Question About Rule #3

For general questions, rule questions, trade advice, FAQ's, and other assistance-related matters. This forum is for Bartertown related questions/help ONLY.

Moderator: Moderators

waaaghpower ( 2 )
New Trader

Question About Rule #3

Post by waaaghpower »

I wanted to check to make sure that something is OK before I post on the trading section. Specifically, I want to make sure I'm not violating Rule #3: One User Account Per Person, One Person Per User Account ONLY. EVER!

A friend of mine from my LGS is having some health issues and is trying to sell a lot of his 40k collection to cover medical bills. He's been collecting for decades and has a ton of stuff, but he's also in his late 50s and doesn't really have/use computers, so I volunteered to help him sell online. So, if it is alright with the admins, I'd like to post some of his army stuff on here. He won't have any access to my account, and I'll handle the shipping, payment, etc. (Basically, he's given me the models to get whatever I can from them.)

Is that alright?
pretre ( 1340 )
Millenium Trader

Re: Question About Rule #3

Post by pretre »

That's still you, posting someone else's stuff. As long as he's not logging into your account or using your account, you're fine. You using your account to post other people's stuff is fine.
People who owe me feedback: Aelorien Darkthorn, Arthas367x2, Bigheaddan, ccaine1, clianez2033, Close Seer, echarlie x2, gamma098, greywolf90, hot_boy_ronald, Inigo Montoya, jamshaman, jkilla, keyoftwilight, lafkak, litsnsirn, monroe126 x2, Mournafein, noexit1982, Palados, Pappasa, prkeller, proofyeq, readingrambo, rwphillipsstl, Skuller, steellegioncpt, TheDean, Voodoopainter, xsoulgrinderx x2, weebph, fuzzystrawberry, godswildcard, rawfist, snakezit, thelaric, dagna, callidusx3, ccaine1
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

Right. What Pretre said.
You're in control of the account, not him. So, that's only one person per account.

The other things you have to be aware of are:
1) You can't offer anything for sale or trade that isn't in your possession. That includes his models (though you stated that you have them), things you're expecting in the mail "any day," etc.
2) You're responsible for everything (condition as promised, shipping, etc.). If anything goes wrong, it's on your reputation.

There's more... but I'm drawing a blank. LOL

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
3eland ( 76 )
Token Canadian

Post by 3eland »

Thanks for asking as well.

R
~Ryan~
I'm like superman, but without the super.

The rules for Bartertown can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=45470
Helpful guide for sending packages to Canada: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=123125

Return to “Have Questions? Need Help?”