BACKOUT: Extramarine

They're not Bad Traders per se but they are REALLY annoying. Tell us about them here. READ THE RULES.

Moderator: Moderators

spiralingcadaver ( 456 )
Millenium Trader

BACKOUT: Extramarine

Post by spiralingcadaver »

My first backout report. Do I also put up a negative reference? Should I be more thorough with presenting info?

Thanks,
~Nick

Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:11 pm
spiralingcadaver wrote:Hi, […] but if you're interested in trading, I have

[minis]

and would be interested first in your malifaux rulebooks, then in your other gangs, depending on which.

i realize this isn't enough for a complete trade, but it's also enough that there will be a saleable chunk remaining (rather than just some scraps)

thanks,
~Nick
Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:13 pm
Extramarine wrote:[…] Would you do both rulebooks for those skorne figs? I'll include a mini rb as well.
spiralingcadaver wrote:Okay, sounds good. I'll plan to send either the end of this week or the beginning of next.

[address]

Thanks,
~Nick
Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:28 pm
Extramarine wrote:Great!

[address]
A couple PMs back and forth double checking, followed by a week of silence. Then,
Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:01 pm
Extramarine wrote:Im sorry to have to tell you like this but I am leaving bartertown for a couple months. We have been forced to move to a new house as part of a career issue and I just cant deal with the additional mail issues. Good luck to you in future trades.
Polite in tone, but rude to wait a week. I've moved before, and it's not the sort of thing that you can do instantly, so there was plenty of time to react without being rude.
True, we love life, not because we are used to living but because we are used to loving. There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness.
-Nietzsche

I expect honesty about models' conditions, thank you.

If I don't respond in a day or two, please check back, I've forgotten-sorry.
jrokowski ( 446 )
Resident Trader

Re: BACKOUT: Extramarine

Post by jrokowski »

Hey Nick,

I hope I can help you out.

I think your BTR is a little incomplete.

I think it is important to have a complete message header and message i.e..

################

Re: Filling a Backout Trade Report
Sent: Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:05 pm
To: Trader 2

Hey want to trade

-Trader 1

################

Quotes are good and separators are good.

Another thing is to have all messages from the trade.

What’s does this mean? I get the silence part, but the rest is missing messages.
A couple PMs back and forth double checking, followed by a week of silence. Then,
Did you send your have of the trade?

The negative question I don’t know. I probable would not leave a negative unless I was a fraud, dishonest or compete off trade without resolve. I believe this is one of the purposes of this forum. I may be wrong I am not perfect you know. You may still get a resolution after posting this. Did you PM him telling him you were post a BTR?.

James
My References:
eBay
Heatware
Bartertown
porkuslime ( 3094 )
Gentleman Sadist

Post by porkuslime »

Since you asked questions, I will leave this open for now.

You DO need to post the COMPLETE string of PMs, as well as the time/date headers. Leaving it as "some back and forth PM's" is not OK.

You ARE allowed to leave a negative reference since it seemed like you had a locked deal.. but the PM string would tell us for sure. If you DON"T have a commitment, then probably a Neg is not best.

-P
2+2=5 for sufficiently large values of 2.

If you don't have your Location listed in your User Control Panel, why not take a second and update it? It will let your trading partners know where you are from the beginning.

I use the Unofficial Porkuslime Trading Guidelines - if you have way less refs.. you ship first.

Folks I am awaiting a ref from.. Zack

USPS Mail Fraud
FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center

http://www.40korigins.com - Bringing 40k events to the Origins Game Fair!
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

[edit] ninja'd by Jim... but posting anyway. lol [/edit]

jrok's got it right.
You need complete headers and the complete message history for it to be valid (this is spelled out in the rules).

Good job on the separation of messages to make it readable, though.

Neg ref or not is up to you. Personally, *I* would not do it, but it is your choice.

Moving in a big hurry like that CAN be a sudden thing, if done for unfortunate reasons.

