catharsix Back Out

They're not Bad Traders per se but they are REALLY annoying. Tell us about them here. READ THE RULES.

Moderator: Moderators

Dakkar98 ( 688 )
Bartertown Watchman

catharsix Back Out

Post by Dakkar98 »

catharsix wrote:Sent: Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:31 am
i have/can get a few things you want.

-female Eldar torsos
-Plastic Dire Avenger Helmeted Heads
-Banners from the plastic Wraith Lords
-Dark Angels Studded Shoulder Pads
-Left and Right Hand Flamer Bits from the New Plastic Death Company Kit

i might be able to get more of these too. i am not looking for what you have listed, but do you (or your wife) have any plastic eldar bits for trade? i am looking for various vehicle parts, and ESPECIALLY plastic heavy weapon platforms. lmk if interested and thanks!

-Ben
Dakkar98 wrote:Sent: Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:11 pm
Ben,
I am interested, unfortunately I am short about 3 plastic platforms myself.
I'll trade you 1 for 1 male torsos for the female torsos.
As far as everything else goes, I have an unassembled metal platform with (I believe) all weapon options.
I can include additional male guardians to make an additional squad.

What other vehicle parts are you looking for?

LMK, thanks,
Dakkar
catharsix wrote:Sent: Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:31 pm
well, i don't really need guardians, but other eldar bitz that might work well for conversions for my dark eldar might be nice. what else (plastic) do you have?

-Ben
Dakkar98 wrote:Sent: Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:22 pm
Ben,
I am in NC right now, all of my stuff is MD. I will check when I get back.

Dakkar
catharsix wrote:Sent: Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:04 pm
oh how i envy you! i grew up in the South, and i miss it greatly. don't sweat it, it seems like you are trying to build up a pile of some very hard to find bitz, and are in it for the long haul. i need to go through and reorganize my bitz anyway, so I will set aside all the items that i can for you, and we can work it out later what to trade for what. with stuff that i don't plan to use, i'd much rather someone who really wants it to be able to use it. i am a crazy converter, and i know how hard it can be to get certain bitz.

shoot me a message whenever you figure out what you got and i'll do the same. good luck!

-Ben
catharsix wrote:Sent: Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:19 pm
hi, i've got the following for you:

-5 female guardian torsos
-3 loose shuriken pistols
-2 sets of ccw/shuriken pistol stor guardian arms
-2 dire avenger heads
-1 studded DA shoulder pad

did you get back home and have a chance to look through your bitz? i'd love to trade, but will also sell this lot to you at a reasonable price if you don't have any bitz. just let me know, and thanks!

-Ben
Dakkar98 wrote:Sent: Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:05 pm
Ben,
I did get home, but I have been real busy. I will try and check the bits tonight.
At the Very least I am supposed to be off work on Wednesday and Thursday.

I'll get to it soon,
Dakkar
Dakkar98 wrote:Sent: Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:24 am
catharsix wrote:hi, i've got the following for you:

-5 female guardian torsos
-3 loose shuriken pistols
-2 sets of ccw/shuriken pistol storm guardian arms
-2 dire avenger heads
-1 studded DA shoulder pad

did you get back home and have a chance to look through your bitz? i'd love to trade, but will also sell this lot to you at a reasonable price if you don't have any bitz. just let me know, and thanks!

-Ben
Ben,
Two things,
1). What kind of conversion bits are you looking for your Dark Eldar?
2). There are some more items that I am looking for that I have not added to my wants list that you might also have. they are:
  • a).Any and all of the plain helmet plumes from the Old Dark Eldar Warriors (for my Black Guardian Conversions)
    b).A few suitable unhelmeted current female Dark Eldar heads from either the Kabalite Warriors or the Wyches box sets (for exarch conversions for my wife's Eldar)
    c).The Death Company hand flamers you had mentioned before, I could also use some Infernus pistols and some of the Death Company Bolt Pistol and/or Chainsword arms
LMK, thanks,
Dakkar
catharsix wrote:Sent: Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:12 pm
I am looking for parts to use in converting the two new DE "flyers" (the bomber and the fighter) and the Venom (smaller capacity transport) i have a ton of Heavy Weapons, so I don't need those, but could use other vehicle parts.

Also, I have a box of bits I bought from someone else on B-town coming in the next few days which should have some old DE heads, and some Death Company weapons. And I have a couple of female heads, but am getting another fresh box of Wyches in a week or so, so just let me know how many of those you are interested in.

Thanks again!

-Ben
Dakkar98 wrote:Sent: Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:14 am
Ben,
Let me know how you fair with those other bitz, unfortunately I have nothing for your vehicle conversions, so get me a list and let me know your asking price.

