Backout: bigvalley77

They're not Bad Traders per se but they are REALLY annoying. Tell us about them here. READ THE RULES.

Moderator: Moderators

Nightsbane ( 34 )
Apprentice Trader

Backout: bigvalley77

Post by Nightsbane »

This new trade expressed interest in my total Cryx lot. After we had settled on a deal and an exact price (after a ton of haggling on his part) we agreed and set in motion completing the deal. bigvalley77 told me that he would be paying on a Saturday, and didn't message me until that evening to tell me that he had less money than he thought and would need to pay eighty dollars less. He actually expressed surprise when I told him that such a thing would require me to take items on the lot. He thought for some reason he could make a deal and lower the price and have me agree to it. Then he agreed and told me payment would be sent. At that point he ceased to reply to me, I know he was reading my messages as I attempted to still deal with him and he stayed online, but I did not hear back from him except for a short message asking me to sell to someone else. Not only was this a backout, but further attempts to communicate were ignored, and I passed up other online deals because of it.

Here is a full list of our correspondence:

Re: H:Massive Cryx Army + Warmachine Battlefoam Bag + More W
Sent: Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:36 pm
by Nightsbane

I am also fine with selling you half or something with whatever you can afford, if you want to pick up some of the models and not all of them so you will have some of the models and still afford your bills. If you want to do that though, I need to know what you would be buying and be paid right away.
Sent: Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:32 pm
by Nightsbane

Are you buying the stuff or not? If you are buying when is the exact time you can pay?
Sent: Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:29 pm
by bigvalley77

sorry that u getting frustrated but i work different shifts and this weekend i got into car troubles so having said that i taking care of that so having said that u can find someone else then to buy ur stuff i sorry for the frustration
Sent: Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:30 pm
by Nightsbane

Sorry to be a bother, but I am getting pretty frustrated. You told me you wold pay today and waited till 5 to change things, and now it's getting late. When are you going to pay? I have put many other trades and my own offers on hold for this waiting on you. I have already spent time getting things packed and finalizing this trade. Please let me know when the payment is coming so I can finalize other deals currently in limbo.
Sent: Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:30 pm
by Nightsbane

Hey man,

I am just getting ready to leave for dinner. What time will payment be sent, so I can log back in to verify it? I can log in on my phone to see it, I just wanted to know what time I need to do that. Please let me know, thank you.
Sent: Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:48 pm
by Nightsbane

Alright, that sounds good to me then. Let's just go with 500 dollars for all of the models, dice, cards, and stuff minus the bag. Please send me a message once you have sent the paypal money. I will stay logged in here and wait for this to be finished up that way I can get things rearranged and packed up.
Sent: Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:44 pm
by bigvalley77

Hey there

I could offer moddels in a trade or for other game systems. But if u don't then ok 500 for models
And the cards and stuff minus bag!
Sent: Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:42 pm
by Nightsbane

Do you have a google account for google talk or something so we could talk easier and sort this out? I would like to have this finalized some time soon and get things shipped out, I have trades and buys of my own on the line waiting for this to be finished.
Sent: Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:31 pm
by Nightsbane

I cannot give you the bag for 500.00. You will still get all of the models and items for 500.00, but I cannot give you that bag for that price. If you want the bag you need to pay the original agreed upon 580.00 At least this way, if you want to spend only 500 you still get all of the models and everything to pay, and you can just pick up whatever bag you want.
Sent: Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:28 pm
by bigvalley77

Hey there.

No way of getting bag ?
Sent: Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:16 pm
by Nightsbane

I can give you 500 and keep the Bag, all items will be carefully shipped and you would be free to get a bag of your own. That would be the easiest way to take off 80 bucks but still let you get everything.
Sent: Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:58 pm
by bigvalley77

Hey there

I can only offer 500 now something came up I sorry!
Sent: Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:16 am
by Nightsbane

Gotcha, no problem. Just send payment and the army will be on its way to the address provided. I will look for payment notification and send everything out. Just shoot me a message once you have sent payment tomorrow and we'll get things wrapped up, thanks!
Sent: Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:36 am
by bigvalley77

hey there

yo sorry about that i work afternoon shifts mon to fri but in regards to our deal yea that is good we have a deal at 580 for ur army

will send the money on sat if u can ship sat

my info is

richard valiquette
7 dawnridge trail
brampton, ontario, canada
L6Z 1Z7
Sent: Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:05 pm
by Nightsbane

