BACKOUT - Carl0702

They're not Bad Traders per se but they are REALLY annoying. Tell us about them here. READ THE RULES.

Moderator: Moderators

IdentifyZero ( -6 )
Apprentice Trader

BACKOUT - Carl0702

Post by IdentifyZero »

The following trader worked out a deal with me and said he was going to send me the money via PayPal. I waited several days and put off shipping out other items until today, so that I could ship his at the same time.

This afternoon, he informed me he would no longer be honoring our deal, as he 'found the models cheaper', this is a classic Case A on the Backout/Deadbeat guidelines posted.

I took the liberty of informing him of this to.

Below are the PMs copied and pasted. Oldest on the bottom.

Complete history of PMs to Carl0702:

Re: <H> SOB/GW Terrain <W> $$$ PayPal

Sent: Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:58 pm
by IdentifyZero

Just so you know, there is a backout and deadbeat forum:

porkuslime wrote:Backout Report Statute of Limitations:
All Backout Reports Must Be Filed In A Timely Manner.

You now have 30 calendar days after your trade partner's last contact (email, PM, etc) to file a Backout Report. Backout Reports filed after this time frame will be removed. A courtesy PM saying that you are filing a Backout Report should be sent prior to opening a Backout Report.

Examples.

A. Jim & Eric negotiate and agree upon a trade.
They exchange addresses and Eric agrees to ship first.
Two days later, Eric lets Jim know that he doesn't need the items, as he's found them cheaper somewhere else.
AT THIS POINT, Jim has 30 calendar days calendar days from Eric's last PM to file a B&D report.

B. Jim & Eric negotiate and agree upon a trade.
They exchange addresses and Eric agrees to ship first.
A week passes, but the items don't arrive.
Jim PMs Eric to find out what's causing the delay.
The PM is read, but Eric does not respond
AT THIS POINT, Jim has 30 calendar days calendar days from Eric's last PM to file a B&D report.

C. Jim PM's Eric with a trade offer.
Eric counter-offers.
Jim counters.
No further response from Eric.
Jim PMs Eric to find out what's causing the delay.
The PM is read, but Eric does not respond
Jim has no deal, Eric is not responding.. NO B&D can be filed.

Sent: Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:55 pm
by IdentifyZero

Hey,

Just to let you know, I will be posting in the bad trading report section for this.

You made an agreement with me several days ago and then backed out after.

This kind of behavior doesn't generally sit too well on bartertown.

Thanks..

Sent: Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:50 pm
by Carl0702

Sorry for the delay,

I just concluded a trade for the minis we were discussing at 50% retail, so I won't be needing yours.

I do appreciate your time and patience however, so please feel free to contact me if you are looking for anything in particular Sisters wise in the future.

thanks,

Carl

Sent: Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:05 pm
by IdentifyZero

Hey Mate, it's going to be about $15 to ship with tracking. I'll cover the $5, you cover the $10.

Both Death cults are different as well, as I only had the 2..

That will be $65 total to: Cort.will.ebay@gmail.com please send the cash the way that avoids it being a paypal fee to me, I will make sure to send your items as a gift to avoid any customs fee.

Sent: Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:39 am
by Carl0702

Hi Will,

Ok, I'll spring $55 for 10 Sister Repentia, 1 Mistress Repentia, and 2 deathcult assassins (2 different poses please).

My address is:

Carl Lubrano
705 Calvert Ave
Metairie, LA 70001

Let me know how much to add for shipping, and provide you Paypal info when you get a chance.

Carl

Sent: Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:26 am
by IdentifyZero

Hey Carl,

Sorry I do not have that specific superior, thought I messaged you but I've had a lot of confusing crap going on with btown! I have pretty much every other one though.

I do have the 10 repentia/mistress and 2 Death Cult Assassins though.

The Repentia/Mistress is $45 and we'll say $10 for the DCAs. Bringing the total to $55.

Just need shipping info and I can get you a cost on shipping.

Cheers

Sent: Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:16 am
by Carl0702

Hey Will,

Still waiting on those pics. I still need 10 repentia, 1 mistress, that specific Superior, and 2 deathcult assassin that you had from my wants list.

Looks like I'll be picking up the Penitent Engines on another trade.

Get back to me with a price for the lot.

thanks,

Carl

Sent: Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:05 pm
by IdentifyZero

Hey Carl,

My email is breakonthrough@gmail.com I'll get you a pic tomorrow. I just managed to get on btown, as you said, it's having issues again!

Will

Sent: Sun Oct 30, 2011 4:36 pm
by Carl0702

Hey Will,

You can contact me at carl.lubrano@gmail.com . Bartertown seems to be up and down a lot lately, so it will be good to have another way to contact each other.

Carl

Sent: Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:07 am
by IdentifyZero

Hey Carl,

Do you have an email I can send pics of my superiors to, so you cna see if it is the right one.

Thanks,

Will

Sent: Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:12 pm
by IdentifyZero

Hey,

Sorry Btown never let me know I had a message. I'll get back to you tomorrow when I am home!

Sent: Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:11 pm
by IdentifyZero

Hey Carl,

Sorry for the delay, Bartertown never told me I had a message. I'll get back to you tomorrow, just sending this from my phone!