You responded to my ad so I assume that you are in agreement with my trade rules, but I will repeat them here so we are clear.
Trade Rules:
All trades involving cash coming to me will only be in US Dollars by:
US Postal Money Order or PayPal Personal Transfer: Other ONLY (no fee that way).
For All Trades, Lower Rating sends first, this includes when I am trading you my cash for your models.
Because, unless you are paying Sales Tax to the Government, you are not SELLING me anything, you are trading me your models for my cash.
Delivery Confirmation Number Preferred.
Lower Rating Leaves feedback first.

LMK, thanks,
Dakkar
catharsix wrote:Sent: Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:13 pm
i got a couple more things coming to me in trade, so here is the full list of what i will have available, and what i'd like to ask for it.

-10 female guardian torsos=$1.75 per (17.50)
-3 loose shuriken pistols=$0.75 per (2.25)
-2 sets of ccw/shuriken pistol storm guardian arms=$2.50 per (5.00)
-8 dire avenger heads=$0.75 per (12.00)
-1 studded DA shoulder pad=$1

does that sound reasonable? lmk what you think, and thanks again.

-Ben
Dakkar98 wrote:Sent: Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:36 pm
catharsix wrote:i got a couple more things coming to me in trade, so here is the full list of what i will have available, and what i'd like to ask for it.

-10 female guardian torsos=$1.75 per (17.50)Is that front and back or just front?
-3 loose shuriken pistols=$0.75 per (2.25)
-2 sets of ccw/shuriken pistol storm guardian arms=$2.50 per (5.00)
-8 dire avenger heads=$0.75 per (12.00)(I think that this is supposed to be 6.00 not 12.00)
-1 studded DA shoulder pad=$1

does that sound reasonable? lmk what you think, and thanks again.

-Ben
Ben,
$37.75 is a bit on the high side, correcting the error in your math concerning the Dire Avenger heads it should be $31.75 which is still high.

I would prefer to do a trade for the 10 torso's so we still have complete models on both ends, but if you really want to, we can do it that way. But, Retail for these bits from the Bitz Barn is:
-10 female guardian torsos=$.65 per complete torso (6.50)
-3 loose shuriken pistols=$0.35 per (1.05)
-2 sets of ccw/shuriken pistol storm guardian arms=$2.50 per set (5.00) (accurate)
-8 dire avenger heads=$0.95 per (7.60)
-1 studded DA shoulder pad=$1.00 (accurate)
Retail Total: $21.15

That being said, That to me is a trade value, because we all know sales on B-town are at least 20% off of retail.

If we trade the torsos, and I buy the other bits, I would be looking to do the trade + about $12.00 cash, we each pay shipping.
If we do not trade the torsos, and I buy it all, I would be looking to do it for no more than about $20.00 shipped.

Let me know what you think,
Dakkar
catharsix wrote:Sent: Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:18 pm
i am more than happy to negotiate on the price - i'm honestly not trying to gouge you. but first please let me explaain why i am asking more than the Bitz Barn:

while they claim to have a fantastic selection, the things you really want, rare things like those female torsos, are NEVER in stock. moreover, the guy who runs that place refuses to stock them, either by request or even as time goes by (i've seen things that have never been in stock in over a year) if they kept up a decent stock, they'd be the best store on the net. but for most items, you have to look elsewhere.

so while 65 cents may sound like a reasonable price for a random torso, i think it's worth a premium to guarantee getting a specifically female torso. there are 6 guardian torsos in stock - if you bought them all, for $3.90, you might get one or maybe two female ones. the DE heads are out of stock, and they don't have the storm guardian arms, and only 3 pistols.

as for trading, i'm not looking for guardian torsos, and i think that female ones, since they are so rare, are worth more than male ones. so how about this counter-offer:

-10 female guardian torsos=$.95 per complete torso (9.50)
-3 loose shuriken pistols=$0.50 per (1.50)
-2 sets of ccw/shuriken pistol storm guardian arms=$2.50 per set (5.00)
-1 studded DA shoulder pad=$1.00
Total: $24.60

add $1.90 for shipping and delivery confirmation, final total: $26.50. does that sound more reasonable to you? let me know what you think, and thanks for your patience.

-Ben
Dakkar98 wrote:Sent: Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:29 pm
Ben,
I was going through my stuff and came accross something that you might be interested in in trade.
I have an Eldar Jetbike that would be great to have crashed on the base of one of your Eldar vehicles.
I was going to offer in trade to another DE Player that I am doing a trade with for some of the old DE Warrior Helmet plumes, but I think that (if you want it) it would be a better fit in this trade.

