Backout - Bobby1213 (Painting commission)

They're not Bad Traders per se but they are REALLY annoying. Tell us about them here. READ THE RULES.

Moderator: Moderators

porkuslime ( 3094 )
Gentleman Sadist

Backout - Bobby1213 (Painting commission)

Post by porkuslime »

I needed some zombies painted fairly quickly to use this coming spring in a series of Demo WHFB games. I happened to also have a GW Small case, and thought maybe I could find someone who was willing to do tabletop painting in exchange for the case.

I put a post out in the Painters Wanted forum..
Re: H: GW figure case W: Zombies painted (US Only)
Sent: Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:23 pm
by Bobby1213
Hey there,
Just saw your post and was wondering if you had found anybody yet. I don't have 100 refs but I do have all positives on large lots and no nuetral or bad ratings. Also being a student I have quite a bit of extra time to get them done in a short period of time. So if you haven't found anybody and are willing to give me a shot I would be more than glad to paint a ton of zombies for you.

Thanks,
Bobby
Sent: Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:52 pm
by porkuslime
well, no I haven't found anyone yet.. so I would be up for talking a bit.

Do you have any pictures of stuff you have painted you can share, or maybe a reference or 2 that you can pass along about painting quality and maybe turnaround time?

I also am wondering what a fair assesment of case / zombies would be.. I have about 50 zombies, and I would be floored if someone wanted to paint the 50 for me for the case.. but heck, if someone is willing to rate their painting at a buck-a-fig, I won't look a gift horse in the mouth.

Another concern would be turn around time.. how long do you think it might be to paint zombies?

Sent: Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:45 pm
by Bobby1213
I do have quite a few friends locally that are on here that can vouge for my painting. If you want I can have them Message you being as my camera broke last week when I was trying to take pictures of some GW stuff I have no use for. Also as far as turnaround time if its only 50 zombies I could probably knock that out in under a week and have them in the mail back to you by then. Honestly I enjoy painting and i have quite a few models without a case or foam so would be more than glad to do all 50 for ya.
Sent: Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:07 am
by porkuslime

that would be nice... I may have traded with them in the past...lol
Sent: Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:17 am
by Bobby1213
alrighty, Sending them texts to see when they can. Don't consider my painting sub-par by any means but understand the request for references or pictures. Might be able to borrow a camera also sometime this week to let you see first hand. Usually am just rushing it to get my stuff painted for tournaments and such so Tabletop quality is fairly easy to knock out quite fast, took 2nd in a painting contest with models I rushed to get done in just a couple nights but will most definitely try to get them to message you if I can't get you pictures before then.
At this point, I DID get 2 of his local friends to message me, both are BT Members, one has 40+ ratings and later in the post I will be referring to him as “Concerned Friend”, as he would like to stay anonymous at this point.
Sent: Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:29 am
by porkuslime

I have gotten positive notes from Jerick and “Concerned Friend”.. however, neither one has been able to share photos of paint quality, so.... I have provisionally decided to go with you.. pending pictures.

That is kinda key for me. I am not looking for Golden Daemon quality, but I am looking for better than 5th grader ability (I have a 5th grader.. she tried!)

I also should mention that I am awaiting a final 6 zombies in the mail.. don't know when they will arrive, but when they do is when I can mail out.
Sent: Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:26 am
by Bobby1213
ok, sounds good. I will see if one can bring a camera on wednesday and take some of things I have done recently so you can see them then. Also might be able to get Jerick to send some of 2 models he has of mine that I painted some time ago but are of fair quality.
Sent: Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:43 am
by porkuslime

Bobby.. I have just found out that 6 zombies that I had been awaiting, are delayed a bit.. maybe 2 weeks.

I can EITHER send the zombies I have so you can get a start.. OR... wait and send the load all at once.

I should also have mentioned, and apologies if I haven't yet.. I am sending a mix of (4 zombies on a regimental base) and indivdually based zombies..

One of the Regimental Bases worth is a "command" set,... champ, banner, and musician..

that all right?
Sent: Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:17 pm
by Bobby1213
yeah thats fine if you wanted to wait to save yourself on shipping im fine with that. Whatever is easiest for you since I know it can be a hassle sometimes. Also I'm ok with painting up regimental units just let me know if there is anything specific you want on the banner or anything.
Sent: Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:38 am
by porkuslime
Bobby.. we are now at that time!

I am ready to send the Zombie Horde off to you.. but will need your address to mail.

I am not sending any metal zombies.. I got tired of waiting for them to arrive.

The Horde maxed out at 52 models. 12 on individual bases, and 40 on regimental bases (4 per base, 10 bases).

There are bare plastic ones, primed black ones, and primed white as well. 3 zombies have beginning paint. GW, Mantic, and the occasional off brand kit bash are in there.
Sent: Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:03 am
by Bobby1213
yeah that is fine. And just to make sure its GW Dark Flesh on all the bases after I'm done painting the actual model? Just want to make sure that is what you want on the bases afterwards. Address is:

Robert Stene
1865 West Meadows Dr. NW
Salem, OR 97304
At this point, I reformatted the total deal, and sent a “Formal trade PM” changing the title.

