Question on large (huge) trade/sell lists

For general questions, rule questions, trade advice, FAQ's, and other assistance-related matters. This forum is for Bartertown related questions/help ONLY.

Moderator: Moderators

JunkyardDog ( 18 )
New Trader

Question on large (huge) trade/sell lists

Post by JunkyardDog »

I have a large trade/sell list that includes miniatures, rule books, source material, etc. from Battletech, Hordes, Warmachine, CAV & Malifaux. I also have other misc. items like board games, PC games, Magic cards on the list. My trade want list will include stuff from Warmachine, Malifaux & board games. The list will be hundreds (maybe 1000+) items. Is it acceptable to create trade ads in the proper forums that have a link to a Google Doc spreadsheet with the list instead of trying to manage all that text in multiple places?
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Re: Question on large (huge) trade/sell lists

Post by MagickalMemories »

Sorry, but it's not.
Bartertown rules require trade lists to be housed on Bartertown.
Now, you can house it there AND here. There's no problem there. When people open your ad, though, you should have a list of what you have and want actually in the thread, though.

The reason behind that is because we've had issues in the past where people argued over what was supposed to be included in a trade. Seller said it was X, Buyer said it was X+Y. In the end, there was no way to tell who was right (they used terms like "All of the ABC" and "All of the DEF, except the GHI," etc). Buyer accused Seller of lying and cheating, etc.
The list posted (on google docs) supported Seller, but Buyer accused him of changing it. We had no way of knowing. On the other hand, if we really needed to, we could roll back the site here to see what the list actually DID contain.

And, so... there's a longer answer than you really wanted. LOL

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
jason1977 ( 208 )
Expert Trader

Post by jason1977 »

Use Word or whatever Apple has. Type it up off site and copy paste here.
In an act of kindness and respect, please respond to PMs one way or the other with in a timely manner.
Im sorry but I do not ship outside the US.
2013 BT Member Challange- 291 pts 153 models
bolt on cuteness: st 10, ap 1, range: unlimited; DEAL
pretre ( 1340 )
Millenium Trader

Post by pretre »

jason1977 wrote:Use Word or whatever Apple has. Type it up off site and copy paste here.
Yep, this is what I do. I use notepad on Windows/gedit in Freebsd.
People who owe me feedback: Aelorien Darkthorn, Arthas367x2, Bigheaddan, ccaine1, clianez2033, Close Seer, echarlie x2, gamma098, greywolf90, hot_boy_ronald, Inigo Montoya, jamshaman, jkilla, keyoftwilight, lafkak, litsnsirn, monroe126 x2, Mournafein, noexit1982, Palados, Pappasa, prkeller, proofyeq, readingrambo, rwphillipsstl, Skuller, steellegioncpt, TheDean, Voodoopainter, xsoulgrinderx x2, weebph, fuzzystrawberry, godswildcard, rawfist, snakezit, thelaric, dagna, callidusx3, ccaine1

Return to “Have Questions? Need Help?”