Backout - hisshers

They're not Bad Traders per se but they are REALLY annoying. Tell us about them here. READ THE RULES.

Moderator: Moderators

TalonZahn ( 218 )
Resident Trader

Backout - hisshers

Post by TalonZahn »

In 15 years on these boards I've never had anything that has so fully pissed me off. The deal was said and done and took awhile to shake out. He told me it had shipped already, last week (3/2). If that wasn't bad enough he put MY Skaven list up to trade off and was offering MY photos to would be traders.

He should be banned for that alone! Trying to trade people stuff he doesn't even have, wow... Here's the link to the Ad, but of course it listed as Gone - viewtopic.php?f=12&t=132349&p=264061#p264061

I hope leviathan didn't trade with him. If he did, well leviathan has nothing coming to him, because it's all still at my house.

That calmed me a lot however. I mean, why try to trade stuff you don't have in hand. Surely that means he sent me the stuff right?

WRONG!

Re: H:huge sm force W:any when force
Sent: Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:31 pm
To: hisshers

Hey,

I have a huge Skaven army I'm looking to move. It's all bare plastic/metal or primed plastic/metal. Here's the list.

Skaven Armybook
4 assassins - 3 painted, 1 Bare Metal
1 Qweek - primed black
1 Grey Seer - painted
4 Plague Priest - 2 current plastic / 2 Metal, all primed black
1 Plague Furnace - primed black
1 Deathmaster - primed black
2 Engineers - part assembled, primed borwn
1 Warlord on Bonebreaker - primed black
1 Packmaster - plastic, primed black
2 IOB sets. only the skaven side. so 2 warlords (1 warlord on Warlitter), 2 eng, 80 clanrats/slaves, 2 mastermoulders, 4 rat ogres, 2 warpfire throwers, 2 plague mortars - Most primed black, some bare plastic
80 Clanrats - most primed black, some bare plastic
40 Plague Monks - primed black
40 Old style Clanrats along with enough bits to make 20-30 more - most bare plastic
1 Warpfire Thrower - metal, primed brown
6 Skaven Slaves - Bare Metal
2 Rat Ogres
1 Hellpit Abom - made from 2 rat ogres
1 Warpfire Cannon - previous edition, not assembled and missing a couple carriage pieces, gun is all there
1 Doomwheel
20 Stormvermin
4 Rat Swarms - painted and based
20 Giant Rats - primed black

Huge piles of sprues and a sack of bits/bodies as well.

Let me know what you think. Thanks!
TalonZahn Re: H:huge sm force W:any when force
Sent: Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:37 pm
by TalonZahn

Hey,

I also forgot to ask a couple things.

Are they painted?

If yes, what Chapter/Army?

How much of it is Assault on Black Reach stuff?

May I have the pics, or links to the pics?

hisshers Re: H:huge sm force W:any when force
Sent: Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:54 am
by hisshers

Hi! Most of the army is just primered but the rest is painted in Imperial First and Blood Angel colors. I am at work presently but when I get home, I can email you some pics if you give me your address. I cannot seem to get them sized right to attach here.
Sent: Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:56 am
by TalonZahn

Awesome.

Here's my EMail - ******************

Thanks a ton!
Sent: Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:30 pm
by TalonZahn

Hey,

Got the pics. Everything looks to be in good shape. I noticed some AoBR stuff in there, can you let me know how much of it is AoBR? I'm not too concerned about it, but would just like to know some rough numbers/percentages.

Other than that, I really like the lot. If you are wanting to do a lot for lot trade, I'm glad to do that. I noticed you had some foam inserts for them. If you wanted to toss those in also, I have foam inserts for some of the Skaven. I can toss those in on my side.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks!
Sent: Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:56 pm
by hisshers

I wouldn't know aobr from anything else! Sorry! I can take more pics if u need though. Do u have pics of your rats perchance?
Sent: Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:14 pm
by TalonZahn

Hey,

I can take some pictures for you here in a little bit. I don't have any on hand. Shoot me an Email I can send them too. I will also post them up on Photobucket and get you a link.

Not a problem on being able to tell. It looks like you picked up or inherited a lot/mish mash. Seems to be a little of several Chapters. I can see some Space Wolves and Dark Angels in there too, just not painted as such. I like the bits piles too, always good to have those.

