Backout: BrandonBartertown

They're not Bad Traders per se but they are REALLY annoying. Tell us about them here. READ THE RULES.

Moderator: Moderators

MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Backout: BrandonBartertown

Post by MagickalMemories »

The first PM I sent was on 12/21. The last I sent was on 1/20.

As soon as I file this, I'm PMing him that our deal is canceled and am including a link to the thread.
MagickalMemories wrote:Hi.
I've got some stuff that you listed as wants.
There are a couple things here you didn't list. I've only included them in case you forgot to list them (since you had a pretty extensive list), or I overlooked them (extensive list again LOL) and because I'll give a REALLY good deal on them as a lot.
Here you go:
I've got the following

MSRP $20 Sanguinor
MSRP $20 Astorath
MSRP $33 Death Company (x2)
MSRP $33 Sanguinary Guard (x3) Missing 1 head per set.

MSRP on the lot is $205.
I'll let it all go for $134 plus shipping.
That is just barely under 35% off (35% off is $133.25)
If you only want to "pick & choose" what you want, I'l sell Sanguinor or Astorath at $14 each & the boxed sets at $24 each. Plus shipping, of course.

Also, I'd be willing to accept Hellions towards trade, but only at retail to retail. I don't think it's fair to give you in your favor because you have to pay to ship, since I have to pay to ship, too. Hope that makes sense.

If you're interested in Hellions & cash for anything I have, LMK. We can crunch numbers.

These offers are only valid through Sunday. If I don't hear from you by Sunday, I'll presume you aren't interested and take them off the table.

Thanks.

Eric

Subject: H: NiB NEW Dark Eldar, Various W: 40k, Some Old SM stuff
BrandonBartertown wrote:Hey all,

Well after managing some success on my first post here in trying to offload some DE stuff, well..lol my birthday came around and my buddies got me a bunch of DE stuff, seems I forgot to tell them I'd traded mine off. So, I've got some more DE stuff that I'd like to unload, it's all new edition, NiB. I am looking to get better than retail for retail,as withs hipping I'm losing money. And Money's not a big issue for me. I love a good deal lol, obviously if we're both talking NiB though, we can come to an arrangement. The DE stuff goes to whoever offers me the best deals and ships fast. So if your looking to lowball, probably wasting your time here because somebodys got stuff I want they dont, and htey want this stuff. So Here we go!

SIde note: I am also willing to pay cash for some of my wants if it's a good deal.

H:
New Archon
Lelith Hesperax
2 Boxes Warriors
1 Ravager
1 Transport thing
1 Box DE Jetbikes
2 Boxes mandrakes
1 Box Wyches
1 Box Incubi
1 Box Hellions

1 Typhus Herald of Nurgle missing the Plague Hive back piece
8 or more old Plastic Ed. Plague marines and Berzerkers
Fantasy:
Hellblaster Volleygun (In your favor, needst o be stripped, etc)
Dark Elf lot with Reaper Bolt Thrower (In your favor, needs TLC, bunch of troops, some odd metal models and the War machine with a slightly damaged Malus and beat up Dragon. I'd trade the whole damn thing for 15-20 Marines lol)
Empire Warpriest Book Shield and Hammer
COuple of Columbus style Engineers from the Campaign years ago
Current Anvil of Doom set to lil Terrain Diorama, missing a few small pieces (just found it lol)
Empire Mortar, (Current)

(I'd let the whole lot of the Fantasy Stuff go in favor of osmeone in a big way if they gave me a decent deal)

W:
SPACE MARINES/BOOD ANGELS/BLACK TEMPLARS/DARK ANGELS:

