DEADBEAT- Brother Ranz again!!!

They're not Bad Traders per se but they are REALLY annoying. Tell us about them here. READ THE RULES.

Moderator: Moderators

atavist ( 32 )
BTown Regular

DEADBEAT- Brother Ranz again!!!

Post by atavist »

Looks like Brother Ranz continues to be a deadbeat who can't be bothered to mail out his trades. I figured I would give him the benefit of the doubt but 10 days after we complete the trade agreement and says that he's mailing the items.
He's used the same delaying tactics in the past making up excuses and this time is no exception. First he "lost" the package and now he's off "vacationing". Luckily I made him ship first because of his reputation.
I wasted a ton of time and passed up numerous trades to make this deal go through and now I feel like I've been crapped on by this repeat deadbeat.

Sent: Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:27 pm
To: Brother Ranz

Seriously? I've been wasting time waiting on these things and have passed up other trades and opportunities to buy. I've been checking my mail every day to make sure that I didn't miss it and you tell me that you haven't even bothered to mail a completed trade 10 days after you said you were going to?
This is some serious BS and I'll be reporting it to the deadbeat and backout forum.

Re: Khador Trade For GW
Sent: Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:55 pm
by Brother Ranz
I am away vacationing and never did get these mailed. Will do so when I get back, if it's not too late.

Khador Trade For GW
Sent: Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:21 pm
by atavist
Hey there,
I know b-town has been down for a few days and that may have thrown things off schedule, but I was wondering if you have a tracking number for the Khador trade we had set up. I've got your stuff boxed up and ready to go.

Thanks
Joel
Sent: Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:18 pm
To: atavist
Got 'em! Going out tomorrow AM.

Sent: Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:35 pm
To: atavist
Potentially great news! The LGS manager got back to me and said that he has two priority mail packages behind the counter with my name in the return address. I will pick them up, examine and let you know tonight.
Re: H: Necrons, Blood Angels 40k, DW W: Menoth/Khador/Ret
Sent: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:40 pm
by atavist
Fantastic. I'll ship as soon as it gets here.

Sent: Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:18 pm
by Brother Ranz
Got 'em! Going out tomorrow AM.

Sent: Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:14 pm
by atavist
I won't get too excited till I know for sure but that is really good news. At least you found two of your packages.
Joel

Sent: Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:35 pm
by Brother Ranz
Potentially great news! The LGS manager got back to me and said that he has two priority mail packages behind the counter with my name in the return address. I will pick them up, examine and let you know tonight.

Sent: Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:04 am
by Brother Ranz
I am hoping that I brought it in with me, as I carried in a bit of stuff. I brought in my army and a bunch of terrain in several boxes. My old Honda does not have power locks so it could be that I failed to lock it. It could also be that they were lost while I was golfing yesterday morning. I did not notice until last night when I went to move the stuff to my Saturn as my wife an I are switching cars today. Hopefully the boxes are at the lgs. They open lat today, about 4.

Sent: Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:18 pm
by atavist
TBH this kinda sounds like a backout, considering you have another backout report filed against you in the last 6 months.
I really hope that you either find it or can provide some proof that it was stolen.

Sent: Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:54 pm
by atavist
Did your car get broken into? Hopefully you find it cause that would suck for both of us.

Sent: Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:38 pm
by Brother Ranz
I have really bad news for me and disappointing news for you. I had the box in my car and it looks like it may have been taken Saturday night while I was playing 40K. I need to get into the store tomorrow to make sure, but your box and another are not here. Hold the shipment until I verify tomorrow afternoon.

Sent: Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:17 pm
by Brother Ranz
Silly me.

Scott Barber
7583 Route 66
Averill Park NY 12018
[Phone # edited by Admin] (text and whatnot)

Sent: Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:14 pm
by atavist
I've got it packed up and ready to go but I don't have your shipping information.

Sent: Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:00 pm
by Brother Ranz
I got it all beautifully packed, packaged and labeled, but missed the PO. It should go out Tuesday. You?

Happy Independence Day!

Scott

Sent: Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:17 pm
by atavist
Haven't heard from you. Did you ship yet?

Sent: Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:12 pm
by atavist
Ah, groovy. Sorry sometimes I need things spelled out for me.

Sent: Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:04 pm
by Brother Ranz
I thought you pm was the closing one. I pan to respond w confirmation # tomorrow or sat.

Sent: Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:50 pm
by atavist
No response today?

Sent: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:59 pm
by atavist
Groovy,
I think that it looks like a pretty fair swap all in all. 2 decently sized 40k armies and some bonus goodies for 1 good sized WM one. If your son wants to keep some of it that's fine, just let me know what.

Yeah I'm in the US. in Conroe, Texas actually. I'm lower ranked so I have no problem shipping first. I'll ship USPS parcel to keep shipping from killing me, registered mail with signature confirm and as much insurance as they'll sell me.
My shipping info:
Joel Morris
107 Arbor Ridge Ct
Conroe Texas

Sent: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:13 pm
by Brother Ranz
We are on board if you are. If so, I am going to bed and would LOVE it if you could send me a PM wherein you detail the particulars as my head is swimming from softball and beer. I will check tomorrow and we'll get it all official like.