Zombies for Figure Case final
Sent: Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:35 am
by porkuslime
Just to get everything on one PM.

Bobby1213 is going to paint for Porkuslime 52 plastic zombies (currently in a variety of paint levels, but all complete models) (40 models on regimental bases and 12 individually based, one regimental command base). Bobby is going to paint them to a decent Tabletop level, not competition level by any means (lol), as they are a demo unit.

No themed basing on them, with the exception of GW Dark Flesh being used to paint the tops and sides of the bases.

No specific directives as for color or overall theme, execpt that they are all generally "rotting humans". Please no day-glo radioactive green! (lol)

When the job is complete, (hopefully within a month of reception), Bobby1213 is going to keep the case they were shipped to him in, as payment.

The case Porkuslime is providing is a GW 108 figure 3-tray hard suitcase, with red foam inserts instead of the black ones shown on the GW Site. The trays and case are in good shape, no rips tears, etc..

Bobby 1213's address..

Robert Stene
1865 West Meadows Dr. NW
Salem, OR 97304

Porkuslime's address

Jim Leitzel
(Redacted)

Sound correct?

If so, I will get that out as soon as I can get a box..

-Jim
Re: Zombies for Figure Case final
Sent: Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:42 am
by Bobby1213
yep that sounds good, really shouldn't take more than a week or 2 to get those done and back but a month is a safe amount of time incase school incases me for a bit. But other than that it sounds like a deal. Thank you sir.

Sent: Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:13 am
by porkuslime

Bobby.. the zombies are en route to you.. parcel post.

DC 0311 0820 0001 2891 6961
Sent: Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:29 pm
by Bobby1213
Alrighty, says expected on the 28th so I'll be ready to get to work on them then. Thanks!
Sent: Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:11 am
by porkuslime

thanks to the site issues, I know communications were iffy for the last 4-5 days...

Did you get the zombies OK and can you easily work with what I sent?
Sent: Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:02 pm
by Bobby1213
yes, and yes. just had a couple questions. I assume you want me to paint over the ones already painted or just leave them? Also there was a tape measure in there, was that in there by accident?
Sent: Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:18 pm
by porkuslime

was it orange?

I am missing one of those.. but since they cost me a buck each, I don't care.. enjoy! (Call it a tip)

please either paint over, or adapt any prior paint schemes.. there was one painted radioactive green and I think I primed him black... offesive to the eye..
Sent: Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:26 am
by porkuslime

Hey,.. how they going? Been 6 days.. you should have em done by now! (naaah .. teasing!)

I was thinking.. the banner bearer.. what are you planning on doing with the banner? put a design on it, or something? I am drawing a blank myself.. but If you got any great ideas I am ninety nine percent likely to go with your route..
Sent: Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:24 pm
by Bobby1213
got quite a few done, I'd say about 1/3. was gonna sk you about that. What is the game for? cause I mean I could throw a brain on it or somethin just to kinda go with the zombie theme.
Sent: Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:51 pm
by porkuslime

it is for a WHFB demo army for the summer. We are running twice a day "Learn to play WHFB" demos... and these guys will be in that army, fondled by tons of grubby kids.. and adults.

So, needs to be tasteful.. not gory, non-nudity.... I was thinking corrupted/damaged heraldry...
Sent: Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:57 am
by Bobby1213
hey sorry it took so long was having issues with emails from bartertown, just about finished now just need it to stop raining and being windy so I can prime the last 4 regiments then should be able to get them back to ya. Will try and get some pics for ya soon. If they arent finished before then.
Then we had some BT issues come up with notification PMs..
Sent: Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:35 pm
by Bobby1213
sorry for the delay, lost my PW and still not recieving any emails from this site for some reason. Should have everything shipped off before the end of next week at the latest. Took longer than I expected but work with the holidays, and finals were kinda killer but like I said should be shipped before the end of next week at the absolute latest.
He lost his password, but got it back to send this pm? Okies..
Sent: Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:36 pm
by porkuslime

If you are not getting PMs from the site, make sure that Plarz (our newest staffer) knows.. he can try to fix you up.
That message above is still in my Outbox as is this one..
Sent: Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:19 am
by porkuslime
Bobby1213 wrote:sorry for the delay, lost my PW and still not recieving any emails from this site for some reason. Should have everything shipped off before the end of next week at the latest. Took longer than I expected but work with the holidays, and finals were kinda killer but like I said should be shipped before the end of next week at the absolute latest.

Poke poke!!??!

Are you back to getting mail messages?
Around middle December I remembered that Bobby1213 had used 2 other BT Members as references.. so I shot “Concerned Friend” a PM at the end of the month.
Re: Bobby
Sent: Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:32 am
by porkuslime
”Concerned Friend” wrote:I don't have any pictures of his product but he just got finished with painting an absylonia legion list and it was really well done.

