Is it allowed for me to trade for virtual items?

For general questions, rule questions, trade advice, FAQ's, and other assistance-related matters. This forum is for Bartertown related questions/help ONLY.

Moderator: Moderators

cal483647 ( 28 )
BTown Regular

Is it allowed for me to trade for virtual items?

Post by cal483647 »

Hi, I just got into team fortress two recently and was wondering if it is ok to trade warhammer/mtg cards for some virtual items in the game that people may have. I just wanted confirmation/permission before proceeding to post a thread. Thank you for your help and have a great day!
Waiting for feedback from the following: none
imp522 ( 730 )
Giant Scary Eyeball

Re: Is it allowed for me to trade for virtual items?

Post by imp522 »

No sorry
Rule #12: Digital paraphernalia (accounts, items, cards, etc) Are Not Acceptable Trade Goods.
Do not post ads selling or soliciting MMORPG accounts, items, or currency. No Everquest, no Diablo 2, no Star Wars Galaxies, no World of Warcraft, or anything else in the multi-player online roleplaying game genre. Do not think you are being clever by selling a CD and sticking a piece of paper with your account information in the package with it. That still counts as a violation and you will be banned if we find out about it.Furthermore, no online collectible card game items/accounts/currencies. If you've got a super-awesome card on Magic Online, DO NOT come here to trade it.

If you have a WoW trading card that can affect the online WoW game, contact an Administrator BEFORE you post it for trade.
http://adventurein15mm.blogspot.com/

If you don't have your Location listed in your User Control Panel, why not take a second and update it? It will let your trading partners know where you are from the beginning.

Have you read the site rules? viewtopic.php?f=44&t=45470 If not do so.
cal483647 ( 28 )
BTown Regular

Post by cal483647 »

:*( ok I guess I can't somehow request permission to post it. Thanks for replying back to me though!
Waiting for feedback from the following: none
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

cal483647 wrote::*( ok I guess I can't somehow request permission to post it. Thanks for replying back to me though!
What were you hoping to get rid of? I don't need details, just a general idea.

I need to know "Online magic cards, WoW account, Steam games," etc.
I DON'T need to know, "WXYZ online magic cards" or "Level XX Dark Elf Rogue on LMOP server," etc.

Thanks.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
porkuslime ( 3094 )
Gentleman Sadist

Post by porkuslime »

He was hoping to trade real life magic cards or warhammer figs for in-game Team Fortress 2 items..

-P
2+2=5 for sufficiently large values of 2.

If you don't have your Location listed in your User Control Panel, why not take a second and update it? It will let your trading partners know where you are from the beginning.

I use the Unofficial Porkuslime Trading Guidelines - if you have way less refs.. you ship first.

Folks I am awaiting a ref from.. Zack

USPS Mail Fraud
FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center

http://www.40korigins.com - Bringing 40k events to the Origins Game Fair!
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Ah, yes. That, then, is a definite no-no. Huh? : )

Eric

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
Edgar95 ( 0 )
New Trader

Post by Edgar95 »

Yes you can, it's not prohibited by law. You must ensure that the game rules allow it. First of all, you need to find an honest buyer for exapmle here [link removed by MM] you can find good site.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Edgar95 wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 5:21 am
Yes you can, it's not prohibited by law. You must ensure that the game rules allow it. First of all, you need to find an honest buyer for exapmle here [link removed by MM] you can find good site.
Please, do not necromance a 7 year old thread to give bad information.

You canNOT trade virtual items here. What this thread is about is what WE allow.
Please familiarize yourself with the rules, as I've also had to remove the link you posted.

Eric

Return to “Have Questions? Need Help?”