Patton1942 Backout/Waste of Time

They're not Bad Traders per se but they are REALLY annoying. Tell us about them here. READ THE RULES.

Moderator: Moderators

shenlung ( 190 )
Journeyman Trader

Patton1942 Backout/Waste of Time

Post by shenlung »

Well, it was bound to happen eventually. Rick agreed to sell me the Orlock gang he'd posted for sale and then never delivered. I'm not out any money as he agreed to ship first based on rating. I don't believe Rick was completely honest and I would urge anyone who trades with him to exercise appropriate caution. Researching his feedback under current username (Patton1942), previous username (Patton), and his real name (Rick Dunn) doesn't instill me with the overwhelming feeling he's on the up and up. I won't bother to speculate on what really happened to those Orlocks, as it's just not that big of a deal.

I won't be trading with him in the future and I would just urge anyone who does to use caution.

My initial inquiry regarding his ad:
Re: Orlock gang plus 4 blister
Sent: Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:11 am
by shenlung

Hey there -

Just want to clarify - this is the original Necromunda Orlock box set (8 figs) plus four additional blisters or four additional figures from blisters? I'm reading it as four additional blisters, but again, I just want to be sure.

Are all the figs NIB?

Where are you located? I'm guessing if you're stateside you could get them all into a small flat-rate Priority box w/o too much trouble.

I'm definitely interested. If you could clarify the exact description/contents/condition, I am sure we can hammer something out.

Cheers!
Subject: Orlock gang plus 4 blister
Patton1942 wrote:
Hi I have 1 NIB Orlock gang plus 4 blister : Heavy stubber.juves,Heavy bolter,ganger

Asking $35 plus shipping.
His response:
Sent: Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:15 am
by Patton1942

Hi yes this is the box set with 8 figs and 4 blisters with 2 figs in 2 of them and 1 fig in the other two the bolter and stubber all are new in Box or Blister. these are the older box set not the new ones.

Thanks
My initial offer to purchase:
Sent: Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:33 am
by shenlung

Excellent! I am more partial to the original Orlock models myself, so that's great!

You're asking $35 for the figs + shipping, so how about $42 shipped via priority with delivery confirmation, on the presumption that you're stateside?

I'm not particular about the figs actually being in the blisters, so if you remove them and put them in ziploc baggies to make the whole works fit into a small flat-rate box, that is fine by me.

I can make payment to you via paypal or money order, whichever you prefer. Based on relative feedback levels, I would ask you to ship first. I hope that won't present a problem.

I am willing to buy the gang from you if you're willing to sell 'em. My address is:
Anthony Stoner
**Address Edit**
**City Edit**

If that works for you, PM me your address and payment preference and I'll prepare on my end.

Cheers,
Tony
Rick's acceptance:
Sent: Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:27 am
by Patton1942

Hi Ok I send out the figs this weekend will let you know would like a m.o for paymet my address is

Rick Dunn
**Address Edit**
Cleveland,Ohio 44102

Thanks
My confirmation of his acceptace:
Sent: Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:25 am
by shenlung

Hey Rick,

That sounds great. I will get a money order put together for you. I'll PM you right away when the figs arrive - I live a few blocks away from our post office, so the MO will go out pretty much right away in return.

Cheers!
Tony
A question about packing, already past the date he said he would ship:
Sent: Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:50 pm
by Patton1942

Hi sorry for the delay but your figs will be mailed by Sat. do you want the box that the orlock gang is in or can I just put all the figs in a baggie? let me know so I can get these out to you.

Thanks

Rick
My response:
Sent: Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:06 pm
by shenlung

If the Orlock box will fit into the small priority box, I would like it. If it won't, though, don't worry about it.

Saturday is fine - I'll keep an eye out for it and let you know right away when it comes in.

Thanks,
Tony
Two and 1/2 weeks go by with no package and no contact:
Sent: Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:44 am
by shenlung

Hey Rick,

Just wondering if you'd had a chance to send the orlock figs out yet - it's been a couple weeks since we last traded PMs and I haven't heard from you since or seen a package arrive in my mailbox. Any updates?

Thanks,
Tony
Rick's response to my inquiry:
Sent: Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:25 pm
by Patton1942

Hi Sorry I thought I had sent them out I mailed a lot of stuff will have to send them this week my bad will let you know when there out.

Thanks
Two more weeks go by with no package or contact:
Sent: Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:53 am
by shenlung

Good morning -

Just wondering if you'd had a chance to mail those Orlock figs out yet. It's been another couple weeks since we last talked and I haven't seen anything pop up in the mail.

Any updates would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Tony
At this point, I haven't heard anything in two weeks and haven't seen the promised package of minis in over a month. The PM is read within a day or two of me sending it out, so I know that Rick is on BT and has read the message.

Another week and a half later:
Sent: Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:48 am
by shenlung

Rick -

Since it's been about another week and a half since I last PM'd you and still no package nor any PMs in reply with an explanation, I'm forced to assume you either are not selling the Orlocks or sold them to someone else.

It appears at this point that you've backed out of our agreement and I'll be posting a report to that effect in the appropriate forum.

Regards,
Tony
Rick is mighty eager to respond to that:
Sent: Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:33 am
by Patton1942

Hi I been working 2 jobs and just had surgery on my shoulder so no I did not ship the figs so post what you want I don't have time to ship when I work alot and been in the hospital.

Bye.
My final response before contacting a Mod:
Sent: Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:02 pm
by shenlung

I understand that life gets hectic at times, but you've obviously had time to log in to BT and read PMs. At nearly 6 weeks into waiting with no communication or delivered goods, a simple message would have been nice. Given you were already here reading PMs, it shouldn't have been much hassle either.

Anyway, best of luck to you in your future trades.
So, there you have it. I'm out some time spent waiting, but at least I didn't send him any money.
Communication and more communication. You really can't over-communicate when working out a deal.

I shoot for the "fair" deal - meaning you get a better price than commonly available online pricing and I get a better price than giving my stuff away. Everybody wins.

Leave feedback. It helps build the BT community. It's the polite thing to do. If I owe you a ref - please PM details so I can fix that oversight.
People I have left feedback for and am awaiting a return ref: No one
starslayer ( 560 )
Millenium Trader

Re: Patton1942 Backout/Waste of Time

Post by starslayer »

[Inappropriate commentary removed.]

Folks, don't make comments on backout reports! If you have something valuable to add, then do so (links to posts showing a history of these actions, etc.).
Comments about what should and should not happen to someone are inappropriate. Especially when you do not have complete information.
-Admin

Return to “Deadbeats & Backouts”