Lockups, Whitescreens and long loading times with new ads?

For general questions, rule questions, trade advice, FAQ's, and other assistance-related matters. This forum is for Bartertown related questions/help ONLY.

Moderator: Moderators

pretre ( 1340 )
Millenium Trader

Lockups, Whitescreens and long loading times with new ads?

Post by pretre »

So, there seems to be some sort of ad loading at the bottom of the page (below the forum) that locks up my iPhone and causes out of control process time on my desktop... Is anyone else experiencing something like this?
People who owe me feedback: Aelorien Darkthorn, Arthas367x2, Bigheaddan, ccaine1, clianez2033, Close Seer, echarlie x2, gamma098, greywolf90, hot_boy_ronald, Inigo Montoya, jamshaman, jkilla, keyoftwilight, lafkak, litsnsirn, monroe126 x2, Mournafein, noexit1982, Palados, Pappasa, prkeller, proofyeq, readingrambo, rwphillipsstl, Skuller, steellegioncpt, TheDean, Voodoopainter, xsoulgrinderx x2, weebph, fuzzystrawberry, godswildcard, rawfist, snakezit, thelaric, dagna, callidusx3, ccaine1
Plarz ( 362 )
The Technomage

Re: Lockups, Whitescreens and long loading times with new ad

Post by Plarz »

There should not be an ad below the forum. If you have one, something is injecting it into the page, either a virus or middleman.
MagickalMemories wrote:Please, nobody take this the wrong way when I say... Plarz, I love you.
No, no, guard, turn, parry, dodge, spin and - then - thrust!
Plarzoid.com: A Miniatures Blog
Currently trading with: - | Owed Refs from: - | Owe refs to: -
If I owe you a ref, PM me!
pretre ( 1340 )
Millenium Trader

Post by pretre »

Plarz wrote:There should not be an ad below the forum. If you have one, something is injecting it into the page, either a virus or middleman.
Humph. I'll do some digging.
People who owe me feedback: Aelorien Darkthorn, Arthas367x2, Bigheaddan, ccaine1, clianez2033, Close Seer, echarlie x2, gamma098, greywolf90, hot_boy_ronald, Inigo Montoya, jamshaman, jkilla, keyoftwilight, lafkak, litsnsirn, monroe126 x2, Mournafein, noexit1982, Palados, Pappasa, prkeller, proofyeq, readingrambo, rwphillipsstl, Skuller, steellegioncpt, TheDean, Voodoopainter, xsoulgrinderx x2, weebph, fuzzystrawberry, godswildcard, rawfist, snakezit, thelaric, dagna, callidusx3, ccaine1
Plarz ( 362 )
The Technomage

Post by Plarz »

Please let me know if you find anything? I want to figure out if this is at all related to this: viewtopic.php?f=40&t=287687
pretre wrote:
Plarz wrote:There should not be an ad below the forum. If you have one, something is injecting it into the page, either a virus or middleman.
Humph. I'll do some digging.
MagickalMemories wrote:Please, nobody take this the wrong way when I say... Plarz, I love you.
pretre ( 1340 )
Millenium Trader

Post by pretre »

Th S is my iPhone, which shouldn't have a virus, has no vpn. It is possible there's some sort of weird man in the middle on my network but unlikely.

The page extends way past the end and occasionally posts ads. It's really weird.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
pretre ( 1340 )
Millenium Trader

Post by pretre »

Well it's not my local network. Just shut off wifi and got the same.
Plarz ( 362 )
The Technomage

Post by Plarz »

Might be someone sitting on your ISP or ours, or in between.

I might ask for our host to give us a new IP when I get back from vacation.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

Using Firefox at work and home.
I never see ads at the bottom of the page.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
pretre ( 1340 )
Millenium Trader

Post by pretre »

It's gotta be something network related. I can't get my cellular network to do it again.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Plarz ( 362 )
The Technomage

Post by Plarz »

Yeah, something is detecting the page enroute, finding the bottom and injecting an ad, that shouldn't be there.

I don't know what we can do about it, but I'll mention it to our hosting service and see what they can do.
pretre ( 1340 )
Millenium Trader

Post by pretre »

Hmm. It looks like it may be infected cookies. Stranger and stranger.

My main machine is Freebsd running firefox and started experiencing the same problems. I cleared cookies for BT and so far so good.
3eland ( 76 )
Token Canadian

Post by 3eland »

That's what happens when you hand out peanut butter instead of chocolate chip.
~Ryan~
I'm like superman, but without the super.

The rules for Bartertown can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=45470
Helpful guide for sending packages to Canada: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=123125
pretre ( 1340 )
Millenium Trader

Post by pretre »

I'm hoping it stays. My desktop seems to be okay right now.
JakeDrow ( 0 )
New Trader

Post by JakeDrow »

Had the same issue when tried to log in a week ago

Return to “Have Questions? Need Help?”