Backout: Snake_Plissken

They're not Bad Traders per se but they are REALLY annoying. Tell us about them here. READ THE RULES.

Moderator: Moderators

getupandgo ( 786 )
Expert Trader

Backout: Snake_Plissken

Post by getupandgo »

Over a month with no contact... I have a bunch of stuff on hold for him, and have had to pass on one offer for some of it, because I was waiting for this package from him in the mail, which is frustrating.

Reverse order, pretty straight forward.

Re: H: Necromunda Cityfight Terrain
Sent: Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:05 pm
by getupandgo

Snake, if I don't hear from you in the next week or so, I'm going to have to post a back-out on this. Please get in touch and let me know what's going on.
Anton
Sent: Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:17 am
by getupandgo

Snake_Plissken wrote:
Just an update. The package is too heavy for my home scale, so I'll have to swing by the post office when I am out Friday. I'll PM you the DC #.

Snake

Snake,
Please let me know what's going on with this. Is it in the mail? I haven't received anything and I haven't heard from you.
Sent: Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:21 pm
by getupandgo

Snake_Plissken wrote:
Just an update. The package is too heavy for my home scale, so I'll have to swing by the post office when I am out Friday. I'll PM you the DC #.

Snake

Please get back in touch with me and let me know what's going on with this.

Thanks!

Sent: Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:25 pm
by Snake_Plissken

Snake
Sent: Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:37 pm
by getupandgo

Snake_Plissken wrote:
Sounds good. If you do paint them up let me see how they turn out.

Meanwhile, I'll buy some online and let you know how they work for containers, in case you think you can use them that way on one of your own projects.

My address is:

*edited*

How do you want to do this? You have much higher references, so I figure I ship with DC and you ship as soon as the DC number registers?

Snake

Snake,
I'll get you pictures once they're painted up.

That's fine... I usually wait to ship until I get a package and confirm the contents, but I can ship upon receipt of the DC if you'd prefer.

Sent: Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:30 am
by Snake_Plissken

Sounds good. If you do paint them up let me see how they turn out.

Meanwhile, I'll buy some online and let you know how they work for containers, in case you think you can use them that way on one of your own projects.

My address is:

*edited*

How do you want to do this? You have much higher references, so I figure I ship with DC and you ship as soon as the DC number registers?

Snake
Sent: Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:15 am
by getupandgo

Snake_Plissken wrote:
Hey,

I sent the pictures and haven't heard from you in a few days.

Wondering what you thought.

Snake

Hey Snake,
Let's just stick to the original trade for now. I actually have someone who might want me to build and paint the battletech terrain for them at my LGS, and pay me a good amount for it... So I think I'm going to do that...

So:
the medieval terrain, the necromunda books, and a few epic figures (let me know if you wanted something in specific)

for the 2 pieces of necromunda terrain.

Please make sure they're packed very well, as I don't want them to get damaged in shipping.

You can send them to:

*edited*

Thanks for the trade!

Sent: Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:44 am
by Snake_Plissken

Hey,

I sent the pictures and haven't heard from you in a few days.

Wondering what you thought.

Snake
Sent: Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:42 am
by Snake_Plissken

Sorry for how long that took. Here are a lot of pics.

We have opposite problems. You have too much unfinished painted stuff, I like to make terrain and paint miniatures but I don't play much. Honestly, the more you take the more space I have free. Heck, some of the unfinished/unpainted stuff I get from you may end up heading back t you eventually in a trade once I paint it all up.

Anywho, here are the pictures, and the terrain you've already said you want is already packed up for you.

So you know, any crates, barrels and such you see are NOT glued down, as I understand they might need to be moved around for variety. The guns and such you se on top of the crates are mostly glued to the crates.

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g246/ ... GP5753.jpg

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g246/ ... GP5750.jpg

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g246/ ... GP5749.jpg

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g246/ ... GP5760.jpg

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g246/ ... GP4781.jpg

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g246/ ... GP4782.jpg

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g246/ ... GP5233.jpg

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g246/ ... 0_3931.jpg

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g246/ ... GP5232.jpg

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g246/ ... GP5241.jpg

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g246/ ... GP5250.jpg

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g246/ ... GP5248.jpg

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g246/ ... GP5238.jpg

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g246/ ... GP4745.jpg

Also keep in mind I do custom jobs.