Some of the pics were blurry, but if it isn't too much of a hassle I could always use some more. You don't have to worry about setting them up or spreading them out. I'm good at picking out things.

Again, I really like what I see and I'm pretty much ready to go for a trade.

I'll get some pics of rats to you a.s.a.p. Probably in about an hour or so.

Thanks again!
Sent: Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:04 pm
by hisshers

His EMail ***********
Sent: Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:34 pm
by TalonZahn

Hey,

Email sent with pics!
Sent: Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:13 pm
by TalonZahn

Hey,

Just wanted to touch base and see how we are looking.
Sent: Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:11 pm
by TalonZahn

Hey,

Did I lose you or are you still interested in a trade? I'd like to do a full swap if you're still wanting too. I see you on all the time so I thought I would ask.
Sent: Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:14 pm
by hisshers

Hey! Sorry I haven't gotten back with you, I have been bombarded by the flu and messages on here. Didn't know I would get so many offers! I am trying to get through everything before I make any decisions! You haven't lost me yet.
Sent: Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:33 pm
by TalonZahn

Hey,

That's cool. My stuff is right at $950 retail if that helps any. Depending on what my competition throws at you, I can work other stuff and possibly increase my side.

Or if you wanted to maximize a couple trades, I can tell you things I'm after the most, and we can go from there.
Sent: Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:22 pm
by hisshers

Ok I am getting offers that are fairly sizeable but I really want rats!! What else do you think we could work out to maintain balance...?
Sent: Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:34 pm
by TalonZahn

Hey,

Tell me what you are thinking dollarwise on the value of yours and I can start telling you what I can toss in. Off the top of my head I can do things like, the foam they are in, some movement trays, the set of Battle Magic cards, maybe the main rulebook (hardback bigboy), money, etc..

I'm actually trying to get another set of IOB Skaven at the moment also, lol. For my Ogre Kingdoms Armybook. So that might go through and would get tossed in.

Also, keep in mind that I don't mind trading for a portion of yours as long as our values are close. Which could actually net you two armies. Which, I also have other armies.
Sent: Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:38 pm
by hisshers

Oh the plot thickens! What other armies!?
Sent: Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:56 pm
by TalonZahn

Well...

I have a massive Lizardmen army and a good sized Ogre Kingdoms army. I'll be pretty hard pressed to let them go, plus they are boxed up at the moment. The Ogres are mostly bare, but the Lizards are in various stages.

The reason I asked what you value yours at is, and for more pictures, there looks like a fair amount of Assault on Black Reach or starter set marines in the back. Those are kind of like the IOB things I have. Worth something, but not as much as regular marines.

Here's a ballpark I did the other day before getting pictures:

100+marines - 372.50
53 terminators - 530
25+jump packs - 148.75
2 LRC - 124
2 Predators - 89
2 Dreads - 89
2 Landspeeders - 60
4 Rhinos - 120
Vindicator - 44.50

Total = 1577.75

Depending on how much Assualt on Black Reach or starter marines/terminators there are, the numbers could drop quite a bit. For instance it looks like about 40 of the marines in the back left are AoBR marines. Also things like Scouts are less, but Characters are more, etc...

I'm a very square trader and definately don't want either party to feel uneasy about a trade. Ecspecially when working very large trades.

I'm sure we can work someting out!
Sent: Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:02 pm
by hisshers

Well i would be interested in either the OK or LM but less so than rats. I will get more pics for you
Sent: Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:13 pm
by TalonZahn

Hey,

Good deal. Like I said, I know we can hammer something out. If it comes down to it, I can maybe throw in some cash. Like I said, it's all in the head count really.

For instance:

10 Tactical Marines = 37.50 so 37.50 / 10 = 3.75 per marine

AoBR is $90 and usally cut into thirds (SM's, Orks, the rest of the box) so $30 for the SM's, which includes the Captain, 10 Tacs, 5 Terms, and a Dread. Of course these will fetch slightly more if unpainted/on sprue off of Ebay, but not much more.

So they would be worth alot less.

However, I know for a fact I see Sternguard in there. Not sure how many, but those guys are $7.00 each. Most Characters are $15 and I know there's a Terminator Chaplain there, another $15, and what looks like Lysander who is $20. I think you'd rather get $15 or $20 instead of $10.