Ultramarine Tyrannic War Veterans
Verterans Mk.1
Veterans Mk.2
Sternguard Veterans
Vanguard Veterans
-Individual Veteran Space Marine Models Also
The Old Metal BLood Angel Space Marines
-Blood Angel Shoulderpads if have alot)
Deathcompany
Honourguard (old Kit)
Furioso Dreadnought
Dark Angel Chapter Master with Winged Helm and sword
The Blood Angels Angel Guy (New BA Guy)
Gaberial Seth (New BA guy)
Dark Angels Scout Srg. Namaan
Pedro Kantor
Shrike
Vulkan He'Stann
Emperors Champion w/sword in front
Marshall Helbrecht
Gamesday Marine w/ Thunder hammer
Old GD Marine w'Pfist and Master Crafted Bolter
Captain Cortez
Sergeant Telion
Capt. Sicarius
Honourguard Models
Chaplains (Depend son Models, new and old)
Librarians (Depends on Models new and Old)
Tac Marines
Devestators w/
-Hvy Bolters
-Lascannons
-Plasma Cannons
Sword Bretheran
BT Chapter Upgrades (Full sprues or bits)
AoBR Marines
-Captain
-Tac marines
-Termies
-Dreadnought
SM Dreadnought Arms
Ironclad Dreads
Venerable Dread
Rhinos
Razorbacks
Landspeeders
Bikes
Assault Bikes
Assault Marines
Scouts w/
-Bolters
-Shotguns
Landspeeder Storm
2x Whirlwinds
MAYBE Drop Pods
MAYBE Land Raiders
Forgeworld Marine stuff considered
Honour Guard Models
Cool Conversions
Space Marine Veteran Sergeants, OLD AND NEW, ANY CHAPTER, SHOW me what you have here, these I really want
Termiantors (New Ed)
Terminator Lightning Claw and Thunderhammer/Storm Shield bits
Powerweapon bits of all kinds
Power armor sized Storm bolters of all kinds
Chapter specific shoulder pads
Squad desingation Shoulder pads
Old Metal Chapter Specific Marine Bodies
Legion of the Damned
Shrike
Techmarines
Thunderfire cannons
Chapter masters Set
BA New Honor Guard
Old Metal Standard bearers
Iron Hands Marines
Iron Hands Iron Father

ANY cool to scale bare head/great helm heads bits, fantasy or sci fi. Show me what you have.
NEW Command squad banner bearer bits
Deathwatch Inquisitorial Shoulderpads (New or Old)
Dreadnaught arms
Heavy bolter and Plasma Cannon servitors
Servitors

LOTS of SM stuff huh? Working on a big SM project lol.

IMPERIAL GUARD:
Tanks, just abotu any and every kind
Lasgun Infantry, same deal doesn't matter what regiment
Old Commissar w/Pfist and Saber
New Commissars
Steel Legion Commissar
Cadian Colonel (Cyber eye and Saber)
Creed and Kell
Sentinesl, Depend son Armament
IG Command Bits
BAre IG heads
Vostroyan Sniper w/mask
Cadian Snipers
Tanith IG
OLD IG officer w/bald head, cigar and Boltgun
IG officers, new and old
IG sergeants, New and old
Baneblade and baneblade Variants
IG Aircraft
Engineseers

WITCH HUNTERS:
Gideon Lorr (Gunslinger style Inquisitor w/plasma pistol)
Sisters w/Bolters
Sisters w/Heavy bolters
Sister Superiors
Cannoness
Sisters Repentia
Exorcists
Repressor
Sisters w/Flamers
Sisters w/Storm bolters
Sisters w/Melta Guns
Crusader Henchemen
Inquisiotr on Power Throne Guy (Forget his name)

DAEMON HUNTERS:
Great Helm Inquisitor
GK in Power armor
GK Terminators
Coteaz

Orks:
Just about anything lol (older stuff requires Pics)

Eldar:
Again almost everything, tell me what you have

Tau:
Might be interested in some of these

Space Wolves:
New Wolf Guard w/lightning claws
Lukas the Trickers
Cannis Wolfborn
Njal Storm Caller
SW scouts
13th Company Wulfen