Snake
Sent: Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:54 pm
by Snake_Plissken

I'll have them for you in a couple of hours.
Sent: Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:59 am
by getupandgo

Snake_Plissken wrote:
That sounds like a good deal.

Now, about the 6mm terrain, what would you say that is worth to you? I have some objectives that match the terrain and a couple of building ruins plus a ton of resin scenics. Maybe we could work something out to add those Battletech buildings? (I've looked at them a couple more times and I am getting some good ideas for them.)

I'll photograph the objectives and whatnot and send you a link.

Any word on pictures of the other terrain? Please let me know...
Thanks!

Sent: Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:42 pm
by getupandgo

Snake_Plissken wrote:

Now, about the 6mm terrain, what would you say that is worth to you? I have some objectives that match the terrain and a couple of building ruins plus a ton of resin scenics. Maybe we could work something out to add those Battletech buildings? (I've looked at them a couple more times and I am getting some good ideas for them.)

Send me pictures of whatever else you've got... Finished stuff would be great. I seem to have more stuff than time to ever paint it.

Sent: Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:16 pm
by Snake_Plissken

Sent: Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:02 pm
by getupandgo

How about the medieval terrain, the necromunda books, and a few epic figures for you to paint? Let me know how that sounds. The terrain was quite expensive when I got it, but that was some time ago, and I don't think it's held it's value all that well to be honest.

Let me know

Snake_Plissken wrote:
What I saw that was interesting was:

That medieval terrain. (I have a soft spot for that older look for gaming stuff.)

The Necromunda books

The 6mm Terrain (I think I could convert some of that into containers and such for 25mm)

PS2 and games (Depending on the games)

Two or three epic figures, doesn't matter what, I just don't have any and I would like some smaller guys for a sort of puppet master miniature I am making

Any sort of bits.

We can work on any combination thereof, it's sort of listed in my order of interest.
Sent: Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:38 pm
by Snake_Plissken

What I saw that was interesting was:

That medieval terrain. (I have a soft spot for that older look for gaming stuff.)

The Necromunda books

The 6mm Terrain (I think I could convert some of that into containers and such for 25mm)

PS2 and games (Depending on the games)

Two or three epic figures, doesn't matter what, I just don't have any and I would like some smaller guys for a sort of puppet master miniature I am making

Any sort of bits.

We can work on any combination thereof, it's sort of listed in my order of interest.
Sent: Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:59 pm
by getupandgo

Snake_Plissken wrote:
I'm open to trades r selling. I don't really have anything that I can think of that I need. I don't play Warhammer but I do collect miniatures and board games.

What did you have in mind?

I have a fairly extensive list, I just made an updated post right now and I'll link you to it:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=123707

Let me know if you see something that you're interested in.

Sent: Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:39 pm
by Snake_Plissken

I'm open to trades r selling. I don't really have anything that I can think of that I need. I don't play Warhammer but I do collect miniatures and board games.

What did you have in mind?
Sent: Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:26 pm
by getupandgo

Snake_Plissken wrote:
It's just the two pieces. The two story apartment has a fully detailed interior and all in all the piece has about three dozen resin scenic pieces, none of them glued down, so you can use them as you like.

The $200 price tag is a bit high, and leaves a *lot* of room for negotiation.

Also, if you were to want a whole table like this, we could arrange that.

Are you interested in trades, or just selling? Let me know.
Sent: Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:23 pm
by Snake_Plissken

It's just the two pieces. The two story apartment has a fully detailed interior and all in all the piece has about three dozen resin scenic pieces, none of them glued down, so you can use them as you like.

The $200 price tag is a bit high, and leaves a *lot* of room for negotiation.

Also, if you were to want a whole table like this, we could arrange that.
Sent: Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:13 pm
by getupandgo

Subject: H: Necromunda Cityfight Terrain

Snake_Plissken wrote:
Looking for around $200, willing to negotiate. There's tons of detail, a dozen barrels and crates, a multi-level apartment building, and much more.