So in the interest of both of us not getting wanked, I would love to look closer and get hard counts.
Sent: Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:17 pm
by hisshers

Well somehow i have lost your emails. Anyway u can shoot me that addy again?
Sent: Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:19 pm
by TalonZahn

My Email *********
Please take as many as you can. You don't have to set them up or spread them out. A few clear pictures I can zoom in on would be awesome.

Thanks a ton!
Sent: Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:32 pm
by hisshers

And sorry to be a putz but can u resend the rat pics?
Sent: Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:37 pm
by TalonZahn

Sure!

Just resent them.
Sent: Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:40 pm
by TalonZahn

Hey,

Any luck with more pictures?
Sent: Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:42 pm
by hisshers

Shot you an email a few minutes ago
Sent: Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:43 pm
by TalonZahn

Hey,

Yea, I literally *just* got it after I PM'ed you.

Nothing came through, just a blank EMail.

Might have to break up the attachment.

I have to bug out for a bit, I'll check a.s.a.p. for more Emails.
Sent: Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:50 pm
by hisshers

Hey if you get a chance, could you send me a list of the rats too? I have the pics but a list would help as well! I have another guy who is offering up WoC so at least I have it narrowed down!
Sent: Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:03 pm
by TalonZahn

Here's the list:

Skaven Armybook
4 assassins - 3 painted, 1 Bare Metal
1 Qweek - primed black
1 Grey Seer - painted
4 Plague Priest - 2 current plastic / 2 Metal, all primed black
1 Plague Furnace - primed black
1 Deathmaster - primed black
2 Engineers - part assembled, primed borwn
1 Warlord on Bonebreaker - primed black
1 Packmaster - plastic, primed black
2 IOB sets. only the skaven side. so 2 warlords (1 warlord on Warlitter), 2 eng, 80 clanrats/slaves, 2 mastermoulders, 4 rat ogres, 2 warpfire throwers, 2 plague mortars - Most primed black, some bare plastic
80 Clanrats - most primed black, some bare plastic
40 Plague Monks - primed black
40 Old style Clanrats along with enough bits to make 20-30 more - most bare plastic
1 Warpfire Thrower - metal, primed brown
6 Skaven Slaves - Bare Metal
2 Rat Ogres
1 Hellpit Abom - made from 2 rat ogres
1 Warpfire Cannon - previous edition, not assembled and missing a couple carriage pieces, gun is all there
1 Doomwheel
20 Stormvermin
4 Rat Swarms - painted and based
20 Giant Rats - primed black

Huge piles of sprues and a sack of bits/bodies as well.

Remember, I can possibly toss in some foam, movement trays, and other items.

Let me know when you resend the pictures since they didn't make it. Hotmail has a 15mb limit for attachments.

Thanks!
Sent: Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:23 pm
by TalonZahn

Hey,

I went through all the pictures really well. Some are still a bit too fuzzy to really tell, but others are crystal clear. Here's what I've come up with based on what I see.

100+Marines:
15 scouts - 67.50
20 AoBR marines /w Sgt. and Missile Launcher - 60, 30 per set is average
30 Battle of Macragge Marines /w Sgts. and Missile Launchers - ?? 2 versions old, whole game sells for about $50
10 Devastators that aren't Missle Launchers since at least 5 will go with the above sets - 70
10 Sternguard/Vets - not 100%, might be less/more. - ?? 70 if it's actually 10
1 OOP Dark Angel Vet - 10
1 OOP Chaplain - 10
1 Wolf Priest Ulrik - 15

53 Terminators:
5 OOP Metal Terms - ??
1 Lysander - 20
1 Chaplain - 15
1 Librarian - 19.75
20 AoBR Terminators - ??
1 Njal Stormcaller - 22.50

25+jump packs - 148.75
2 LRC - 124 - not sure if they are complete
2 Predators - 89 - not sure if they are complete
2 Dreads:
1 Looks like the AoBR dread, can't tell about the red one but weapons loadout indicates it is not
2 Landspeeders - 60 - not sure if they are complete
3 Rhinos - 90 - not sure if they are complete
Vindicator - 44.50

So I'm ballparking between $1200 to $1300 total. At least half the Marines are boxed set, and most of those are from 2 versions ago. Basically snap-fit Marines. I'm not seeing pieces/bits for alot of the vehicles, for example; Hurricane Bolters for one of the LRC's, no frag plates on either LRC, no sponson guns on grey Predator, no guns on Landspeeders, no hatches on any of the tanks, etc... They might be there, I just don't see any of those things.

