wiccan351 Backout

They're not Bad Traders per se but they are REALLY annoying. Tell us about them here. READ THE RULES.

Moderator: Moderators

Dakkar98 ( 688 )
Bartertown Watchman

wiccan351 Backout

Post by Dakkar98 »

Dakkar98 wrote:Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:30 am
Subject: Looking to get a complete set of Second Edition 40k.
wiccan351 wrote:I am looking to reaquant myself with the second edition of 40k. I am for a complete set of the rule books and cards for second. I do not need any of the figures or anything. Just the rule books, vehicle data cards, accessory cards, spell cards, strategy cards and any other cards for the game. I dont care the condition of the stuff as long as they are complete and still readable and usable. I am not looking to pay an arm and leg for the stuff, but will pay a reasonable price. I would also be interested in selected army codexes. I am looking for angels of death codex (for the blood angels), chaos, space marine and possibly eldar.

Please shoot me a message with what you have to offer and we can work out a deal. Please aslo be from the USA as shipping is alot easier and cheaper from inside the USA.

Gary
I have a complete set of the 40k Second edition with the Dark Millenium Supplement and most if not all of the additional datafaxes that were released in White Dwarf. All in new condition (I played about 2 games of second edition).

What do you consider a reasonable price not including shipping?

LMK,
wiccan351 wrote:Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:59 am
Man, I really dont know what a reasonable price would be for them. I have been trying to price them on ebay, but no one is selling any so I dont know. I would love to say original retail, but I know that wont happen. If possible I would love to stay under a $100.00 (if possible), but it is your stuff so how much is it worth to you? I know that when I sold all of my second edition stuff (stupidly!!!) a year and a half ago, I sold it for a little over than $100 and it was in mint condition. So you tell me what it is worth, what you would be willing to let it go for and we will work something out.

Gary
Dakkar98 wrote:Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:41 am
Gary,
This set is in mint condition as well. As I said I only played like 2 games of 40K back then. I was mainly a collector, I still am. All of the vehicle datafaxes and wargear cards that were cut out of the white dwarfs and codexes were laminated to make them as sturdy as the full cardstock ones. Everthing has been sitting on the shelf in the box for the better part of 15 years.
I also have the Ultramarines, Angels of Death and Eldar Codex that I am willing to part with. With the exception of 1/2 a page from the Ultramarines Codex, the laminated cards and Datafaxes did not come from these codexes. I picked them up from someone else.

LMK,
Damon
wiccan351 wrote:Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:32 pm
Ok, so you have a very good set with everything I want. Do you have the figures that came with it? I dont need them or want them, but the way you talk about what you have I thought you might. If I remember right, the original box came with a squad of single pose marines and a small mob of single pose orks. I think the marines even came with a cardboard picture of a dreadnought and the orks had one of a ork dread. Like I said though, I am not interested in any of them, but the books and cards.

For a price, I have tried researching the stuff on ebay to get an idea of prices. I found a dark millenium set that went for $30 (only one though so no average), didnt find any sales of the main game. I have seen the codexes go for anything from $10 to $20 (depending on conditions). So since I cant seem to find any price ranges for the main game, I will throw a price out there and we can go from there. How about $125 plus shipping costs? Let me know what you think of this offer.

Gary
Dakkar98 wrote:Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:18 pm
Gary,
I was thinking closer to $150.00 plus the shipping cost. I can ship it all book rate to save you a little there.

LMK,
wiccan351 wrote:Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:17 pm
Mind if I take a couple of days to think about it and check my finances out to make sure I can afford it?
Dakkar98 wrote:Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:35 am
Gary,
Take your time. If the price ends up being closer to $125.00, then so be it. The codexes are in mint condition as well.
If you want I can try and send you some pics, but I need to find the charger cord for my camera.

LMK,
wiccan351 wrote:Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:55 am
Now, I can do the $125 for it all. I get a check for working an part time job that is that amount, that is my mad money. I could do that and add some for shipping. I was just thinking, $150 plus shipping was going to put me too far into my bill money to be a good thing for more "toys" as my wife puts it. let me know what you can do for shipping, you dont have to ship priority or fedex or anything fancy. Just go with something that will be cheap and still get everything to me, lol. Also are you the same person I talked to a couple of months ago about a guy that posted neg trade references about me because I did about him falling through on his half of trade? No big deal, your name just sounded familar (that and I see it on the board all the time, lol).

Gary
Dakkar98 wrote:Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:18 am
Gary,
I'll try to figure out how much postage will be, but it will probably be Tuesday before I can get to the post office.
In the mean time, for payment I accept US Postal Money Order or PayPal Personal Transfer: Other ONLY.
Which would you be using?
If you are going to use a Money Order I'll definitely get an estimate on the postage first.
If you are going to use Paypal You could send me the $125.00 now, I'll ship it and let you know the exact cost, then you can use Paypal for the postage.

Send me your address and, if you don't mind, your e-mail.

LMK,
wiccan351 wrote:Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:36 pm
I think I will most likely use a postal money order. My wife has a paypal account, but she has the password for it (wonder if she doesnt trust me with it or something, lol). Also send me your address so I can get the money order ready. I will let you know when I get it in the mail.

My address:
Gary Merritt
Address
Removed

bp351@yahoo.com
Dakkar98 wrote:Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:04 pm
Shipping is going to be about $15.00 Book Rate with DC.
wiccan351 wrote:Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:42 pm
I hate to do this to you, but checking my money I just wont have the money to be able to do it. Could we be able to down grade it to just the codexes? I would love to get the whole thing, but I just cant seem to find the money for it (my normal extra job that I was going to use ended up cancelling on me, so I am short for a couple of weeks). Can we still work something out for the codexes and If I can come up with the extra money in a couple of weeks I will let you know and maybe we could work it out for the whole game.

Gary
Dakkar98 wrote:Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:16 pm
Gary,
I'm willing to work with you on it. To save on shipping in the long run, I'll accept installments, and just ship it all at once.
Or, You can set some money aside here and there , and I'll just check in with you in a couple of weeks and see if you are able to do the lot.

LMK,
wiccan351 wrote:Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:17 pm
ok, let me work on the money thing on my end and I will get back to you as soon as I can.

Thanks for understanding.

Gary
Dakkar98 wrote:Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:02 pm
wiccan351 wrote:Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:17 pm
ok, let me work on the money thing on my end and I will get back to you as soon as I can.

Thanks for understanding.

Gary
Gary,
I wanted to check in with you and see if your situation had improved.

LMK,
wiccan351 wrote:Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:51 am
No, I am sorry it has actually gotten worse. Not to spill my drama on you, but my wife is going to college (that I am paying for) and she recently quit her job leaving my income the only one paying for everything. I am even to the point of having to start getting some of my stuff ready to sell (not happy about it). So I am so sorry about it, but I will not be able to buy the stuff from you. If you have anyone else interested please feel free to sell. Again I am soo sorry that you have held them for me, I just dont have anything left now and am even having to start selling my stuff just to pay bills.
Bits for my marines: Need/Have
Studded Shoulder Pads: 900+/290+
Mk6 Helmeted Heads: 800+/600+

It's Bartertown, if you don't like my offer, please haggle with me.

References Owed (to me and by me): TheKiiier, CraftworldsRus, morgazmo84015, Beesterdo, 2.0, chosenoftzeentch, kepora, tiger, beowulfdahunter, getupandgo, thibner, snikrot, Crovan.

Return to “Deadbeats & Backouts”