Ciao!

Scott

You ARE in the US, right?

Sent: Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:23 pm
by atavist
Very cool. Keep me posted.

Sent: Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:27 pm
by Brother Ranz
I think we are on sir. Will give yea or nay after I talk to kids after softball game tonight.

Sent: Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:44 am
by Brother Ranz
I will show him this later and after he looks up "Mercurial", we'll see what he wants to do.

Sent: Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:51 am
by atavist
In the interest of getting rid of all this stuff in a big lot I'd be willing to offer you all of it in a 30% trade in your favor. That comes to $656 total. Think you might be able to persuade your teen to be less mercurial?

Sent: Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:34 am
by Brother Ranz
That is perfectly understandable sir and I would not expect you to wait even that long. Teenagers can be very mercurial!

Sent: Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:18 am
by atavist
That's too bad. I really don't like complicated trades.
If I don't have a definite list from you by tomorrow evening I'll have to make it available to the other potential traders.

Sent: Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:00 am
by Brother Ranz
I meant mine, but I was held up. My second oldest is making noises about playing Khador. This could complicate my trading. He is off from School now and I told him to pick out what he wants for an army. I will advise as soon as he lets me know. I do not want to discourage him from WM. He's been a 40K freak up until I tried to trade away our khador lol!

Sent: Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:56 pm
by atavist
When you said around midnight did you mean midnight your time or mine? I'll probably be going to bed soon. Hopefully I hear from you tomorrow.

Sent: Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:46 pm
by atavist
Ok please get back to ke asap. I have other inquiries but I will hold them until we negotiate.

Sent: Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:37 pm
by atavist
I currently own no khador stuff so i'm interested in everything you listed because im a collector, though my fist list is very much higher priority. I'm willing to trade everything so make me an offer and we can go from there.

Sent: Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:12 am
by atavist
Necrons
Retail $448
25% in your favor for listed wants
$336

Blood Angels
Aprox Retail $308
25% in your favor for listed wants
$230

IG
Valk $66 - paint it too nice to let it go for less than retail.
Krasirkin $30

Ork
Snikrot $10
Ammo Grots $15
Goff Rokkers $40

Grey Knights
$20

Total
$747

I'm mainly looking for
Khador Book and Cards.
New Model E/P Buther, Irusk, Sorcha, e/p Vlad, and Karchev
Anything Iron Fang, anything Winterguard, Great Bears
Kovnik Joe
New Heavy Kits
Kodiac, Devestator, Behemoth

I'll trade at the 25% in your favor for the above. Anything else I would still be willing to trade but it would be retail for retail.
atavist ( 32 )
BTown Regular

Re: DEADBEAT- Brother Ranz again!!!

Post by atavist »

I need to add that I had everything ready to ship out when I got the fishy excuse message saying that he had "lost" my package and so decided (prudently it seems) to wait to ship until I received the parcel which it seemed that he agreed to when he told me that he'd ship out the next morning. I still want the models and if Ranz want's to not be a deadbeat and send the darn package already I would be willing to complete the trade.
atavist ( 32 )
BTown Regular

Post by atavist »

UPDATE: Brother Ranz stopped responding to me and this trade was never completed.
Trade with him cautiously, I have a box full of packed up models and a wasted month to show for my interaction.
69oddbitz ( 130 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by 69oddbitz »

I'd like to add to this if I may - I didn't fill out a DB post because we "technically" didn't get complete with our proposed trade.
[Admin edit]
As this was not an actual backout you're referring to, it doesn't belong.
[/Admin edit]
-------------------
KOL: Magic Delicious McNasty

Per BT's Unofficial Rules - Lower Rating Ships First (except!)
Bad or Neutral References - Sorry, but you ship first REGARDLESS of your Rating.

Usually, if you're buying from me, You Pay first, I ship. BUT (!) I am definately open to discuss it.

Apparently I'm having BT connection issues. If you haven't heard from me in a 48 hour period of time and I don't answer a PM here, please email me at scribe.hereticus@gmail.com.
HarveyDent ( 3250 )
Bartertown Advertiser

Post by HarveyDent »

in my experience with Brother Ranz, he basically did the same thing.

it started with taking about a week to make a deal, then another week of waiting to hear back from him, then another week while we re-negotiated because he had more stuff that i wanted. finally he said that he would ship... which he never did. he contacted me a lot later and gave some excuse. i said 'ok' because i'm an understanding guy, after which he told me he would try again to ship. the difference with my dealings with him was that i was a buyer. thank goodness for me not paying, otherwise i would have had $200 locked up in paypal purgatory.

i find that it's a lot easier to not to deal with this character because, while he may not be a thief, he definitely is shady.
When The Pawn Hits The Conflicts He Thinks Like A King
What He Knows Throws The Blows When He Goes To The Fight
And He’ll Win The Whole Thing ‘Fore He Enters The Ring
There’s No Body To Batter When Your Mind Is Your Might
So When You Go Solo, You Hold Your Own Hand
And Remember That Depth Is The Greatest Of Heights
And If You Know Where You Stand, Then You Know Where To Land
And If You Fall It Won’t Matter, Cuz You’ll Know That You’re Right
Brother Ranz ( 220 )
Resident Trader