My stuff will come in at $950 to $1000 if I count out the extra Clanrats and Giant Rats in the bits bags/on sprues. I can toss in stuff to get it closer. I'll throw in the foam I have (although it doesn't hold all of them), the movements trays I have (although it doesn't hold all of them), the Battle Magic card deck, and the 8th Edition Hardback big rulebook.

So that should put me right in the zone to match prices. I'm pretty much ready to go fo a trade. Let me know what you think. Thanks!
Sent: Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:42 pm
by hisshers

Well how can i pass this up? Lol, lets do it!
Sent: Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:49 pm
by TalonZahn

Hey,

Sounds good, I'll drop my info below. I only ask 2 things; 1 You ship first since I have a much higher rating (standard B-Town request), and 2 Please pack it nice.

Sometimes I get trades where it was just tossed in a box and I tend to get a little cranky.

I always ship on Saturdays or a.s.a.p. after receiving and doing a quick head count/survival check. I use USPS Priority with tracking/confirmation. It costs, but it's the price we pay for plastic! That WHFB rulebook is going to kill me, lol.

I will also scour my massive bits tackle box for anything else Skaveny / rat related.

Thanks again!

Address Removed
Sent: Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:10 pm
by hisshers

Hey, I have an offer on the table for a thousand cash. I would really like to take advantage of that BUT only if you will let me out of our deal. I thought it only fair to talk to you first

Sent: Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:25 pm
by TalonZahn

Hey,

Well we spent a considerable amount of time and effort working it out. Not to mention I've already started boxing it up. I'd be really dissapointed to let it go. I can really use almost all that stuff, except maybe the some of the Space Wolf stuff. Technically we already have a deal, but I can't MAKE you trade me the stuff. Also keep in mind that the $1000 cash wouldn't get you what I'm offering if you bought it new and would take forever to piece together to try and get more out the $1000.

I don't really know what to say. Again, I can't force your hand and make you trade me. I'd really like to get the stuff from you. As far as I'm concerned we shook hands on the deal last night.
Sent: Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:28 pm
by hisshers

Fair enough! I was feeling like a schlub considering it anyway! We will continue on
Sent: Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:50 am
by TalonZahn

Hey,

Shoot me a PM when you ship so I can let someone know to watch out for it. Sometimes the Mailman just drops it on the porch and walks off. Thanks!
Sent: Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:01 am
by TalonZahn

So what's the word? Ship, no ship, tracking number, etc. ?

I noticed you have a new ad up.

Sent: Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:11 pm
by hisshers

I sure do! The package was dropped off in my mailroom yesterday so I am just waiting for a tracking number.
Sent: Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:33 pm
by TalonZahn

Hey,

You ever get that tracking number?

How did you ship it out? Flat Rate, First Cass, etc. ?
Re: H:huge sm force W:any when force
Sent: Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:59 pm
by hisshers

Well this is awkward. I sent you a reply email stating I decided to go with the guy who offered the money afterall. I know this is crappy, and you will be mad but my wife and I decided we needed the money.

I am sorry.

The sad thing is, even though I have no job, I got a nice tax refund. I could have made a cash counteroffer. He never even made an attempt. He just let me think the deal was done and the box was in the mail.

Out of nowhere, "Sorry man."

The fury, oh the fury.
Give a man fire and he will be warm for a day; set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Re: Backout - hisshers

Post by MagickalMemories »

FIRST he tells you he sent it out, THEN he tells you he took a cash offer.
I think this is justified.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
TalonZahn ( 218 )
Resident Trader

Re: Backout - hisshers

Post by TalonZahn »

Just to make sure people are clear.

There was some follow up back and forth on this where neither party was very nice.

However, that conversation has no bearing on what transpired.

8)
Give a man fire and he will be warm for a day; set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Return to “Deadbeats & Backouts”