Backout/Deadbeat eddie/eduardo Pozo

They're not Bad Traders per se but they are REALLY annoying. Tell us about them here. READ THE RULES.

Moderator: Moderators

NYCowboy ( 102 )
Journeyman Trader

Backout/Deadbeat eddie/eduardo Pozo

Post by NYCowboy »

Eddie PMed me back on 12-6-10 about some models I had posted for sale or trade wanting to work out a trade for a unit of Doom Reavers he had. We worked out a deal and I was all set you have hime send them to me and then I got an excuse from him that the models had been damaged when a pipe in his basement burst. He claimed they were in bad shape and he wanted to call off the trade. I told him I was willing to still trade for the models as I planed to re paint them anyway. After a few PM's on this subject I inquired about seeing photos of the models and that is when he stopped responding to my PM's

So now I am here. TO just let others know.
PM history:
Sent: Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:46 pm
by eddie
I have a unit of doom reavers if your interestd in them
Sent: Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:38 pm
by NYCowboy
sure, what from my list would you like in trade.
Sent: Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:18 pm
by eddie
i was wondering if you have nay Tyranids? If not then the only things i really want are the jacks from khador
Sent: Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:51 am
by NYCowboy
I have no nids models left. I do however have lots of bits so how does one of the jacks and some nids bits sound. send me a list of bits you want and i will dig up what I have.

Ed
Sent: Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:17 am
by eddie
ah dam, hmmm its just that i would offer to take some space marines but i dont know how to play them, or who they are (just getting into warhammer) and i got plenty of bits i can use so wont need any

would you be interested into Alexia Ciannor and the Risen
orin midwinter?
they are mercs that work for khador and are pretty good if used right.
I also have the UA for the pikemen and 2 extra pikemen i can offer.
only thing i would be loking for is the Jacks i guess

also condition on models
standard's flag got broken off, i can glue it back on
one doom reaver balde seems to have fallen off, i can glue back on as well

Sent: Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:53 pm
by NYCowboy
Ok, make me an offer as to what you want of mine for the Doom Reavers, Iron Fang UA and 2 additional guys. I am not really interested in the Merc but if they make the deal more fair then add them in. As for lose parts, no worries so long as they are fixable just ship them to me and I can fix them. Stuff breaks in transport all the time so fixing it is not a big deal.

Ed

Sent: Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:10 pm
by eddie
hmmm doom reavers, 2 pikemen, a UA, and a Rockateer for your kovnik and two destroyers. I would offer fenris ifi had one but they are hard to find :-|

~eddie~

Sent: Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:27 pm
by NYCowboy
Eddie,

Sounds like a deal to me. Just so we are clear they are the metal destroyers I will be shipping you. Since you have a lower rating you ship first, so send me the:
doom reavers
Iron Fang 2 pikemen
Iron Fang UA
Winter guard Rockateer

Once I get the models I will send you:
2x Classic Destroyers
1x kovnik

My address:
Edward Doherty
xxxxxxx St.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

p.s you don't have a classic pButcher you would do instead of the rockateer? I could throw in a little cash to even it out if need be at that point.

Ed

Sent: Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:40 pm
by eddie
dont send any models yet! Im still in school so you'll ave to wait a little bit first. I wont be able to send it off till at least saturday. If not then the begginning of next week. Sorry for the wait but its worth it!

dam, i should have asked you for all your khador if you were willing to do that!! maybe i should take those juggies too =P
i wish i had a butcher, i never really wanted to buy him so i never got him. I cant really offer you anything else aside from Alexia Ciannor and the risen. All the rest of my khador i dont have an abundance for. Although i do have a few extra kossites
~eddie~

Sent: Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:59 pm
by NYCowboy
The deal we have now is pretty fair in terms of what I am getting ~$79 in models from you, and your getting ~$80 in models form me based on the pricing on the Privateer Press site. So it works out to be a nice even trade.

Now with regards to shipping. I will wait till I receive the models from you before I ship since you have the lower Bartertown rating. Once I get the models I will put your package in the mail and send you a tracking number. Thank you for telling me you won't be shipping till Saturday at the earliest, some people don't tell you when they are shipping and it can get annoying a week later when you contact them and they tell you they put it in the mail the day before. Just give me a heads up when you put it in the mail and I will get your stuff all boxed up so that when the models get here I can put yours in the mail the same day hopefully.

Ed

Sent: Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:04 pm
by eddie
thats fine i have no problem waiting for a while, also, you probably wont hear from me till saturday if not friday (with me saying that i've wrapped everything and its ready to go for the next day)
anyway untill then enjoy the week!
~eddie~

Sent: Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:43 pm
by eddie
Hey there sorry i haven't responded to you on friday to now. I unforuntely had a house accident. Some of the pipes burst in my basement one of them over my modem for my wifi internet, and one of them happen to be over my army....So my army case managed to weather one of them but it could only take so much. Most of my army is ruined (has some brown gunk all over it, perhaps rust?) they are actually in no condition to be played and i dont know what to do with them. The cards are also destroyed, all the sleeves did was make sure they get killed in a sealed area...The only thing that really survived was my behemoth (ha the big jack lives)

Sorry to say i can't trade with you, i'll have to do something to fix my guys up.....sorry again
~eddie~

Sent: Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:18 pm
by NYCowboy
I am sorry to hear about your pipes bursting, truth is i was going to strip the models anyway and I don't need the cards as I have the MKII deck, so if you just want to rinse them off I am cool with that. I can send you some extra cards if you need for models I don't have or have too many cards for as well if you like. I would really like to push forward on this trade if we can. And will not let the state of the models effect my feedback of you.

Ed

Sent: Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:19 am
by eddie
its not just the brown gunk thats off them its the fact that their broken. The swords have very thin handles and those all snapped. The arms were also torn of so i;m trying to get the gunk off and reglue it but it aint really working but its the same story for the rest of my infantry...I would like to trade as well (since my pVlad list requires desetroyers) but i dont tihnk i can trade right now im sorry man i really am =/ i hate getting our hopes up just for this to happen to my basement, at least it was better then freezing rain knocking out my power for a couple weeks 2 years ago...
~eddie

Sent: Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:29 am
by NYCowboy
you got some bad luck where you live. I made a few trades and turned some down based on thinking that I was going through with this trade. So I want to do what I can to work this out as i kinda want those beserkers and iron fangs. Can you send me some pics and I will see if I can't fix the damage. I was replacing all the pike shafts anyway and if the blades need some work I am ok with greenstuff and pinning.

Ed

Sent: Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:44 pm
by NYCowboy
I just wanted to check in and see of you got to take some photos or not.

Ed

Sent: Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:05 pm
by NYCowboy
Eddie,

I just wanted to check in and see of you were able to get those photos taken of the models or get them fixed up at all. I would really like to see the damage to see if I want to move forward with this trade. I am still willing to trade for the damaged models, mainly as long as they are not to far gone we can move forward.

Ed

Sent: Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:47 pm
by NYCowboy
Eddie,

This is my last pm before I take this over to the Deadbeats & Backouts forum. I have not heard from you since last Wednesday despite multiple pm's from me to you. I am starting to question if the miniatures are damaged at all, and if you are just trying to back out of the trade. please get back to me so we can resolve these issues so I do not need to escalate this to the forums I would not want to give you a bad reputation if this is nothing more then a misunderstanding.

Ed

I know he had received my last set of messages but I have not seen him online since 12-22-10. Since nothing was exchanged there is really nothing I can do from here I just wanted to let people know that he did back out I feel.

Return to “Deadbeats & Backouts”