Shipping a Battlefoam bag full of miniatures?

For general questions, rule questions, trade advice, FAQ's, and other assistance-related matters. This forum is for Bartertown related questions/help ONLY.

Moderator: Moderators

korva ( 54 )
BTown Regular

Shipping a Battlefoam bag full of miniatures?

Post by korva »

So I have a couple armies that I'm planning on selling, and they both come with their own battlefoam 720 bag that's packed to the brim. Assuming any free space in the slots is stuff with packing material, can I just ship the battlefoam bag itself and reasonably expect to have everything arrive safely? I've never shipped one before so I'm not sure how they hold up.
imp522 ( 730 )
Giant Scary Eyeball

Re: Shipping a Battlefoam bag full of miniatures?

Post by imp522 »

So if I read it right, no box around it? If that's the case I wouldn't recommend it at all.

Now if there is going to be a box around it and you pack material around the bag to fill in the empty space then yes things should arrive relatively unscathed.
http://adventurein15mm.blogspot.com/

If you don't have your Location listed in your User Control Panel, why not take a second and update it? It will let your trading partners know where you are from the beginning.

Have you read the site rules? viewtopic.php?f=44&t=45470 If not do so.
kturock ( 590 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!

Post by kturock »

Drop a 25 pound box/weight on it. That's what you should expect for the package to go through.
Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777
korva ( 54 )
BTown Regular

Post by korva »

Thats about what I figured, thanks for the replies.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

Not to mention that you've got no way to reliably address it or keep the package secure if you try to just ship the case without an outer box.
Heck, I'm not even sure the USPS would accept it like that.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
kturock ( 590 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!

Post by kturock »

The accept suitcases and the plastic tupperware boxes. they have to be taped closed, with strapping tape. [tape with threads in it. Not duct tape.]
Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777

Return to “Have Questions? Need Help?”