Post by Brother Ranz »

@ Two-Face:

Sell or trade more illegally downloaded books and then call my non-criminal activity "shady" you paragon of self-righteous, selective moral outrage. :mrgreen:
Brother Ranz ( 220 )
Resident Trader

Post by Brother Ranz »

Two-Face:
well, what's it worth to you to have a lot of the dark heresy books on a memory stick?

i believe i have the following:

creatures anathema
ascension
character folio
dark heresy RPG
inquisitor's handbook
radical's handbook
disciples of the dark gods
purge the unclean
deathwatch RPG
=Violation of Bartertown rules, tortious and criminal activity. I "backed out" you broke the law .
s_o_r_r_o_w ( 312 )
Moderator Without Title

Post by s_o_r_r_o_w »

Brother Ranz--what is the relevance of those posts to this thread?
I am always in the market for weird and wonderful GW oddbitz and ephemera. PM me if you have something old/weird/rare.

-----
No Finecast, please.
-----
READ THE RULES!
-----
Tips on shipping to Canada
-----
Bartertown Trade Vocabulary
HarveyDent ( 3250 )
Bartertown Advertiser

Post by HarveyDent »

see - he responds when he wants to... just not when he should.
When The Pawn Hits The Conflicts He Thinks Like A King
What He Knows Throws The Blows When He Goes To The Fight
And He’ll Win The Whole Thing ‘Fore He Enters The Ring
There’s No Body To Batter When Your Mind Is Your Might
So When You Go Solo, You Hold Your Own Hand
And Remember That Depth Is The Greatest Of Heights
And If You Know Where You Stand, Then You Know Where To Land
And If You Fall It Won’t Matter, Cuz You’ll Know That You’re Right
s_o_r_r_o_w ( 312 )
Moderator Without Title

Post by s_o_r_r_o_w »

HarveyDent wrote:see - he responds when he wants to... just not when he should.
HarveyDent--you have made your contribution. Please do not reply further.
I am always in the market for weird and wonderful GW oddbitz and ephemera. PM me if you have something old/weird/rare.

-----
No Finecast, please.
-----
READ THE RULES!
-----
-----
Brother Ranz ( 220 )
Resident Trader

Post by Brother Ranz »

@Sorrow,

Two-Face made his complaint in another thread and Magical Memories locked it, stating that it had run its course and all that needed saying had been said. Harvy Dent saw this thread and decided to take his holier than thou attitude and jump in, bringing up our trade which I canceled because he offered me illegal product, just to be a dick. So I reminded him why our deal "fell through" and had GW's legal department gotten back to me sooner, I would have completed the deal and we would have had a prosecution of the epitome of trading virtue, Harvey Dent. Since the deal was not completed, prosecution was rendered too much work for uncertain result. All links, contact info, pms and whatnot were forwarded, but without the actual "memory stick", GW's IP Legal department decided not to go forward.
s_o_r_r_o_w ( 312 )
Moderator Without Title

Post by s_o_r_r_o_w »

Brother Ranz,

You are grossly misrepresenting MagickalMemories' statements in that thread--something of which I am sure he will take a dim view.

I suggest you re-read the thread:

viewtopic.php?f=45&t=133940

Furthermore, your [EDITED TO REMOVE IRONY: not-particularly-]clever mis-use of a user's handle in order to insult him has not gone unnoticed.

If you feel that being called "shady" is unfair, I suggest you review these threads:

viewtopic.php?f=103&t=59257

viewtopic.php?f=104&t=29121

viewtopic.php?f=104&t=4876

viewtopic.php?f=45&t=101901

and the two negrefs you have earned from issues not covered by the above threads:

ref_view.php?user_id=3143

Brother Ranz, I trust that your next post in this thread will be to advise atavist that his package is in the mail, that you will include the tracking number, and that you will apologize for all the wasted time and stress you have caused by not living up to your word.

-----
No Finecast, please.
-----
READ THE RULES!
-----
-----
Brother Ranz ( 220 )
Resident Trader

Post by Brother Ranz »

I don't know that my twisting his pseudonym was all that clever. It was pretty obvious really. If your buddy Harvey Dent wants to call me a "shady Character" I really don't see how my pointing out that he attempted to commit a felony is a bad thing. "Shady character" is subjective. He admitted to being an attempted criminal and willful violation of the rules here as well which makes my characterization of him accurate by any standard. :mrgreen:

As for Atavist, once the deadbeat thread was posted, I informed him that I would look elsewhere and I sold the lot about a week ago. So "trust" whatever you want, but he is not getting the lot and has already been so informed.
s_o_r_r_o_w ( 312 )
Moderator Without Title

Post by s_o_r_r_o_w »

Since Brother Ranz has indicated that he has not intention of following through on this deal, I am locking the thread.

-----
No Finecast, please.
-----
READ THE RULES!
-----
-----

Return to “Deadbeats & Backouts”