Backout: Devinb1690

They're not Bad Traders per se but they are REALLY annoying. Tell us about them here. READ THE RULES.

Moderator: Moderators

Totengraber ( 272 )
Expert Trader

Backout: Devinb1690

Post by Totengraber »

Relevant thread: [H] FW GUO, Renegades, Pylon, Monolith, Orks, Trygon [W] $$

PM'd the guy for the Trygon as soon as I saw it, asking amount for shipping to my zip code. Got a PM from him with instructions of what to pay and what account to send the money to. Got a PM later saying he'd already gotten payment for it. I accused him of selling the item to me even though he had another offer he was considering. He explains that the other buyer sent him money without his having communicated with this other buyer and that since the guy paid first, he wins.

PMs:
Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:02 am: I am interested in the Trygon. How much for shipping to zip code 46234, assuming you're in the US?
Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:41 pm: Lol, yes I'm in the US friend. The trygon will be $27 after shipping.
If you want it let me know your address, and send a PayPal payment to:
[deleted]
Make sure it is a "personal" payment (choose "personal" under the send money option), this way neither of us will be charged PayPal fees.
Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:28 am: Cash sent. My address is: [deleted]
Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:05 pm: Hey man, I'm sorry to tell you but, I sold the Trygon yesterday and already received a payment from someone else. I marked it as "SOLD" in the thread, I thought you would see it. Let me know if there was anything else you wanted, if not I will refund the payment.
Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:32 pm: So you told me how to send payment even though you'd already sold it or at least had another offer pending? Bad form, my friend.
Please just send back the payment.
Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:44 pm: Incorrect, as far as I had known I was to sell it to you. I didn't even give the payment information out to the buyer, he just already knew my PayPal address from a previous deal weeks ago. I had no warning from him that he was even interested when I got his payment. In reality, I should just refund him and send it to you, however he did pay first.
Accusations are not good my friend, I will send it back now.
My money has been refunded.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Re: Backout: Devinb1690

Post by MagickalMemories »

Haven't read the above yet to confirm validity.
Wanted to get the below quote in here first.
FWIW, if you're going to link to a trade ad, you should just go ahead and use the quote function. Trade ads only have a life span of a couple weeks.
devinb1690 wrote:Hey guys, I'm currently just trying to sell some of the extra items I've got sitting around. I planned on painting some these things but just didn't have time for myself with my commissions at hand.

Side Notes:
FW Pylon: I received this from a friend who never finished building it. It is in great condition, with no damages at all, but I never got around to completing it either. It is a rare model, and a real showpiece of any Necron army. It is much taller than I thought it would be.

FW Great Unclean One: This model was bought by me from FW, and I attempted painting it, only to change my mind half way through. I removed nearly all of the paint with Simple Green. This has not affected the models detail, and what's left is very thin, considering I didn't prime it before painting, only airbrushed a light basecoat.

Haves:

FW Necron Pylon: $110

FW GUO: $80 SOLD

Ork Lootas NIB: $17

FW Chaos Renegades Conversion Kit: $30

Necron Monolith NIB: $40 SOLD

Tyranid Trygon: $20 SOLD

PM me if you're interested, or have any questions, or just want to make an offer. I'm willing to negotiate pricing.

More Pics Upon Request
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Re: Backout: Devinb1690

Post by MagickalMemories »

Okay.
Having looked it over, this is a valid back out. Not only that, but it's a pretty sh*tty thing to do, too.
He should've refunded the guy with a note that it was already sold.

On a side note:
Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:41 pm: Lol, yes I'm in the US friend. The trygon will be $27 after shipping.
If you want it let me know your address, and send a PayPal payment to:
[deleted]
Make sure it is a "personal" payment (choose "personal" under the send money option), this way neither of us will be charged PayPal fees.
(emphasis mine)
You could also lose your right to make any claims against the money if someone rips you off.

Although we do not regulate it (since it's not our business), Bartertown officially suggests that you NEVER send payments as gifts/personal to avoid fees. The reason being that a gift is just that... Something given without expectation of return. If you send money through PayPal as a gift and the other party does not send what they are supposed to, PayPal could refuse to honor your refund request, since it was sent as a gift.

Since it's obviously a valid backout, I'm going to go ahead and lock the thread. If the OP or Devinb1690 wish to update the thread, they can PM me and I'll unlock it for them.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.

Return to “Deadbeats & Backouts”