6th BT painting contest!

Chop early, view often! Painting, Converting, and other neat things!

Moderator: Moderators

CMSheats ( 548 )
Millenium Trader

6th BT painting contest!

Post by CMSheats »

Hey guys!

I am going to be hosting the 6th painting contest for BT. This should go alot smoother than the last one now that I have alot of the kinks worked out. The contest will start on,

Start - Sunday, the 27th of November (ALL entries must be finalized and pics sent before this date)

Finish - Sunday, the 11th of December

The Rules

1. You must paint your own model, commission painted pieces DO NOT count!

2. Any futuristic or fantasy game system's pieces can be used.

3. Creativity is encouraged.

4. Model must be completely painted, no half painted models.

5. Have fun with what you are painting.

6. Converted models are accepted but not necessary. Conversions will not be taken into account as far as best painted results. Those voting, please only vote on painting skill, not conversion work.

7. Absolutely NO vulgar models. Please don't do a conversion that is tasteless and profane and submit it.

8. Those in charge of the contest as well as the admins and moderators reserve the right to remove any contest entry we feel violates any or all of these rules.

Entries will be voted on. We will open a special forum for people to post their entries, and there will be a poll at the top for everyone to choose their favorite. One vote per person, and yes you can vote for yourself.

Send me the pics of your model that you will be painting with the BT contest page behind your model, or a thumbs up, ect. The model must be paint free, or can have paint if you are painting over it. All model entries MUST be a "non vehicle single miniature." NO exceptions.

Contest prizes will be provided for the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd placements. This contest is going to be sponsored by BITSJUNKIE! The final prizes will be announced shortly.

There will be a max of 10 entries. So this is on a first come first serve bases.

Please PM me with any questions, and I will get back with you as soon as I can.
Thanks so much!

Chris
Last edited by CMSheats on Sat May 12, 2012 10:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
"We should have a trading contest! We see who can complete the most trades in a designated amount of-- oops, Porkuslime won before I finished the sentence." - extropymine
CMSheats ( 548 )
Millenium Trader

Re: 6th BT painting contest!

Post by CMSheats »

(EDIT) Six of the ten slots have been taken. Only four left!

6/10
"We should have a trading contest! We see who can complete the most trades in a designated amount of-- oops, Porkuslime won before I finished the sentence." - extropymine
CMSheats ( 548 )
Millenium Trader

Post by CMSheats »

Hey guys, I am going to post all the pictures of the models that are going to be entered on the 26th. Prizes are almost figured out, will be decided by Saturday.(Will edit this post to say what they are) Also, there are four spots left, two of which are pending. So if you want to enter, do it soon!
gohkmkelvin ( 70 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by gohkmkelvin »

My airbrush replacement nozzle came just in time on Sat morning, so I'm all set for this. DON'T break your airbrush nozzle - replacing it is an *expensive* exercise.
CMSheats ( 548 )
Millenium Trader

Post by CMSheats »

EDIT:

I think I am missing a model. If you entered and you don't see your pic here, please let me know and I will post it as soon as I can.

Good luck everybody!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CMSheats ( 548 )
Millenium Trader

Post by CMSheats »

Hey guys. Here is the missing models picture.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CMSheats ( 548 )
Millenium Trader

Post by CMSheats »

Contest prizes have been decided! They are as follows

1st $12.00

2nd $5.00

3rd $3.00

Prizes will be sent via paypal. All prizes will be sent as a gift, that way the winners will not be charged fees. BITZJUNKIE is supplying prizes for this contest.
CMSheats ( 548 )
Millenium Trader

Post by CMSheats »

I'm about half way done my model. It's looking pretty awesome. :-D How are the rest of you guys doing?
gohkmkelvin ( 70 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by gohkmkelvin »

Not so well. I just stripped the bloody thing to start all over again - damn you, Dullcote!
CMSheats ( 548 )
Millenium Trader

Post by CMSheats »

Sorry to hear that man. If it helps at all, I just spilt a container of black wash all over my guy. :( I got most of it off though. :-D
gohkmkelvin ( 70 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by gohkmkelvin »

Yeah, well, I must've got a naff batch of Dullcote. I got in touch with Testor's, and they were kind enough to investigate the specific batch of Dullcote I bought, to see if the chemical composition was bad but somehow passed QA.
stokerd ( 360 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by stokerd »

Finished. Do we know where we are going to post the finished pics yet?
CMSheats ( 548 )
Millenium Trader

Post by CMSheats »

Yes, I have a mod that will open a new thread where I can post the pictures, and where people can vote on what model they think is the best. You can send three to four pictures of your model to me, and I will post them once we reach the finish date.
CMSheats ( 548 )
Millenium Trader

Post by CMSheats »

I have received pictures for two of the entries. If all you other guys could send pics as soon as you finish, that would be great.
gohkmkelvin ( 70 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by gohkmkelvin »

I withdraw from this contest.

After finishing my fig, I sprayed it with a blast of Testor's Dullcote ...

... and the paint bubbled like there was no tomorrow. Considering I didn't use any paint additives, and I sprayed under rigorous conditions (high temperature, low humidity, shook the can to shreds and soaked it in warm water), I can only conclude that the lacquer is at fault.

I've referred the matter to Testor's, but answers are yet to be forthcoming.

I would suggest that if anyone has Testor's from the batch KZ091 (the number is located on the bottom of the can), one should avoid using it as it may be from a poor batch.

Return to “Bartertown Contests”