I can honestly say he won't do you wrong. He is a very good guy and does very good work, he will get the job done. If the deal does go through I have his number and will make sure he doesn't do you wrong, especially since I am backing him.
I am afraid that I now need to ask you for Bobby's phone number or email, as I have not seen him on the site, and he has not contacted me past the first week of December. I also have not gotten models in the mail.
Sent: Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:04 am
by “Concerned Friend”
209-(redacted phone number)

There is his phone number. Sorry to hear that. I will give him a text message saying that you will be trying to contact him, and that he needs to get this all taken care of.
Sent: Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:29 am
by porkuslime

thank you..

(dang early in the AM for you guys out there.. )

He can also call or text me at 614-(redacted) but not until after 3pm your time..
Sent: Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:38 am
by “Concerned Friend”
I gave him your number, you should receive a text or call today.

(I start work at 6am so I check all my stuff before work)
Sent: Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:28 am
by “Concerned Friend”
So, apparently he keeps trying to do the lost password thing on here and it doesn't send him an email to his address. He is having problems with his account.

BUT. He did send your stuff out yesterday and should be to you by Wednesday. PLEASE send me information on this transaction as I and a friend of mine, vouched for him in the process, we would like how this transaction has been.
Sent: Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:30 am
by porkuslime

Thanks.

Called him twice today, and got no answer or response to my messages..

Bartertown has his email as bigdaddy121389 at (redacted)

is that correct? If so, I can reset his password and send him a note to that email.
Sent: Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:33 am
by “Concerned Friend”
Yes it is correct and please do. I will send him a message about this.
Sent: Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:36 am
by “Concerned Friend”
he said his phone is on the fritz.

I personally talked to him yesterday at our LGS. You should be able to get in contact with him through email though. If not, PLEASE let me know.
Sent: Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:44 am
by porkuslime

Sent him 2 emails, AND reset his password here on BT, but he has not logged in as far as I can tell.

My messages are still in the outbox.

If he sent the zombies.. did he get tracking and would you be able to find that out? (although if he sent Thursday there is a chance that I might get a parcel before you get in touch with Bobby. )

-P
Sent: Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:56 am
by “Concerned Friend”
I will try to figure this out as fast as I can. Should be able to catch him on facebook tonight or tomorrow.
Sent: Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:20 pm
by porkuslime
well, I ID get the zombies in the mail today.. in the original case I mailed them out in, AND hardly touched painted wise.

Certainly not what the deal had been, but I appreciate him returning the GW case as well.

I AM bothered that the level of paint on the zombies is much less than he sent in email... I do feel let down a lot.
Sent: Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:31 pm
by “Concerned Friend”
Well I am very sorry for the unfortunately let down. This speaks very loudly to his ethic now compared to what he has shown to me before.

I am also sorry that my vouch for him turned into a major let down. I will definetly forwards this to the other person that vouched for him and we will try to get this settled, somehow.

Oh, I have seen his work. He did a great job on his Legion of Everblight and figured he would give the same kind of committment to this type of thing than what you have said. I will see what I can do.

Anyway i could get a photo of what he sent by chance? Just trying to get an idea of what happened.
Sent: Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:31 pm
by porkuslime

sure.. taken 10 minutes ago.. and not a single zombie finished.
P1030020.JPG
Sent: Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:44 pm
by “Concerned Friend”
Yeah, I don't know what to say. Never will I vouch for him again.. I would report this as a back-out or Bad trader. Definetly give Nutreul or bad feedback for his account.

You got the case back and models, seems like an <redacted rude word> way to back-out of a deal. I am very sorry for this mishappening.
Sent: Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:57 pm
by porkuslime

I did get a note inside the case.. it was between 2 layers of empty foam so I didn’t see it right off.

"Jim,

I regret to inform you that I could not finish the zombies. It seems as though I had all the time in the world until I got them. Due to family members being in and out of the hospital, and work and school being hectic, I just had not time remaining to paint these models for you. I apologize that it took this long to return them, but it was in hopes that at some point I would have enough time to finish them. I also apologize for not being able to stay in contact with you, as I said before, bartertown will not send me an email to reset my password and I not longer have that information saved in my browser, so therefore I could not connect to the website to message you after the last message I sent you. Again, I am really sorry that I could not finish these for you, but you should find everything returned so you can offer this to someone else hopefully before you need them.

Bobby"

I appreciate his note, but there are many ways for him to have tried to get in touch with me.. either thru you or my email, which is easily viewable on every post I make here.
There ya go. Frustrated indeed... and now I need to scramble to get these zombies painted in 2 months.

-Porkuslime
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2+2=5 for sufficiently large values of 2.

If you don't have your Location listed in your User Control Panel, why not take a second and update it? It will let your trading partners know where you are from the beginning.

I use the Unofficial Porkuslime Trading Guidelines - if you have way less refs.. you ship first.

Folks I am awaiting a ref from.. Zack

USPS Mail Fraud
FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center

http://www.40korigins.com - Bringing 40k events to the Origins Game Fair!
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Re: Backout - Bobby1213 (Painting commission)

Post by MagickalMemories »

Grr.
The back out is bad enough, but lying to you about how much is done? Geez.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.

Return to “Deadbeats & Backouts”