CHAOS MARINES:
Raptors
NiB Chaos Terminator Lord
Iron Warriors
Night Lords
Khorne Berzerkers
*Chaos Beastman heads, big ons, not lil' imp ones, old edition is fine, chaos warrior fantasy heads fine too)
Huron Blackheart
NiB or NoS Possessed
NIB or NoS Chaos Marines, (Bare plastic assembled most I'll take)
NiB or NoS Chaos Termies
Defilers
Soul Grinders
Thousand Sons
Old(Last Edition) Daemonettes
Daemon Princes
*Fantasy Chaos Warrior heads/Helms
*Marauder Heads/Helms
Certain Havocs

CODEXS and BOOKS: (All newest Ed)
Dark Angels
Apocolypse
ApocolypseReloaded
Cities of Death
Chaos Marines
Imperial Guard
Tau Empire
Space Wolves

ETC and ACCESORIES:
"Special" Metal Jump Packs
Apocolypse Templates
NoS or NiB Imperial City Buildings
NiB or NoS Scenery and BUildings
Army Carrying Cases w/Foam (Doesn't have to be GW, these are lower priority but still tossing them out there)
SM command Squad Bits
COOL looking SM conversions
Unused SM Decal Sheets

OK AND NOW-

When you message me, as i"m sure I'll get laot of them pleas eofllow the following guidelines:

1) Please post what you have. Any (How Much, I have osme Eldar, what are you looking for? Etc?) Those will be ignored for other people who include what they have, and what they want.

2) Include the conditions or said items, pics when at all possible.

3) I will Sell things as well as buy them.

4) I'm going to hold off for about 5 Days (Next thursday/Friday) On the deal sunless you just REALLY shoot me something amazing. (On the DE stuff, the other stuff man, lol I'll take jut abouyt anything for it) If you want me to tell you if someone has 'bid' better than your deal please include that. Since this is bartertown, i figure we'll do some bartering. I'm not looking to rip anyone off, I'm just looking to get the best deals I can.

Ok well, hope to hear from you.

P.S. I work days and evenings so I'll probabaly respond mostly at night.

Thanks!
(PS. SOmeone shoot me a PM on how to leave feedback? lol Closed alot of trades and I want to leave feedback)

P.P.S. If you Messaged me on my previous thread, my roomate cleared my Mailbox at one point when trying to check stuff for me while I was at work, so I didn't ignore anyone. You will always at least get a reply from me.
BrandonBartertown wrote:Yeah man, I actually am interested int hat. What's the Cash price for hte lot+ Hellions? And is the stuf fon sprue?
MagickalMemories wrote:
BrandonBartertown wrote:Yeah man, I actually am interested int hat. What's the Cash price for hte lot+ Hellions? And is the stuf fon sprue?
Astorath and Sanguinor are MIB, unopened.
1 Box of Death Co is unopened
1 Box of Death Co was opened to look at, but otherwise untouched. I even managed not to drool on anything. LOL
The 3 Sang. Guard boxes are on sprue with the exception of the missing heads (it's one of the bare heads, anyway)
I bought them to do a BA army, but decided against it. I already have 2 Power Armored armies, and have been interested in DE for a long time. So, when I found out they were coming in Nov., I stopped buying BA stuff. I just recently decided to get rid of it.

So, retail on the BA stuff is $205.
Retail on the Hellions is $24.75
That leaves a difference of $180.25
At 65% of retail (35% off), that makes it $117.1625 (let's say $117 LOL)
The initial offer was for you to pay shipping. Since you'd have to ship something to me, I wouldn't feel right asking you to pay all of the shipping. So, just add $5 for shipping & I'll cover the rest. I will also provide a Delivery Confirmation number.
That makes a final total of $122 via PayPal and a box of Hellions. Let me know, if you want to buy insurance on it, and I'll get you a total with insurance included (If you choose insurance, we can insure it at $ purchase price, or retail. Your choice).