Also did you have any of those old helmet plumes? You said you were getting in some things?

LMK, thanks,
Dakkar
catharsix wrote:Sent: Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:35 pm
sorry to take a little time to get back to you. you kknow how the holidays can be. i don't really need any more Eldar stuff, but i did get some more stuff you might want. let me give you a revised list:

-2 BA Death Company hand flamer arms=$1 per (2.00)
-5 female guardian torsos=$.95 per complete torso (4.75) [turns out i had fewer than i though]
-2 studded DA shoulder pad=$2.00
Total: $22.85

does that sound reasonable to you? let me know, and thanks for being willing to work with me.

-Ben
Dakkar98 wrote:Sent: Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:42 pm
catharsix wrote:sorry to take a little time to get back to you. you kknow how the holidays can be. i don't really need any more Eldar stuff, but i did get some more stuff you might want. let me give you a revised list:

-2 BA Death Company hand flamer arms=$1 per (2.00)
-5 female guardian torsos=$.95 per complete torso (4.75) [turns out i had fewer than i though]
-2 studded DA shoulder pad=$2.00
Total: $22.85

does that sound reasonable to you? let me know, and thanks for being willing to work with me.

-Ben
Ben,
That is a little better, but still high.
I noticed that you raised the price on the shuriken pistols .15 each to be closer to your original asking price of .75, but you didn't lower the price of the Dire Avenger heads back down to your original price of .75.
I didn't have to point out that they were asking more for those at the Bitz barn, but I did so to keep our price comparisons accurate.

All that being said, those are still retail or trade prices. Sales at Bartertown are almost always
  • at least
20% off of retail.

You never did get back to me on the possible helmet plumes from the other trade.

I think I might be willing to go as high as $20.00 shipped, and that's pushing it.

LMK, thanks,
Dakkar
catharsix wrote:Sent: Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:58 pm
you're in luck, i did find some of the old-skool DE plumes. i'll drop the asking price for everything listed to 21$, and add in the plumes (5 or so) can you live with that?

lmk, if you can, cause i am mailing out a bunch of stuff today, and i could get yours in the batch as well.

thanks again.

-Ben
Dakkar98 wrote:Sent: Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:17 pm
Ben,

Summary of Deal:
catharsix sends:
  • 2 studded DA shoulder pad
    2 BA Death Company hand flamer arms
    2 sets of ccw/shuriken pistol storm guardian arms
    3 loose shuriken pistols
    5 female guardian torsos
    8 dire avenger heads
    All of the Dark Eldar Warrior Helmet plumes you have (5+)
    Anything extra that you have lying around that you think I might need :wink:
To:
  • Damon A Simms
    8022 Bolivar Road
    Middletown, MD 21769
Upon Receipt
Dakkar98 Sends:
  • $21.00 via Paypal
To:
  • catharsix's Paypal ID via personal Transfer other
If this is all good quote it back to me with your Paypal ID and your E-mail (if it is different from your Paypal ID).

LMK, thanks,
Damon
catharsix wrote:Sent: Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:55 pm
ok, final revision on my end: i have 2 more female torsos that have been held up in the mail which should arrive in a day or so, along with 1 studded SM shoulderpad. there is only 1 studded DA pad. one of each, so that won't change. let's say i just tack on one additional dollar for the +2 female Guardian torsos. that would make the final list as follows:

Summary of Deal:
catharsix sends:
  • 1 studded DA shoulder pad
    1 studded SM shoulder pad
    3 loose shuriken pistols
    7 female guardian torsos
    8 dire avenger heads
To:
  • Damon A Simms
    8022 Bolivar Road
    Middletown, MD 21769
Upon Receipt
Dakkar98 Sends:
  • $22.00 via Paypal
To:
when i have the last couple of bitz in hand, i will send you a final exact list, and then mail it out to you, and you can pay when you receive it, as per above details. my paypal is:

catharsix@gmail.com

(you can reach me there easier than B-town PM too, by the way)

will update you when i have everything packed and shipped.

-Ben
catharsix wrote:Sent: Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:58 pm
Ok, so i am not going to wait for those last few pieces to arrive, because it could be a week or more. i do however also have all the Wraithlord tabard/loincloth/banner-y things if you want those too. i'd toss them in for a marginal amount - i just want to close this deal and get this stuff out of my bitz box. in addition to the updated list as below + all the tabard/banners from (one complete) Wraithlord, could you do $23.00?

Parts in handl:
catharsix sends:
  • 1 studded SM (NOT DA) shoulder pad
    3 loose shuriken pistols
    5 female guardian torsos
    7 dire avenger heads
lmk, and i can get this stuff packed up and sent out tomorrow or Monday.