Sent: Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:53 pm
by Carl0702

Thanks for the reply Will. Unfortunately, I do not have any of the items you listed for trade. I do however have Paypal. I've noticed that some Sisters stuff has been trading unusually high on Ebay as well, but I've obtained and traded away a lot of Sisters stuff here on Bartertown within the last 3 months for 50% retail (as is standard Bartertown practice). As you know, the Sisters were a hot item BEFORE the release of the codex, but that is not really the case any longer due to the codex being very lackluster. I do however appreciate that your minis are in excellent condition. Please check and see if you do have that Sister Superior I was looking for, and hit me with a price for the lot. As long as you are reasonable, I'm sure we can make a deal.

thanks again,

Carl

Sent: Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:43 am
by IdentifyZero

Hey Carl,

My prices are in fact a minimum of 10-20% cheaper on the cost of building most squads whether using GW Canada or GW USA. Heck, my prices are also far cheaper than Ebay (I've been watching stuff to sell for a month straight in regards to SoB, a 4 man heavy squad with superior can go for $60+!!!

A Battle Sisters squad with special, heavy and cannoness costs close to $100 to build. I believe I have mine listed for $60. Same with the other squads and the listed prices, it is worth noting, all of my items are brand new in blister, or brand new, never painted pewter; in other words, they are all brand new figures; no stripping or pieces of paint leftover.

Anyways, enough with that.

All I have from your list is the Repentia and mistress, 2 Death Cult Assassin and a single penitent engine; I may also have a copy of that sister superior handy. I can come down on prices a bit, yes, but I'll see if I can find that sister superior.

Do you have any forgeworld marine stuff to trade or any NiB or assembled marine tanks? or 2nd edition marine backpack cloaks?

Thanks,

Will

Sent: Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:06 am
by Carl0702

Hi there. I'm looking for the following:

1 Mistress Repentia
10 Sisters Repentia
4 Crusader Henchmen
4 Death Cult Assassin
1 Sister Superior with Bolter (outstretched in one hand, other hand holding icon to chest)
1 Female Inquisitor with Null Rod and Inferno Pistol
3 Penitent Engine

I know you did not have some of these models listed, but I thought you might have them judging on what you do have. I'm willing to pay cash, or I have a few things for trade as well ( 2 Forgeworld Repressors primed black, Canoness NIB etc ) If you only want cash, I expect you will come down on your prices a little...really, they are a bit steep (almost the same as buying straight from Games Workshop in some cases). Let me know, and if you are reasonable, I'm sure we can come to an arrangement.

thanks,

Carl

Subject: <H> SOB/GW Terrain <W> $$$ PayPal

IdentifyZero wrote:Hello everyone, I have the following items for sale, condition and prices are noted:

I will take PayPal, Cheque or Money Order for payment.

I will also take 10% off the posted prices for anyone who wants to buy anything before the end of the week.

Thanks

GW Monster figure Case (new): $75

Terrain:

Airbrushed 2 Story bastion: $90
Airbrushed Bunker: $40
Airbrushed Skyshield Landing Pad: $50
Built fortress of redemption: $100
Warhammer Castle: $75

Sisters of Battle:

Cannoness (Have $10
Special Black Library Model Epherael Stern: $90

Sisters squad of 10 with Superior/Special/Heavy: $60 (Have enough to make 20 squads at least)
Dominion Squad of 5 (2 Special/Superior): $35
Retributor Squad of 5 (4 heavy/Superior): $50
Seraphim Squad of 5: $40 (At least 6 squads available)
Repentia Unit of 9 + Mistress: $50 (At least 6 squads available)

Have arco-flagellants available @ $5 each.

Penitent Engine: $35
Forgeworld Immolator (Primed Black): $45
Exorcist (Primed Black): $50
Please email me at Breakonthrough@gmail.com to get a quicker trade going!
IdentifyZero ( -6 )
Apprentice Trader

Re: BACKOUT - Carl0702

Post by IdentifyZero »

Sad thing is to, he couldn't have even saved more then a few dollars after screwing me around as the prices I offered him were pretty much 50% of retail.
Please email me at Breakonthrough@gmail.com to get a quicker trade going!
HarlequinZero ( 218 )
Bartertown Plus Member

Post by HarlequinZero »

Just for anyone reading through this, giving 50% off retail is NOT standard Bartertown procedure. We have no 'standard procedures' here on Bartertown so if someone tries to impose one of these on you feel free to ask a staff member if there is any truth to what is being said. The only thing that has gotten anywhere near 'standard procedure' on Bartertown is lower rated traders shipping first, and even that is not a rule and is totally negotiable by the traders.

Other than that, this is, in actuality, not a backout. Technically. He never actually agreed to the final price with shipping. While this may seem like a bit of a technicality, it's still in the rules that for a trade to be considered 'on' both parties have to agree to all the terms. On the other hand, he did sort of say he would take them and just wanted you to supply a number. Let's see if any other staff members weigh in. I'm inclined to say not a backout.

-HZ
Brain wrote:The game does not conclude until the woman with the eating disorder ululates.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

The price was agreed on and he agreed to pay the price "plus shipping." If shipping came back at $30, he had already agreed to it, technically (though a backout would be understandable in that case, at least).

I think it definitely qualifies for a backout. this is supported by the fact that he canceled the deal because he got the models somewhere else and not due to the shipping costs.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.

Return to “Deadbeats & Backouts”