Hey, not to be a bother. I know it's a Friday night and stuff but if you get the chance could you please confirm the deal and give me some details on finishing it up. I've got quite a few trades and deals Standing by for various games and I would like to know where things are headed, and maybe get it in the mail tomorrow. Just if you get the chance, let me know, thanks.
Sent: Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:00 pm
by Nightsbane

I've got everything pretty much packed up. What is the address you are going to want it shipped to?
Sent: Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:19 pm
by Nightsbane

Alright man, you drive a hard bargain, but you have yourself a deal 580.00 shipped for all of it.

My name is Robert Yates, my paypal address is vgn1@hotmail.com I can have it on the road possibly even today if you are able to get payment rolling. It will be coming from Hutchinson, Kansas USA
Sent: Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:50 pm
by Nightsbane

Let me check on a current sales offer of what I was going to buy with it, and I will get back to you shortly with a final answer. Shipping this package is 50 dollars to Canada which is the only downside Either way, we should have an agreement shortly.
Sent: Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:07 pm
by bigvalley77

hey there middle 580???
Sent: Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:44 am
by Nightsbane

Can we agree to meet in the middle at do 585 total?
Sent: Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:32 am
by bigvalley77

hey there

yea i am saying 570 total thats in cliding ship
Sent: Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:19 am
by Nightsbane

Got busy tonight at a league match, and was unable to reply because my phone was being stupid. To be clear, are you saying 570+30 for shipping total=600 as my offer said, or are you saying you are only willing to go 570 total?
Sent: Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:41 pm
by bigvalley77

Hey there. Yes I have and I think 570 grand total is fair!
Sent: Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:44 pm
by Nightsbane

Did you have a chance to review my offer?
Sent: Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:14 pm
by Nightsbane

The shipping is expensive, especially to Canada. I can do a grand total of 600 shipped, total. That is very cheap.
Sent: Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:58 am
by bigvalley77

hey there no worries

so how about 560 that including the extra 10 for shipping to canada?
Sent: Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:38 am
by Nightsbane

Sorry for the delayed reply, had to hit the sack. 575.00 is what I can do.
Sent: Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:04 am
by bigvalley77

hey there

550 all in?????
Sent: Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:19 am
by Nightsbane

The absolute lowest I can do, and this is for a quick deal is 575.00 I would also ask to tack on 10.00 for shipping to Canada, because it is going to be more expensive. 575.00 is really low already, and I shouldn't be lowering the amount at all.
Sent: Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:49 am
by bigvalley77

hey there can u do 500 ???
Sent: Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:03 am
by Nightsbane

I cannot let it go for 400, that's like 25% of retail. I already have it all priced together really cheap. I will ship to Canada, but I already decided to list it 50 dollars cheaper than I intended. I don't have much wiggle room.
Sent: Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:01 am
by bigvalley77

hey there

would u let it go for 400???? and will u ship to canada???
mckeon13 ( 30 )
Trade Novice

Re: Backout: bigvalley77

Post by mckeon13 »

Yeah, he asked about some pieces from an trade/auction I have and I have been holding the stuff pending waiting to hear back. I has been over 3 days now, and I like to be fair but after reading this post I might was well put the items back up for trade.
Rules of practice:
1. If I take the time to write you please be kind enough to at least tell me no or not interested.
2. I only deal with the lower 48 states, sorry just easier that way.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Re: Backout: bigvalley77

Post by MagickalMemories »

mckeon13 wrote:Yeah, he asked about some pieces from an trade/auction I have and I have been holding the stuff pending waiting to hear back. I has been over 3 days now, and I like to be fair but after reading this post I might was well put the items back up for trade.
This post is off topic.
If you made an agreement with him for a trade, please post your own BO.
Otherwise, the fact that you spoke with him and are now holding those items is not something reportable in this thread.

Thanks.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.

Return to “Deadbeats & Backouts”