-Ben
Dakkar98 wrote:Sent: Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:19 pm
catharsix wrote:ok, final revision on my end: i have 2 more female torsos that have been held up in the mail which should arrive in a day or so, along with 1 studded SM shoulderpad. there is only 1 studded DA pad. one of each, so that won't change. let's say i just tack on one additional dollar for the +2 female Guardian torsos. that would make the final list as follows:

Summary of Deal:
catharsix sends:
  • 1 studded DA shoulder pad
    3 loose shuriken pistols
    7 female guardian torsos
    8 dire avenger heads
To:
  • Damon A Simms
    8022 Bolivar Road
    Middletown, MD 21769
Upon Receipt
Dakkar98 Sends:
  • $22.00 via Paypal
To:
when i have the last couple of bitz in hand, i will send you a final exact list, and then mail it out to you, and you can pay when you receive it, as per above details. my paypal is:

catharsix@gmail.com

(you can reach me there easier than B-town PM too, by the way)

will update you when i have everything packed and shipped.

-Ben
catharsix wrote:Ok, so i am not going to wait for those last few pieces to arrive, because it could be a week or more. i do however also have all the Wraithlord tabard/loincloth/banner-y things if you want those too. i'd toss them in for a marginal amount - i just want to close this deal and get this stuff out of my bitz box. in addition to the updated list as below + all the tabard/banners from (one complete) Wraithlord, could you do $23.00?

Parts in handl:
catharsix sends:
  • 1 studded SM (NOT DA) shoulder pad
    3 loose shuriken pistols
    5 female guardian torsos
    7 dire avenger heads
lmk, and i can get this stuff packed up and sent out tomorrow or Monday.

-Ben
I have to say I have a real issue with you removing $4.00 worth of bits, adding in a couple of extra bits and the price adjustment you make is to increase things by another $1.00.
It's hard to tell if you think that I'm an idiot, or if you are just a little scatter brained, or what.
So for that price, I think I'll just wait for you to get those bits it from the other trade(s).

Damon
catharsix wrote:Sent: Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:42 pm
maybe you should wait for someone else, because, for someone looking for such super-specific and VERY hard to get bitz, you are the most picky and abrasive trader i have ever dealt with. i am happy that there are other people who have expressed interest in these bitz and have not been as rude as you have been. i'm much happier to sell to them. with your attitude, you and your wife will never get enough female torsos, studded shoulder pads, etc. to fulfill your rather large list.

-Ben
Dakkar98 wrote:Sent: Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:50 am
Ben,
So, just to be clear.

Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:55 pm We came to an agreement for a deal.
Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:58 pm You attempted to alter that deal after it was finalized.
Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:19 pm I said that I wanted to stick to the original agreement.
Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:42 pm You are backing out of the Deal.

Is this correct?

LMK, Thanks,
Dakkar
catharsix wrote:Sent: Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:10 pm
my apologies - it seems i did not read you last PM carefully enough. i thought you were calling the deal off, but i see now you were rather stating you wanted to wait for the other parts to arrive to go with the original deal. i am fine with that. and yes, i am scatterbrained, and terrible with math, even simple arithmetic.

do you want to go with the original deal then? i will do so if that is your wish, just let me know.

-Ben
Dakkar98 wrote:Sent: Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:23 pm
Ben,
I do wish to proceed with the original deal.

However, If (after you receive the items that you are waiting for) you wish to negotiate to add in the wraithlord banner items we can do so.

I am sorry if I cam across as abrasive. I am more used to trading for these kinds of things, not buying them.

Damon
Considering that in my previous message (3 days earlier) I told him that I wished to proceed with the original deal, I thought the following message was just to update me on what he was waiting on, and so I did not read all the way to the bottom.
catharsix wrote:Sent: Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:11 pm
sorry for the very delayed response. i'd still like to go ahead, but i am STILL waiting for a couple of bits. here is what i have IN HAND right now:

1 loose shuriken pistol
3 female guardian torsos
7 dire avenger heads
5 old-style Dark Eldar Warrior Helmet plumes
3 Wraithlord banner/tabard bits (one of each of the 3 that come in a box set)

in a package that is taking FOREVER to arrive from the UK, i will receive, at some point in the future:

1 studded DA shoulder pad
2 female guardian torsos
2 loose shuriken pistols

if you'd like to wait for the stuff i'm still waiting to come, i'm cool with that. if you'd like to take just what i have on hand (and my apologies for the excessive waiting and misunderstandings) i'm cool with that too. naturally, since the totals are different than the earlier agreed-upon $22.00 we can renegotiate that price.

let me know how you'd like to proceed, and my apologies again for the delay and misinterpreting you earlier.