Shipping will be determined by location.

More detailed pictures upon request.

Is it just the two pieces? Or is there more that wasn't shown in the picture posted?
Always ship with delivery confirmation, I do the same.

Rating of less than 100 (or with no known traders)? You ship first (for trades and purchases), otherwise, we can ship simultaneously.

YOU must ship your package; not your wife, friend, lover, cousin, or dog. If you are not able to ship packages yourself, then please don't work out a deal with me.
Snake_Plissken ( -4 )
Trade Novice

Re: Backout: Snake_Plissken

Post by Snake_Plissken »

I'm sorry you had to pass up some trades because you were holding those items for me. This is my first time back to BT since then. I had a death in the family and had to head back to my hometown and that just led to a bunch of other stuff that really doesn't need to be mentioned.

Suffice it to say that I didn't intentionally ignore the deal, I honestly just forgot all about it with what I was dealing with.
getupandgo ( 786 )
Expert Trader

Post by getupandgo »

I got in touch with Snake on Thursday, and he said that he still has the items and is going to be sending them to me.

I gave him my address again, and hopefully, he'll come through with his end of things this time.

We shall see.

Rating of less than 100 (or with no known traders)? You ship first (for trades and purchases), otherwise, we can ship simultaneously.

YOU must ship your package; not your wife, friend, lover, cousin, or dog. If you are not able to ship packages yourself, then please don't work out a deal with me.
getupandgo ( 786 )
Expert Trader

Post by getupandgo »

A week with no contact, even though he logged in and read 2 PMs from me... I'm assuming that he's backing out AGAIN.

Oh well. Just let this serve as a warning to anyone dealing with Snake_Plissken.

getupandgo ( 786 )
Expert Trader

Post by getupandgo »

After weeks of not answering, Snake sent me a PM saying he was going to send the package out on Monday morning.

I sent him a PM asking if it had gone out, and this was his reply:

[quote]
It didn't.

It seems to me that you care only about getting your items, and really have no interest in trying to right the bad feedback I've been given. Honestly, if I had a guarantee that it would be handled, I'd have sent, but honestly the course of events seem that they will go somehting to the order of me sending the items, we complete the deal, and for a deal in which we both got out items I still end up with a below zero feedback.

You weren't out anything physical, I am sure it was an annoyance not to have received your items, but even knowing why I hadn't sent them originally you are fine with my reputation being ruined here. Sure, I could ask every person interested in a trade to message you and check, but the fact is that with a -4 I doubt I'll be getting any inquiries anyway.

You scarred my rep over a trade gone bad, so that's what I'm calling it, a trade gone bad. I'm breaking it clean here and thanks to the way that one person's decision plummeted my score, I'll just have to use Bartertown in the limited capacity afforded me, likely just sending people cash via paypal to make purchases. It's a shame but I'll just have to deal with it, and rely on the compiled transcripts to tell people the story of what happened.

It's a shame, for both of us. I'd prefer there were some way to set it straight, but that would take mutual action.[quote]

Apparently, I'm the one to blame for his bad reputation here, after I've given him a 2nd chance to make this right.

So he's claiming that it's my fault that he has a -4 rating here now, and that he wanted me to clean it up (by contacting the admins) BEFORE he even shipped me the items that he had promised not once, but twice...

This is an extremely unusual circumstance, but I wanted to make people aware that he backed out on me two times now (granted, on the same trade)... and it's a bit ridiculous.

Forsaken Poptart ( 578 )
Millenium Trader

Post by Forsaken Poptart »

Were you the one who left him a bad feedback?
Do I owe you a trade ref? Remind me- sometimes I forget!
Awaiting trade refs from: tristym, yazaran

If you don't have your Location listed, take a second and update it!

-I respond within 48 hours unless utterly incapable. Please do the same. Any offer I make stands for that long as well.
-Lower rating? You ship/pay first. Same goes for me.

