Daggermouth - Backout

They're not Bad Traders per se but they are REALLY annoying. Tell us about them here. READ THE RULES.

Moderator: Moderators

bebe ( 58 )
Journeyman Trader

Daggermouth - Backout

Post by bebe »

So I lost a few offers and now have to relist. Let's review

Original thread

Okay. Let's get to the conditions first.

1) I live in Toronto Canada. I've packaged the models in two boxes and they are HEAVY. So unless you are picking them up shipping will be around 75 dollars.

2) I have never played WM/Hordes. I have tried to list the models accurately but I could have a few errors ( 90% of the list is accurate for sure). The models are assembled, some primed, some NIB and the battlebox was a painted trade ( four or five models). All these models were bought or traded for. I've decided not to play WM/Hordes so grab a bargain.

3) As I have no idea what the lot is worth you Troll players can calculate 50% off and make an offer. I ONLY will accept money order or check (certified preferable). I'll take the best one. ( I’ve been told it’s well over 1000 dollars now)

4) Please check my refs. I'm a good trader and communicator. If I make a mistake in the listing because I'm unfamiliar with Trolls do not bite my head off. I'm sure you will get double the payment in retail value so if I'm off a models or two don't go nuts on me, lol. Just email me - anything can be worked out. You might get more than what I've listed and I'm not going to ask for extra. If you are picking up we can open the boxes and you can check the product. You will be pleased.

5) I'm NOT repeat NOT breaking this lot up under any circumstances. It's just too hard for me at the price I'm asking.

OKAY - that done ...

-Faction Deck
-Madrak Ironhide
-Grim Angus
-pDoomshaper
-eDoomshaper
-Grissel Bloodsong
-Borka
-GunnBjorn
-Calandra
-Mulg, the Ancient
-Troll Impaler x 2
-Troll Axer
-Troll Mauler
-Dire Troll Blitzer
-EBDT
-Pyre Troll
-Dire Troll Bomber
-Winter Troll
-Slag Troll
-Runebearer
-Trollkin Champions
-Trollkin Champion Hero
-Kriel Stone Bearer and Scribes
-Trollkin Runeshapers
-Trollkin Whelps
-Trollkin Long Riders (Leader and 2 Grunts)
- Horthol, Long Rider Champion
-Trollkin Scattergunners
-Krielstone Stone Scribe Elder
-Fell Caller x 2
-Pyg Burrowers
-Fennblades
-Full Kreil Warriors w/ UA
-Caber Thrower x 2
-Thumper Crew
-Bog Trog Ambushers
-Stonescribe Chronicler
-Pyg Bushwackers
-Fell Caller Hero
-Swamp Gobbers
-Primal Evolution
-G9 dice tin and tokens

I would love to get these out before XMas of course. So guys - help me out!

Sent: Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:55 pm
by Daggermouth
Hey, I see you recieved an offer so I may as well throw one in too. I can't afford to pay 50% for the whole lot + $75 for shipping, so my offer is $450 (including shipping). I know you'll probably get a better offer, but that's what I can afford.

Thanks,

Ian
Sent: Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:03 pm
by bebe
I'll keep it in mind. I've got a few tentative offers so far but nothing solid.

Sent: Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:03 pm
by bebe
Thank you. If you paid 450 now ( money order ) and payed an additional 60 dollars sometime in January and 50 dollars sometime in February we could make a deal. LMK.
Sent: Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:19 pm
by Daggermouth
Does some one else have a better offer in? I don't rally want to get into splitting payment up, only because I'd like to get the transaction paid and done. What if I gave you $500 now and we meet in the middle? Do you take paypal? I could have the money in your account when I get home from work tonight.
Sent: Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:29 pm
by bebe
I could take 520 dollars as my lowest amount ( shipping is costing me 70+ to the States ). I can take payment by money order (prefer) or Western Union transfer - we are both covered that way.
I know you will be happy with the amount of Trolls and extras you will getting.
Sent: Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:09 pm
by Daggermouth
Alrighty. Done! If you'd prefer a money order I can certainly send one to you. What's your address? I'd like for the package to arrive during a weekday and asap if that's possible. Do you want to wait until you recieve the money order before you ship or can I email you a confirmation to expedite the shipping process? Thanks again for working with me on this!

-Ian
<<<AT THIS POINT I NOTIFIED OTHER BUYERS THAT IT WAS SOLD AND ADJUSTED MY POST >>>

Sent: Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:33 am
by bebe
I'm guessing around twenty per package. I'll see if I can ship from work by messenger express. That would cost about 90 dollars total so an extra twenty. It would take two or three days. So it would be 540 instead OF 520. I misquoted in the last email

Models $450
Shipping $70

Total $520

With messenger $540 LMK

My address is:

Paul Shriar
133 Erskine Ave Apt 703
Toronto Ontario M4P 1Y8
Canada

Be aware that post to and from Canada takes some time. I've waited over two weeks for packages from the States. Everything is packaged up. As soon as the money order arrives I will send you shipping notification.

I think it's a fair price - 470 for models and books and 70 for shipping. I have split the shipment into two parcels - it would be very heavy and cost more in one larger parcel. Thank you for your patience in working this out with me.

