New Site Weirdness

For general questions, rule questions, trade advice, FAQ's, and other assistance-related matters. This forum is for Bartertown related questions/help ONLY.

Moderator: Moderators

pretre ( 1340 )
Millenium Trader

Re: New Site Weirdness

Post by pretre »

Took me a while to get logged in. Are you supposed to be able to see someone's feedback score in PMs? It doesn't show on conversations anymore.
People who owe me feedback: Aelorien Darkthorn, Arthas367x2, Bigheaddan, ccaine1, clianez2033, Close Seer, echarlie x2, gamma098, greywolf90, hot_boy_ronald, Inigo Montoya, jamshaman, jkilla, keyoftwilight, lafkak, litsnsirn, monroe126 x2, Mournafein, noexit1982, Palados, Pappasa, prkeller, proofyeq, readingrambo, rwphillipsstl, Skuller, steellegioncpt, TheDean, Voodoopainter, xsoulgrinderx x2, weebph, fuzzystrawberry, godswildcard, rawfist, snakezit, thelaric, dagna, callidusx3, ccaine1
pretre ( 1340 )
Millenium Trader

Post by pretre »

Also, do you get notification of Feedback by PM? I don't see it in my outbox and I just submitted two.
People who owe me feedback: Aelorien Darkthorn, Arthas367x2, Bigheaddan, ccaine1, clianez2033, Close Seer, echarlie x2, gamma098, greywolf90, hot_boy_ronald, Inigo Montoya, jamshaman, jkilla, keyoftwilight, lafkak, litsnsirn, monroe126 x2, Mournafein, noexit1982, Palados, Pappasa, prkeller, proofyeq, readingrambo, rwphillipsstl, Skuller, steellegioncpt, TheDean, Voodoopainter, xsoulgrinderx x2, weebph, fuzzystrawberry, godswildcard, rawfist, snakezit, thelaric, dagna, callidusx3, ccaine1
Plarz ( 362 )
The Technomage

Post by Plarz »

kturock wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:01 pm
OPPSSSS>> now I getting server errors, when trying to mark pages read or when trying to go to pages.
Ajax internal server error and eror 500 and to contact Adam...

That might need to be updated to contact Plaz.
That's me messing with the site's .htaccess to try and enforce HTTPS. Just ignore them.
MagickalMemories wrote:Please, nobody take this the wrong way when I say... Plarz, I love you.
No, no, guard, turn, parry, dodge, spin and - then - thrust!
Plarzoid.com: A Miniatures Blog
Currently trading with: - | Owed Refs from: - | Owe refs to: -
If I owe you a ref, PM me!
Plarz ( 362 )
The Technomage

Post by Plarz »

pretre wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:04 pm
Also, do you get notification of Feedback by PM? I don't see it in my outbox and I just submitted two.
You should, yes. However, the ITL system had to be partially re-written to port it to the new forum code, so I wouldn't be surprised if something's amiss. I'll add it to the list.
MagickalMemories wrote:Please, nobody take this the wrong way when I say... Plarz, I love you.
pretre ( 1340 )
Millenium Trader

Post by pretre »

In fact, I don't see that those feedback posted for Gaijin18 and badablack. And I did click the 'yes I'm sure' dialog.
pretre ( 1340 )
Millenium Trader

Post by pretre »

Just got this when trying to go to page 2 of Unread

Code: Select all

"http://www.bartertown.com/trading/search.php?search_id=unreadposts 500 Hrm... something is amiss. Can you please email the above message to: bartertown@bartertown.com? Thanks, TrademasterAdam"
pretre ( 1340 )
Millenium Trader

Post by pretre »

OMG! You added mark all read to the unread posts thingy. Awesome! And I got to page two after I posted here about not being able to.
Plarz ( 362 )
The Technomage

Post by Plarz »

pretre wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:08 pm
Just got this when trying to go to page 2 of Unread

Code: Select all

"http://www.bartertown.com/trading/search.php?search_id=unreadposts 500 Hrm... something is amiss. Can you please email the above message to: bartertown@bartertown.com? Thanks, TrademasterAdam"
pretre wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:11 pm
OMG! You added mark all read to the unread posts thingy. Awesome! And I got to page two after I posted here about not being able to.
Your page 2 query likely coincided with me messing with things. Apologies.
pretre ( 1340 )
Millenium Trader

Post by pretre »

It only lasted a minute so didn't fuss me much. I mostly want to make sure I report all the weirdness for a while.
Plarz ( 362 )
The Technomage

Post by Plarz »

kturock wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:01 pm
login still shows the site's not secured.
HTTPS is enabled and optional. When I figure out just what on earth phpBB is doing with the completely new .htaccess in the phpBB root directory, I'll try and enforce HTTPS, but for now, that just breaks things.

If you hit http://www.bartertown.com, you get successfully redirected to https://bartertown.com/trading/ I'm going to call that a win for today.
jason1977 ( 208 )
Expert Trader

Post by jason1977 »

I clicked on 'board index' to go back to the home page. I got this message:
[Parse error: syntax error, unexpected 'return' (T_RETURN), expecting ',' or ';' in /home/barterto/public_html/trading/includes/functions.php on line 2185/quote]
In an act of kindness and respect, please respond to PMs one way or the other with in a timely manner.
Im sorry but I do not ship outside the US.
2013 BT Member Challange- 291 pts 153 models
bolt on cuteness: st 10, ap 1, range: unlimited; DEAL
Plarz ( 362 )
The Technomage

Post by Plarz »

jason1977 wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:39 am
I clicked on 'board index' to go back to the home page. I got this message:
[Parse error: syntax error, unexpected 'return' (T_RETURN), expecting ',' or ';' in /home/barterto/public_html/trading/includes/functions.php on line 2185
Yep, that's me trying to fix the ITL system and missing a semi-colon.
Plarz ( 362 )
The Technomage

Post by Plarz »

pretre wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:04 pm
pretre wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:05 pm
In fact, I don't see that those feedback posted for Gaijin18 and badablack. And I did click the 'yes I'm sure' dialog.
Yep, part of the ITL broke. I believe it's fixed now - I successfully left feedback for MM and it posted and sent him a PM correctly. Pretre, you'll have to re-submit your feedback for those two trades, but it should go through and send them a PM correctly.

If it doesn't let me know. It'll be top of the pile for tomorrow.
pretre ( 1340 )
Millenium Trader

Post by pretre »

That looks to have worked!
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

When using the [] code buttons at the top of the "Full Editor" window, they've started doubling. Previously, they did not.
I just locked a thread and posted a link to this one in it. When I put the [url] tags around it with the button, it put 2 open tags in the front, and 2 close tags at the end.
Tried it multiple times (each) with multiple tags. All did it.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.

Return to “Have Questions? Need Help?”