-Ben
I was waiting for him to get the items from overseas so I waited for him to let me know when the items arrived. When I didn't hear back from him, I sent the following message.
Dakkar98 wrote:Sent: Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:46 pm
catharsix wrote:sorry for the very delayed response. i'd still like to go ahead, but i am STILL waiting for a couple of bits. here is what i have IN HAND right now:

1 loose shuriken pistol
3 female guardian torsos
7 dire avenger heads

in a package that is taking FOREVER to arrive from the UK, i will receive, at some point in the future:

2 female guardian torsos
2 loose shuriken pistols

if you'd like to wait for the stuff i'm still waiting to come, i'm cool with that. if you'd like to take just what i have on hand (and my apologies for the excessive waiting and misunderstandings) i'm cool with that too. naturally, since the totals are different than the earlier agreed-upon $22.00 we can renegotiate that price.

let me know how you'd like to proceed, and my apologies again for the delay and misinterpreting you earlier.

-Ben
Ben,
Did you ever get that package from the UK with the rest of the items?

LMK, thanks,
Damon
After another week with no response, I sent the following message.
Dakkar98 wrote:Sent: Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:20 am
Ben,
I didn't read all the way to the bottom of your last message.
I wanted to wait until you got the bits that you were waiting on from the other trade. In my previous message, It was pretty clear what my intentions were. I thought your last message was just updating me as to what you were waiting on. I didn't see until recently that at the bottom you asked how I wished to proceed.

Now it is my turn to apoligize for not reading the whole message.

LMK, thanks,
Damon
catharsix wrote:Sent: Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:57 pm
i think that we both have mis-read/mis-understood each other once or twice; i don't know about you, but i often have too many deals going on all at once, so its easy to miss details, or even whole messages.

unfortunately, nearly everything you were interested in has been traded away in the last month or so. all i really have left are the old style DE plumes, and maybe one female torso, and a studded shoulder pad.if you're still interested in those let me know, or if your wants list has changed.

thanks again.

-Ben
Dakkar98 wrote:Sent: Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:04 pm
catharsix wrote:Sent: Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:11 pm
my apologies - it seems i did not read you last PM carefully enough. i thought you were calling the deal off, but i see now you were rather stating you wanted to wait for the other parts to arrive to go with the original deal. i am fine with that. and yes, i am scatterbrained, and terrible with math, even simple arithmetic.

do you want to go with the original deal then? i will do so if that is your wish, just let me know.

-Ben
Dakkar98 wrote:Sent: Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:23 pm
Ben,
I do wish to proceed with the original deal.

However, If (after you receive the items that you are waiting for) you wish to negotiate to add in the wraithlord banner items we can do so.

I am sorry if I came across as abrasive. I am more used to trading for these kinds of things, not buying them.

Damon
catharsix wrote:Sent: Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:11 pm
sorry for the very delayed response. i'd still like to go ahead, but i am STILL waiting for a couple of bits. here is what i have IN HAND right now:

1 loose shuriken pistol
3 female guardian torsos
7 dire avenger heads

2 female guardian torsos
2 loose shuriken pistols

-Ben
Ben,
On January 11th, you explained that you were waiting on some items and asked me if I wished to proceed with the original deal.
On January 12th, I replied that I wished to proceed with the original deal.
On January 15th, you sent me a list of what you had and what you were still waiting on. I didn't see that (for some reason) you asked me again if I wanted to proceed with the original deal.

I assumed that you would contact me once the bits arrived from the UK. Since you did not here from me, you should have assumed that I was following my stated intention from the last message that you received from me, which was "I wish to proceed with the original deal". You should not have traded away the bits without checking making absolutely sure whether or not I was still interested in the bits.

I lost contact with a trader in August because of issues on his end. I did not trade away the item that he was wanting until January. You didn't follow up, you just moved on without checking at all.

You have busted the deal. I have slowed down on my trading a great deal. Yours was only one of seven deals that I negotiated for January. The last message I got from you, you were still waiting to get all of the bits negotiated for, in hand. Why did I NOT get a message from you once they arrived?!?

Thanks For Nothing!

Damon
Bits for my marines: Need/Have
Studded Shoulder Pads: 900+/290+
Mk6 Helmeted Heads: 800+/600+

It's Bartertown, if you don't like my offer, please haggle with me.

References Owed (to me and by me): TheKiiier, CraftworldsRus, morgazmo84015, Beesterdo, 2.0, chosenoftzeentch, kepora, tiger, beowulfdahunter, getupandgo, thibner, snikrot, Crovan.

Return to “Deadbeats & Backouts”