Keep in mind that the above presumes that you're in the US.
If you're international, I may want you to pay more towards shipping, because shipping would eat HUGELY into the money I'm receiving (which, at 35% off, is a great discount).
Also, considering our ref score differences, I'd want you to ship first (per my sig line).

Please, let me know how all of this looks to you.
If it's good, and you get the cash to me via PayPal by 9 pm tonight, I will pack the models tonight and ship everything tomorrow morning, provided you agree to ship the Hellions before 12/31.

Let me know?

Thanks.

Eric
BrandonBartertown wrote:I'm good with everything, except...that I don't use paypal. I was screwed on a dispute with them over on ebay after having to wait a month for the money. So If that's the onyl way you deal, then I appreciate it but I will have to pass. IF you'll do a Money Order, or straight cash, we can make that work.
MagickalMemories wrote:
BrandonBartertown wrote:I'm good with everything, except...that I don't use paypal. I was screwed on a dispute with them over on ebay after having to wait a month for the money. So If that's the onyl way you deal, then I appreciate it but I will have to pass. IF you'll do a Money Order, or straight cash, we can make that work.
Not a deal breaker. I just operate on the presumption that everyone uses PayPal (LOL) and, if I find someone who doesn't, I find another way around it. There are a number of Bartertowners who don't use PayPal, actually.

I don't really *like* to do money orders, but I will. I have *one* rule with them, though.
I will only accept them if they're (a) from the Post Office or (b) from US Bank.

I have actually had someone send me a fake m.o. before, and I almost got stuck with it (not through BTown, though). Fortunately, I worked in a bank branch at the time, at a notice had just come out from the FBI about that particular set of m.o.'s.

With the USPS m.o.'s, I can take them there and cash them. With the US Bank ones... Well, I know they're drawn on US Bank and, as I'm an employee and customer of US Bank, I can just go down to the branch attached to my building and cash them there. :)

If that works for you, then we're on. Just LMK what to expect. Once I have the cash & Hellions, I'll send the BA's on their way.

Thanks!

Eric
BrandonBartertown wrote:Yeah I only ever do USPS Money orders for the ease of Cashing, but if you want I cana lso just wrap cash in paper and send it like a letter, either way i don't realyl care whatever is gonna be better for you
MagickalMemories wrote:
BrandonBartertown wrote:Yeah I only ever do USPS Money orders for the ease of Cashing, but if you want I cana lso just wrap cash in paper and send it like a letter, either way i don't realyl care whatever is gonna be better for you
Use the m.o., please. It's safer for you. I'll have to go to the USPS to ship, anyway, so I don't mind. I'd rather you be protected.

That way, you don't have to worry about sending cash and what would happen if I received it, but claimed the box was opened and the contents were strewn about, and there was no cash in it. :shocked:
I might be shifty like that, you know! :twisted: :wink:

Eric
MagickalMemories wrote:
So, it's been a week and I haven't heard back from you.
Are you still in on the trade we agreed to?

My address, in case we didn't exchange them earlier:

Eric Wessels
916 Parc Central (Yep. Parc, not Park)
Festus, MO 63028

Eric
BrandonBartertown wrote:Yeah man lol. Sorry abotu that, between the holidays and accidentally deleting our history (Thought you were a different Trader I was working with lol). It's takena n extra span hasn't it? Well lol. Now that i have your address and if we're still good, I can go ahead and get this done, hopefully, Thursday of next week? (Pay Day) That workw ith you?
MagickalMemories wrote:
BrandonBartertown wrote:Yeah man lol. Sorry abotu that, between the holidays and accidentally deleting our history (Thought you were a different Trader I was working with lol). It's takena n extra span hasn't it? Well lol. Now that i have your address and if we're still good, I can go ahead and get this done, hopefully, Thursday of next week? (Pay Day) That workw ith you?
Yeah, man. As long as I have a date and we're in contact, that's absolutely fine. I don't need the money or models in a huge hurry, so the few extra days is fine.

