Mea Culpa... or how much I suck.

They're not Bad Traders per se but they are REALLY annoying. Tell us about them here. READ THE RULES.

Moderator: Moderators

MiddlePillarPathPainting ( 133 )
Journeyman Trader

Mea Culpa... or how much I suck.

Post by MiddlePillarPathPainting »

I've been away from Bartertown for (far) too long, and one particular member, gohkmkelvin, has felt the brunt of my absence.

We worked out a trade AGES ago, he sent his items promptly, and that's when it started to splinter. I could have SWORN I had that blister of Confrontation Ghouls, but it went AWOL."No problem," Kelvin said, like a true trader, "just PayPal me the difference." Great guy.

Well, I dragged him through the muck and mire of the Forest of Eternal Payment delays, didn't reply to his PMs, etc. I honestly could not have screwed this up more if I had tried.

Well, I mean, I could have NEVER paid him, I guess that would have been worse. Anyways, just submitted payment to him, don't blame him if he left a horribly detailed nasty negative and post, although I haven't seen it yet.

Just wanted to step up and own up to my responsibility.
7 years of Professional Miniature Painting
Ebay feedback rating of 600+...
FREE basic assembly on all projects!
Ask about our Bartertown member discount!
http://www.middlepillarpathpainting.net
middlepillarpathpainting@yahoo.com
Walls ( 28 )
BTown Regular

Re: Mea Culpa... or how much I suck.

Post by Walls »

Good man.

I did the same thing and admitted to my error. I started the biggest sh*tstorm ever over it. Funny how admitting a wrong makes you wrong! Anyhow man, I applaud your balls.
Ironhide ( 92 )
Technicolor Messiah

Post by Ironhide »

Can't resist.
Walls wrote:Anyhow man, I applaud your balls.
That is just plain sick.
"You can't always get what you want, but sometimes, you get what you need." - The Rolling Stones
FBI Internet Fraud Center http://www.ic3.gov/complaint/
USPS Mail Fraud http://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/forms ... laint.aspx

If you don't have your Location listed in your User Control Panel, why not take a second and update it? It will let your trading partners know where you are from the beginning.
EVIL INC ( 42 )
Resident Trader

Post by EVIL INC »

It could be worse. Be glad he is only applauding them. :roll:
Seriously though, it is always refreshing to see someone own up to a mistake. Ive done it to my own and found that even if you dont get sympathy from the general population, the "important one" or the one you wronged sees it and usually appreciates it.
Grats.
Treat other members with the same dignity, respect and honesty you would like to be treated with.

Return to “Deadbeats & Backouts”