You've got 48 hours to update this correctly, or we'll have to remove it.

Thanks.
Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
spiralingcadaver ( 456 )
Millenium Trader

Since I couldn't edit the original post, here are the missing ones from my side. Extramarine deleted the other half, it seems?

Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:30 pm
spiralingcadaver wrote:Cool, that was fast.

Just checking, that's the core book, the new updated mini rulebook, and the rising powers book?

Thanks,
~Nick
(response was along the lines of "yes")
Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:08 pm
spiralingcadaver wrote:Hi, just noticed you're pretty new, so do you mind if I wait to ship 'til I've received your end?
~Nick
(again, response was basically "yes")
spiralingcadaver wrote:Thanks for understanding,
~Nick
Then, this was after the backout
Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:59 pm
spiralingcadaver wrote:Really, I'm not so annoyed by you backing out, because that's reasonable given circumstances, but that you waited two weeks to do so. I needed to back out of another trade, because I expected that you'd follow through, when you didn't.
With no subsequent response.

Thanks for the information. Re: it being clear, it was sort of difficult to figure out what that was referencing (specifically "bad traders", or everything)
True, we love life, not because we are used to living but because we are used to loving. There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness.
-Nietzsche

spiralingcadaver ( 456 )
Millenium Trader

Okay, so, for some reason, the other posts weren't appearing before. I don't think I'll give a negative ref (because the problem was negligence rather than deceit), but here's the full chain.

Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:11 pm
spiralingcadaver wrote:Hi, […] but if you're interested in trading, I have

[minis]

and would be interested first in your malifaux rulebooks, then in your other gangs, depending on which.

i realize this isn't enough for a complete trade, but it's also enough that there will be a saleable chunk remaining (rather than just some scraps)

thanks,
~Nick
Extramarine wrote:[…] Would you do both rulebooks for those skorne figs? I'll include a mini rb as well.
spiralingcadaver wrote:Okay, sounds good. I'll plan to send either the end of this week or the beginning of next.

[address]

Thanks,
~Nick
Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:28 pm
Extramarine wrote:Great!

[address]
Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:30 pm
spiralingcadaver wrote:Cool, that was fast.

Just checking, that's the core book, the new updated mini rulebook, and the rising powers book?

Thanks,
~Nick
Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:31 pm
Extramarine wrote:Yup!
Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:08 pm
spiralingcadaver wrote:Hi, just noticed you're pretty new, so do you mind if I wait to ship 'til I've received your end?
~Nick
Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:13 pm
spiralingcadaver wrote:Thanks for understanding,
~Nick
Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:02 pm
Extramarine wrote:No problem at all!
Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:01 pm
Extramarine wrote:Im sorry to have to tell you like this but I am leaving bartertown for a couple months. We have been forced to move to a new house as part of a career issue and I just cant deal with the additional mail issues. Good luck to you in future trades.
Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:59 pm
spiralingcadaver wrote:Really, I'm not so annoyed by you backing out, because that's reasonable given circumstances, but that you waited two weeks to do so. I needed to back out of another trade, because I expected that you'd follow through, when you didn't.
With no subsequent response.
-Nietzsche

MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Is there a reason you left off your headers (the to, from, subject, etc. information)?

Eric

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
spiralingcadaver ( 456 )
Millenium Trader

Sorry, it was all part of the same PM chain, and there were only two people in the conversation, so I thought it was clearer/more succinct without that info.
-Nietzsche

MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

It's easier to have "cookie cutter" guidelines than a bunch of circumstance-specific ones. For example, someone who's ticked about their partner backing out of a trade (that was negotiated relatively swiftly) is filing the BO for the actual back out. If, on the other hand, you arranged a trade and he went silent for a month... you're reporting him as backing out based on that month's silence. While it's more important to show the time-stamp on the second one, it's better for all involved if the rules are standardized for everyone.

I hope that clarifies it.

Eric

Return to “Deadbeats & Backouts”