side
1x LR demolisher w lascannon front and no side spons
1xLR battle tank w heavy bolters front and side
2x LR punisher w heavy bolters front and side ( this where converted to be punishers, not by me though)
1x LR battle tank that has its cannon cut off of at the turrent w heavy bolters on the side and the front weapon has been cut off.

After that being said what would ur offer be then. yes i can send pic's to u, just send me ur emailQuote travnapeRe: H: Eldar,IG,DE,CSM,SM,MenothW:IG,Circle,terrain,PP
Sent: Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:55 pm
by travnape

Oh and that is without the dark Eldar stuff, nobody wants the oop de unfortunatelyQuote travnapeRe: H: Eldar,IG,DE,CSM,SM,MenothW:IG,Circle,terrain,PP
Sent: Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:53 pm
by travnape

So looks like based on the list you have about $1700 retail there, Plus the land raiders. With a lot that size I could really only do 35% of retail which would be $600, I would pay $24 per land raider and pay $40 toward shipping. This also would all be contingent on seeing a pic of the painted stuff so I know how much work needs to go into restoring them if any (some paint jobs are better than others after all). So let me know if you'd still be interested.Quote thumper64hbmRe: H: Eldar,IG,DE,CSM,SM,MenothW:IG,Circle,terrain,PP
Sent: Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:49 am
by thumper64hbm

oh and i have 3-4 LR battle tanks to. i didnt put them on here yet because they where in my sons room and he was asleep lol. when iu get a chance ill see what then are for sure to.Quote thumper64hbmRe: H: Eldar,IG,DE,CSM,SM,MenothW:IG,Circle,terrain,PP
Sent: Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:44 am
by thumper64hbm

im not really sure. what do u think would be a fare price for it all. i would like to get around 50%-40% retale for it. just make me an offer and we can go from their, the wrost i can say is no and make a counter offer.

Thanks, BruceQuote travnapeRe: H: Eldar,IG,DE,CSM,SM,MenothW:IG,Circle,terrain,PP
Sent: Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:14 am
by travnape

Just curious how much you would want for all your 40K stuff if I bought it all in one fell swoop

Subject: H: Eldar,IG,DE,CSM,SM,MenothW:IG,Circle,terrain,PP

thumper64hbm wrote:
Wanting to trade this off will trade in your favor if its what i really want. will sell off to.
Eldar:
2x Farssers 1 bare metal/1 some paint on it
2x Warp spider exarch nib
5x DarkReapers bare metal
3x Striking scorpions Exarch bare metal
18x Guardians- bare plastic

IG:
9x Sentinels multi laser prime black/whit/bare
3x Sentinals heavy flamer 1 painted/ 2 primed white
65x Catachan lasguns troopers-7 are painted
5x Catachan flamers bare plastic
2x Catachan plasma guns bare metal
4x Catachan melta gun- bare metal
10x Catachan NIB
3x Rough riders (1 has a lance-1has a sword-1 has a horn)primed white
1x Mogul Kamir bare
1x Steel legion grenade luncher primed white
1x Steel legion sergeant painted
14x Storm troopers bare metal
2x Storm trooper sergeant bare metal

DE:
6x Dark eldar reavers oop painted 1 is missing its base
1x Ravager oop painted

Chaos:
1x Terminater w/combir melta oop
1x Terminater w/reaper auto cannon oop painted
1x Terminater w/ bolter& power sword oop painted(the sword is broken and missing)
1x Terminater w/ powerfist & autocannon oop painted
1x Terminater w/bolter & chian axe oop painted
1x Terminator w/ chainfist and melta gun oop painted
1x Terminator w/bolter & powerfist oop painted
1x Terminatoer w/combi flamer & chain axe oop painted
1x Fabius Bile painted
1x Abaddon metal painted
1x CSM flamer painted oop
1x chaos Dreadnought(has heavybolter/autocannon/plasma gun arms and 3 different close combat arms to) metal painted

Space Marines:
34x Marines painted
5x Marines oop some metal on them painted
3x Marine capt w/powerfist & bolt pistoloop painted
1x Marine capt w/power axe bolt pistol metal painted
3x flamers 1 oop painted
1x metla gunner primed
2x plasma gunners painted
1x Space Marine Apothecary painted
1x Techmarine painted oop
2x Marines wmissle lunchers oop painted
1x Marine w heavy bolter oop painted
10x Assault Marined 3x w/plasma pistol & powerfist, 1xw powerfist, 1x w plasma pistol.
2x Land speeders painted 1x w heavy bolter the other has no weapons
1x land speeder painted oop metal
1xSpace Marine Attack Bike plastic & metal no weapon primed

Menoth:
2xDelivers primed black

Wants:
Imperial Bastion - any condition

IG:
1xManticor NIB
1x Valkyrie NIB
Vostroyan sniper (one with the mask)

Circle:
2x Ravager units full
Druids full unit
2xShifting stones
Warpborn skinwalkers full unit
Tharn blood weavers full unit
Tharn ravager chieftain
Tharn ravager shaman
Lord of feast
Tharn ravanger whitemane
Shadowhorn satyr
Megalith
2x Woldwyrd
2x Woldwarden
Pureblood warpwolf new one
Feral warpwolf new one
Warpwolf stalker new one
travnape ( 46 )
Apprentice Trader

Re: travnape back out on me READ THIS AND SEE

Post by travnape »

I do acknowledge here and when I messaged you that I did make a mistake in not assessing my desire for the cadian part of the lot properly prior to agreeing (contingently) to buy the lot. I did have the full intention to move forward on the deal, but made it very clear that i was waiting for the pictures of the painted stuff before making the final assessment. I don't feel you were entitled to give me negative feedback as generally i consider that for people who fail to deliver the product, don't make the payment as agreed (which is NOT the case here per my stipulation above) or for stuff that arrives not as promised with stuff missing, different, broken, etc. I left you return bad feedback because that's the only way to publicly respond to the negative feedback you left me.

That said it is fair that you post here in the backouts section because I did back out on a deal that was mostly settled on, but I only committed to the deal if the painting would not require a lot of stripping work, which it looked like it would.

Sorry if the dollar signs in your eyes blinded you to that point I made a couple times during the deal
porkuslime ( 3094 )
Gentleman Sadist

Re: travnape back out on me READ THIS AND SEE

Post by porkuslime »

OK, it looks to me like this not quite a valid Back Out, as travnape DID say that pictures were contingent for his decision. Possibly could have been worded better, but throughout the deal, it was brought up that the pictures were key.

This reads to me far more like 2 sides not being able to come to a consensus. travnape does not seem to have provided his address so it seems like the deal did not get too close to a closure.

Having said that, you two are about to get a PM from me.

-Porkuslime
2+2=5 for sufficiently large values of 2.

If you don't have your Location listed in your User Control Panel, why not take a second and update it? It will let your trading partners know where you are from the beginning.

I use the Unofficial Porkuslime Trading Guidelines - if you have way less refs.. you ship first.

Folks I am awaiting a ref from.. Zack

USPS Mail Fraud
FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center

http://www.40korigins.com - Bringing 40k events to the Origins Game Fair!

Return to “Deadbeats & Backouts”