Paul

My telephone number is: [Edited by Admin for your security. You're welcome. : ) ] - call with any questions any evening.
Sent: Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:07 am
by Daggermouth
Is there any way to confirm that number before i get the money order? I'm planning on going to the bank tomorrow before work (I work nights) and I'd like to have an accurate shipping total. It seems silly that given the short geographic distance between Toronto and NYC that the standard mail would take 2 weeks, but I'd like to get the package next week if at all possible. Thanks again for keeping communication open and being flexible with me.
Sent: Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:18 am
by bebe
It actually is a bit higher for shipping but I can take $540 as I've gone overt your budget already. That's if you want the two packages expedited. Otherwise 520 and wait for them. I would be sending them out either Monday or Thursday depending on when your money order arrives. Canada post is notoriously slow. I bet your letter takes four days min to arrive. If you leave me your telephone number I'll call as soon as the money is in hand.
I'll need your telephone number if I use the courier and I'll need to know someone is around to accept the package.
Sent: Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:06 am
by Daggermouth
Right on. If it arrives during the day (and I known what day it's coming) I can be at home to accept the packages. I'd rather go the faster shipping route. I'll send the $540 money order tomorrow morning in hopes that it gets to you asap! My number is [Edited by Admin for Daggermouth's security. You're welcome. : ) ].

Thanks again!
Sent: Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:57 pm
by Daggermouth
Ok, so, I have a problem. My wife saw these messages and had an absolute melt down. She had only agreed to me spending $400 to build this army, I pushed the envelope by offering $450 in the first place. I figured that if I was already spending $450 on an army, spending the extra hundred bucks to assure I didn't have to buy anything else wasn't a big deal.... she did not agree. So, I can only offer the original $450 total. I am so so so sorry about this. If you had a better offer, I would completely understand you completing the deal with someone else. If you still want to sell it to me, you would of course be free to ship the boxes however you wanted.

Once again, I am so sorry about this.

Best,

Ian
Sent: Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:01 am
by bebe
This is a problem now as I've lost my other buyer. I could wait for the extra 70 dollars a month or so though. Then you can send 450 now nad I'll ship the lot with the 70 dollars to follow late January or February under your wife's radar. We do have an agreement and I'm flexible with payments but not the amount. LMK.

<<<OKAY - PROBABLY NOT THOUGHT OUT WELL ON MY PART. JUST TESTING THE WATERS HERE. MY WIFE WAS NOT AMUSED!>>>
Sent: Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:25 am
To: bebe
Two questions: what was the other buyer's offer? Did you try and contact them since this morning? I gotta be honest with you, I'm not going to try and sneak anything under her radar again. Little metal men aren't worth causing this much dissention in my marriage. You've gotta understand that. So once again, I'm very sorry about this, but I have to hold to what I said this morning. I can take it or leave it, but I really can't spend more than $450. I understand if you dont want to take my offer, hell, I even understand if you're just pissed off at me and don't want to proceed. Once again man, I'm really really sorry. I can send a money order out tomorrow if you still want to proceed, but if you don't I totally understand.

-Ian
<<<I FEEL A LITTLE MISLEAD NOW AND DEALING WITH SOMEONE WHO HAS NO REFS, I FIND MYSELF STARTING FROM SCRATCH LISTING MY ARMY >>>
Daggermouth ( 72 )
Journeyman Trader

Re: Daggermouth - Backout

Post by Daggermouth »

The part of our conversation that you didnt post in this was the first message i sent you where i said that i would be interested in buying pieces of the army if you didn't get any offers. i knew then that I probably couldn't make a conpetative offer on the whole lot given my budget. I just wanted you to know I was interested. I saw that one person had pm'ed you regarding the army so I put in an offer at the cieling of my budget (couldnt hurt to try right?). When you responded to me i figured that my offer must have been better than the other offers you got (otherwise you would not have responded to me and would have simply gone with the other bidder). I was trying to go beyond my budget to work with you on the price, and I got caught. As a married man yourself I figured you'd understand my side of the situation. Obviously not. Once the incident happened I told you immediately. My original offer stood, and I tried to explain the situation to you. Like I said, I'm sorry I had to go back to my original offer, but I doubt that in the ONE DAY this whole conversation happened that all the other bidders suddenly decided they didn't want to buy the army any more. Sorry again, but I've completed many good trades, but I guess the people I traded with just didn't give me references.
bebe ( 58 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by bebe »

I understand your situation. But you made the agreement. As it happens posting the complaint brought in an offer better than yours. I would not have dropped our agreement to accept it as I keep mine. However, that is not the point. If you agree to terms you keep them here. You don't back track to a previous offer that has already been refused. And yews I lost two buyers on Dakka but thankfully I've been bailed out here.

Feel free to dispute my assertaions. That is what the forums are for. I just posted the information and the first PM was not relevant. I have no problem with you posting it at all.

The fact that I'm also married also has no bearing on the situation. If you cannot complete an agreement than do not make one. I don't care that it all took place over two or three days. I deleted the original post and I was left holding the bag. I hope you understand my position on this.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

And yews I lost two buyers on Dakka but thankfully I've been bailed out here.
Where did this PM conversation between you two happen? Here, or Dakka?

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
bebe ( 58 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by bebe »

Here on B-Town. I've always favored B-Town buyers and sellers first. I feel it is well moderated.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

bebe wrote:Here on B-Town. I've always favored B-Town buyers and sellers first. I feel it is well moderated.
Nobody likes a kiss-up, bebe!
;)

Since the agreement was reached on BTownthe PM history shows that Daggermouth backed out, and Daggermouth doesn't dispute that he backed out, the thread is a legitimate report.
No reason to leave it open.
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.

Return to “Deadbeats & Backouts”