'How Much for...?' messages will no longer be replied to at all. I've been nice about it, now I'm done.
Snake_Plissken ( -4 )
Trade Novice

Post by Snake_Plissken »

I've said what I have to say to Getupandgo, and I have no intention of arguing this point any further. The entire point of this forum is to have fun, save some money, and enjoy our hobbies.

However, I feel that I need to make a statement to those who are reading this.
I never asked him to have the bad feedback withdrawn before I shipped the items, I asked him to contact the admins and see if ti was possible, that way I would know what to expect.

I had no intention of completing a deal which I had received bad feedback for and having the bad feedback stand. I had completed other deals with positive feedback, and one backout had somehow plummeted me into the negatives. A backout for legitimate reasons, reasons already stated in this thread. Bottom line was he showed no interest in anything than just getting his stuff, and since he already left feedback as a backout, that it what I was going to leave it as.

No one lost any property, there were no monetary damages, but somehow it still tanked my feedback to negative four. Hopefully anyone in the future will see this thread, understand that I have held up my end on all trades save for one, and the one I did back out on was due to outside circumstances. Yes, I could have sent a message stating so, but honestly it never crossed my mind. Gaming and anything else seemed trivial in the light of what had happened.

And when I did state the reasons, mentioned my loss, I received "So if you're serious about what your issues were, let's finish the trade..."

By that statement, somehow if I didn't finish the trade I wasn't serious about the death of someone I cared a great deal for.

I decided I didn't want to complete the deal for all of the reasons mentioned above, and won't be posting any more deal or responding to any more deals until I am sure that I can complete them. I haven't posted any since then, and I won't until I am ready.

Thank you for reading, and good luck with all of your trades.
getupandgo ( 786 )
Expert Trader

Post by getupandgo »

Snake_Plissken wrote:I've said what I have to say to Getupandgo, and I have no intention of arguing this point any further. The entire point of this forum is to have fun, save some money, and enjoy our hobbies.

However, I feel that I need to make a statement to those who are reading this.
I never asked him to have the bad feedback withdrawn before I shipped the items, I asked him to contact the admins and see if ti was possible, that way I would know what to expect.

I had no intention of completing a deal which I had received bad feedback for and having the bad feedback stand. I had completed other deals with positive feedback, and one backout had somehow plummeted me into the negatives. A backout for legitimate reasons, reasons already stated in this thread. Bottom line was he showed no interest in anything than just getting his stuff, and since he already left feedback as a backout, that it what I was going to leave it as.

No one lost any property, there were no monetary damages, but somehow it still tanked my feedback to negative four. Hopefully anyone in the future will see this thread, understand that I have held up my end on all trades save for one, and the one I did back out on was due to outside circumstances. Yes, I could have sent a message stating so, but honestly it never crossed my mind. Gaming and anything else seemed trivial in the light of what had happened.

And when I did state the reasons, mentioned my loss, I received "So if you're serious about what your issues were, let's finish the trade..."

By that statement, somehow if I didn't finish the trade I wasn't serious about the death of someone I cared a great deal for.

I decided I didn't want to complete the deal for all of the reasons mentioned above, and won't be posting any more deal or responding to any more deals until I am sure that I can complete them. I haven't posted any since then, and I won't until I am ready.

Thank you for reading, and good luck with all of your trades.
The issue Snake, is that you told m e that you would ship the package AGAIN, and you failed to do so, and then you came up with an excuse as to why it was my fault that you already had negative feedback. I left you that feedback back in December... Not recently.

You told me, as recently as this week (Sunday) that you would be shipping.

When I asked you for confirmation on Monday, and then again on Tuesday (as I could see that you read my message) you THEN decided that you weren't going to be shipping to me as you had promised me.

That makes you unworthy of dealing with in my opinion.

You couldn't even be bothered to follow through with things, and then acted indignant, as if I had done something wrong, even though I had given you a second chance to make things right.

You showed that you only cared about your rating, and not about your word...

MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

At this point, we're no longer looking at a backout report. We're now looking at an argument.

As this thread's served it's purpose and can do nothing further but cause more trouble/ill will, I'm going to go ahead and lock it up.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.

Return to “Deadbeats & Backouts”