Not getting email notifcations again.

For general questions, rule questions, trade advice, FAQ's, and other assistance-related matters. This forum is for Bartertown related questions/help ONLY.

Moderator: Moderators

kturock ( 590 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!

Not getting email notifcations again.

Post by kturock »

I used to get email notices about PM's and topics to which I'm subscribed; no longer.
I checked and my info is correct and I'm still listed as subscribed to several topics. [especially the contested in which I'm keeping score]

Ummm..help..Plarz..anybody.
Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777
Plarz ( 362 )
The Technomage

Re: Not getting email notifcations again.

Post by Plarz »

Investigating...

Edit: Sent you an email manually, respond if you get it?
MagickalMemories wrote:Please, nobody take this the wrong way when I say... Plarz, I love you.
No, no, guard, turn, parry, dodge, spin and - then - thrust!
Plarzoid.com: A Miniatures Blog
Currently trading with: - | Owed Refs from: - | Owe refs to: -
If I owe you a ref, PM me!
jason1977 ( 208 )
Expert Trader

Post by jason1977 »

Mail employee not getting mail. HA!!
In an act of kindness and respect, please respond to PMs one way or the other with in a timely manner.
Im sorry but I do not ship outside the US.
2013 BT Member Challange- 291 pts 153 models
bolt on cuteness: st 10, ap 1, range: unlimited; DEAL
kturock ( 590 )

Post by kturock »

Plarz wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:22 pm
Investigating...

Edit: Sent you an email manually, respond if you get it?
Nope.
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777
kturock ( 590 )

Post by kturock »

jason1977 wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:31 pm
Mail employee not getting mail. HA!!
damn electronic mail.. should be on paper. ;-)

Plarz ( 362 )
The Technomage

Post by Plarz »

Working with our host's support on this one. No bounce-back (mail undeliverable, we've been blacklisted, etc) and no 3-rd party blacklists for the domain, but I'm also not able to do a successful DNS lookup for your e-mail domain from the server, so I'm callin' in the artillery since that takes it outside the scope of our forum software and server.

I'll let you know more when I have it.
MagickalMemories wrote:Please, nobody take this the wrong way when I say... Plarz, I love you.
Plarz ( 362 )
The Technomage

Post by Plarz »

After lots of test e-mails, it seems clear that Bartertown's server is not having issues sending or receiving email (it sends/receives successfully to several addresses). We also finally ended up getting a set of timeout errors from Bartertown's mail-delivery demon, indicating it tried numerous times and couldn't successfully deliver the messages to you (I sent two tests, their team sent two).

Throwing your e-mail address into http://network-tools.com/ (select "Email Tests" option) says that your mailbox can't be verified. I'm not exactly sure what this means, but it would seem to indicate your provider's not allowing messages through, or at least not advertising that your mailbox is available for delivery.

So, at this point, the issue doesn't seem to be on our end. Can you contact your provider and make sure everything is alright on their end? Let me know what you find out, and I'm happy to take that info back to the host support team so they can continue working on it from our end.

Sorry!!
kturock ( 590 )

Post by kturock »

Hmm funny, since I used to always get emails.. A few years ago we had this problem...and now it's back.

I don't know who or how to contact them at .... yahoo?

Plarz ( 362 )
The Technomage

Post by Plarz »

kturock wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:28 pm
Hmm funny, since I used to always get emails.. A few years ago we had this problem...and now it's back.
Yeah, I know. ANd I think it was more recent than years ago, I think it happened just a few months ago when we upgraded servers?
kturock wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:28 pm
I don't know who or how to contact them at .... yahoo?
Your e-mail is @bellsouth, so whoever owns / manages that domain (AT&T?). Are you checking the right e-mail?
kturock ( 590 )

Post by kturock »

it's @bellsouth, but it's through yahoo mail. There is an icon on the page that has bellsouth and yahoo mail.

I don't recall when we, you, worked on it. I'll see if I still have any of those messages.

Plarz ( 362 )
The Technomage

Post by Plarz »

You might be using Yahoo to manage your account, or bellsouth might be using them as a userfacing provider of the website, but the servers and domain is still owned / operated by bellsouth, I think. There should be somewhere inside your web client that can point you to some support.

This is a completely new issue, I think, I don't think out past efforts will provide much insight.
kturock wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:27 pm
it's @bellsouth, but it's through yahoo mail. There is an icon on the page that has bellsouth and yahoo mail.

I don't recall when we, you, worked on it. I'll see if I still have any of those messages.
kturock ( 590 )

Post by kturock »

and somehow today, I got an email notice that a thread I posted in, has been updated.

Go figure.

I
ve been working alot and haven't had the time to try to find out, who I need to contact at yahoo or bellsouth.

Plarz ( 362 )
The Technomage

Post by Plarz »

kturock wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:02 am
and somehow today, I got an email notice that a thread I posted in, has been updated.

Go figure.

I
ve been working alot and haven't had the time to try to find out, who I need to contact at yahoo or bellsouth.
My guess is that someone somewhere is making changes which keeps messing with the routing to you or your service. I'm happy to offer whatever help I can, but at this point I'm convinced the issue isn't on our end. You're welcome to point whoever you end up talking with at our admin [at] bartertown [dot] com e-mail; I'm the first line for that e-mail so that will put them right with me.

I'm sorry you're continuing to encounter issues, and I wish there was more I could do.
kturock ( 590 )

Post by kturock »

and I got an email saying this thread was updated. :-)

Return to “Have Questions? Need Help?”