Since you said you deleted the history, let me reiterate our trade, so we both have record of it again (more after the "quote"):
MagickalMemories wrote: Astorath and Sanguinor are MIB, unopened.
1 Box of Death Co is unopened
1 Box of Death Co was opened to look at, but otherwise untouched. I even managed not to drool on anything. LOL
The 3 Sang. Guard boxes are on sprue with the exception of the missing heads (it's one of the bare heads, anyway)
I bought them to do a BA army, but decided against it. I already have 2 Power Armored armies, and have been interested in DE for a long time. So, when I found out they were coming in Nov., I stopped buying BA stuff. I just recently decided to get rid of it.

So, retail on the BA stuff is $205.
Retail on the Hellions is $24.75
That leaves a difference of $180.25
At 65% of retail (35% off), that makes it $117.1625 (let's say $117 LOL)
The initial offer was for you to pay shipping. Since you'd have to ship something to me, I wouldn't feel right asking you to pay all of the shipping. So, just add $5 for shipping & I'll cover the rest. I will also provide a Delivery Confirmation number.
That makes a final total of $122 via PayPal and a box of Hellions. Let me know, if you want to buy insurance on it, and I'll get you a total with insurance included (If you choose insurance, we can insure it at $ purchase price, or retail. Your choice).

Keep in mind that the above presumes that you're in the US.
If you're international, I may want you to pay more towards shipping, because shipping would eat HUGELY into the money I'm receiving (which, at 35% off, is a great discount).
Also, considering our ref score differences, I'd want you to ship first (per my sig line).
Also, just to make sure there are no problems, if you'll PM me your address, I'll go ahead and work on getting your portion ready.

Thanks!

Eric
MagickalMemories wrote:Hi.
Just checking in.
If memory serves, you're sending out a MO with the box of Hellions this week. Correct?

Thanks.

Eric
MagickalMemories wrote:As of right now, you're a week late on shipping out your half of the deal.
You haven't logged in since January 1st, and my last two PM's have gone unread and unanswered.

If you do not respond to me by 11:59 PM Central time on 1/23/2011, I will presume you have backed out of our agreed upon trade and the items will no longer be available for you.

Eric
[/quote]
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
Ironhide ( 92 )
Technicolor Messiah

Re: Backout: BrandonBartertown

Post by Ironhide »

Is this from PMs? If so, I do not see any Time/Date stamps on the PMs and cannot ascertain a chronological order to the correspondence provided.

To summarize, you are missing the PM header information. You know, the "Subject", "Sent", and "From" lines.
"You can't always get what you want, but sometimes, you get what you need." - The Rolling Stones
FBI Internet Fraud Center http://www.ic3.gov/complaint/
USPS Mail Fraud http://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/forms ... laint.aspx

If you don't have your Location listed in your User Control Panel, why not take a second and update it? It will let your trading partners know where you are from the beginning.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Guess I am.
Deal.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
Ironhide ( 92 )
Technicolor Messiah

Post by Ironhide »

Might I direct you to the BTR forum posting rules:
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=45472

Most notably, this:
You MUST!!! have the following:
Proof of Bartertown-based transaction:

* scanned receipt (USPS, UPS, Fed-Ex, etc.),
* emails with complete headers,
* private messages,
* or other form of communication that clearly states what was being traded for what, when, who was sending first, when the packages were sent, and so forth!
"You can't always get what you want, but sometimes, you get what you need." - The Rolling Stones
FBI Internet Fraud Center http://www.ic3.gov/complaint/
USPS Mail Fraud http://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/forms ... laint.aspx

If you don't have your Location listed in your User Control Panel, why not take a second and update it? It will let your trading partners know where you are from the beginning.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Yes. Yes, you might.
Eric

bluemeenie ( 114 )
Expert Trader

Post by bluemeenie »

hahhah....

Ironhide...MM

You 2 crack me up :)

Return to “Deadbeats & Backouts”