The 5th painting contest?

Chop early, view often! Painting, Converting, and other neat things!

Moderator: Moderators

oaflord ( 196 )
Bartertown Watchman

Re: The 5th painting contest?

Post by oaflord »

insidius wrote:Hope your mom is well.
QFT. That being said, I just have my post-pic touchups to do and I am done. The wife is watching Grey's Anatomy and Private Practice tonight. Should be good for time...

oAF
References owed to me: fhoenix, razley, MEversbergII
References owed by me: None.
MagickalMemories wrote:I think it was best said by Oaflord, with his 14 rating. Smart fella, there.
MagickalMemories wrote:Oaflord... You're a Dork! (Put THAT in your sig line!)
MagickalMemories wrote:Oaf... Yer still a flippin' idiot. Some things just don't change. :wink:
Magickalmemories wrote:That oaflord! He's one heck of a great guy!
MagickalMemories wrote:Oh, God, oAF! You did it. You drank it. Now, you're dooooooomed.
MagickalMemories wrote:No... it makes you a HERO! (in reference to me)
Bulkoth ( 122 )
Resident Trader

Post by Bulkoth »

Done:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v502/ ... G_4970.jpg <-- the good pic
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v502/ ... G_4984.jpg <- close up of face
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v502/ ... G_4967.jpg <- a little blown but showns some detail on the weapon and skin
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v502/ ... G_4965.jpg <-- proof it's me

My first Ork! WAY too many left to do ><
CMSheats ( 548 )
Millenium Trader

Post by CMSheats »

Ok guys. If everybody who has finished their models could send me a few pics, that would be great. Then I will get a mod to open the poll and I will post all the pics. Once we reach the the ending date. Also, I got your mini you sent, and I will be taking pics of it this afternoon and I will give you a link to my photobucket and you can pic the ones you want.
"We should have a trading contest! We see who can complete the most trades in a designated amount of-- oops, Porkuslime won before I finished the sentence." - extropymine
insidius ( 76 )
Millenium Trader

Post by insidius »

Sounds good :)
mon·ey: noun; a good that acts as a medium of exchange in transactions.
Money is a good like everything else; if your rating is lower, you ship first whether money is involved or not.

USPS Mail Fraud / / FBI Internet Fraud Center
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

Sid, I'm glad CMS took you up on your request first.
My wife had the camera last, about a month ago at a ball game. I just asked her about it, and she can't find the damned thing!
I'm going to have to rely on pics from my camera phone and her crappy digital. Fortunately, my Evo Slide has a decent camera on it, but I don't know how well it does close-ups!!! : (

Now, to go finish a few highlights and spray coat it!

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
CMSheats ( 548 )
Millenium Trader

Post by CMSheats »

Ok guys heres the deal. I have to leave early on the 26th and will get back early on the 31st. There is not going to be internet where I am going so....

I can post the pics tonight/tomorrow in the voting thread so people can vote,

Or I can wait till I get back and do it, and then I will be here.

It really doesn't really matter to me whether or not I am here, but I thought sense I was running the thing then I might need to be here to answer questions. So let me know what you guys want to do. And insidius, sorry about not taking pics yet, but I will go do that as soon as I get of here.
"We should have a trading contest! We see who can complete the most trades in a designated amount of-- oops, Porkuslime won before I finished the sentence." - extropymine
oaflord ( 196 )
Bartertown Watchman

Post by oaflord »

I would post them at midnight tonight, or at the very latest early tomorrow. Leave the poll open for a week and then once it is done, we have our winners. If you are not back in time to close the polls, we have an admin/mod that could do that for us, right??

oAF
MagickalMemories wrote:I think it was best said by Oaflord, with his 14 rating. Smart fella, there.
MagickalMemories wrote:Oaf... Yer still a flippin' idiot. Some things just don't change. :wink:
MagickalMemories wrote:Oh, God, oAF! You did it. You drank it. Now, you're dooooooomed.
CMSheats ( 548 )
Millenium Trader

Post by CMSheats »

Ok, sorry for the wait. Having trouble finding my camera, I have another one but it's not quiet as good. Anyways, could a mod open a new thread with a voting pole? And I will add pics as soon as the pole thread opens.
CMSheats ( 548 )
Millenium Trader

Post by CMSheats »

Oh and Oaf, could you send me your pics again? I lost the PM where you sent them. Sorry about that. I think I have everybody elses, so once I get those and the thread is opened, then we should be good!
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

CMS:
Open a thread and put all of the pictures in. Label them with a brief -accurate- description of the model (Naked Robot, male Hobbit Prostitute, etc.).
Once you have the pics posted, your staff member can add a poll to the thread and will have your descriptors to use in the entries.

Also, I think that only people who had their models (or actual minis, in Sid's case) submitted by midnight last night should be eligible. Just post them up and let it go. There should be no questions that those of us with experience can't answer while you're gone.

What will the voting be? A week long? Longer?

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
oaflord ( 196 )
Bartertown Watchman

Post by oaflord »

MagickalMemories wrote: (Naked Robot, male Hobbit Prostitute, etc.)
Your dreams must be twisted... :twisted:

oAF
CMSheats ( 548 )
Millenium Trader

Post by CMSheats »

Oh ok, I will post the pics this evening as I have to leave. Thanks for the help. Lets say voting goes to the first of December. Sound good?
oaflord ( 196 )
Bartertown Watchman

Post by oaflord »

CMSheats wrote:Oh ok, I will post the pics this evening as I have to leave. Thanks for the help. Lets say voting goes to the first of December. Sound good?
No, does not sound good. 2 weeks max, 1 week preferable. Look to previous events for guidance.

oAF
insidius ( 76 )
Millenium Trader

Post by insidius »

oaflord wrote:
CMSheats wrote:Oh ok, I will post the pics this evening as I have to leave. Thanks for the help. Lets say voting goes to the first of December. Sound good?
No, does not sound good. 2 weeks max, 1 week preferable. Look to previous events for guidance.

oAF
I agree; over a month is too long.

1-2 weeks should be fine.
mon·ey: noun; a good that acts as a medium of exchange in transactions.
Money is a good like everything else; if your rating is lower, you ship first whether money is involved or not.

USPS Mail Fraud / / FBI Internet Fraud Center
CMSheats ( 548 )
Millenium Trader

Post by CMSheats »

LOL, sorry. I ment November. :lol: :lol: Sorry about that. So November 1st. And Insidius, I got the pics and am uploading them now.

Return to “Bartertown Contests”