The 5th painting contest?

Chop early, view often! Painting, Converting, and other neat things!

Moderator: Moderators

insidius ( 76 )
Millenium Trader

Re: The 5th painting contest?

Post by insidius »

lol looks like I'm in trouble then :)
mon·ey: noun; a good that acts as a medium of exchange in transactions.
Money is a good like everything else; if your rating is lower, you ship first whether money is involved or not.

USPS Mail Fraud / / FBI Internet Fraud Center
CMSheats ( 548 )
Millenium Trader

Post by CMSheats »

No worries, a PM has been sent. :-D :-D
"We should have a trading contest! We see who can complete the most trades in a designated amount of-- oops, Porkuslime won before I finished the sentence." - extropymine
Bulkoth ( 122 )
Resident Trader

Post by Bulkoth »

Ordered the basing materials on Friday, hope Neal gets a hurry on shipping the stuff ;)
MagickalMemories wrote:
Bulkoth wrote:I might just prop him up on a base for the final photos.
That is guaranteed to hurt you during the voting phase.

Eric
CMSheats ( 548 )
Millenium Trader

Post by CMSheats »

I am assuming you mean Neal from the War Store right? They have never taken more than 2-3 days with me. I also have gotten my basing stuff from the already from them. : )
"We should have a trading contest! We see who can complete the most trades in a designated amount of-- oops, Porkuslime won before I finished the sentence." - extropymine
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

I'll hook you up, Sid. PM me for my address, if nobody's already offered.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
insidius ( 76 )
Millenium Trader

Post by insidius »

CMS offered to help, just shipped to him this morning. So if I lose, it's his fault :p
Money is a good like everything else; if your rating is lower, you ship first whether money is involved or not.

oaflord ( 196 )
Bartertown Watchman

Post by oaflord »

I think I can comfortably speak on behalf of all the contestants when I say that if it doesn't get there on time... TOO BAD!!! :mrgreen: j/k!!!! I would have no problem waiting if need be to start the voting process, just don't post anyone's pics before you have them all CMS...

oAF
References owed to me: fhoenix, razley, MEversbergII
References owed by me: None.
MagickalMemories wrote:I think it was best said by Oaflord, with his 14 rating. Smart fella, there.
MagickalMemories wrote:Oaflord... You're a Dork! (Put THAT in your sig line!)
MagickalMemories wrote:Oaf... Yer still a flippin' idiot. Some things just don't change. :wink:
Magickalmemories wrote:That oaflord! He's one heck of a great guy!
MagickalMemories wrote:Oh, God, oAF! You did it. You drank it. Now, you're dooooooomed.
MagickalMemories wrote:No... it makes you a HERO! (in reference to me)
CMSheats ( 548 )
Millenium Trader

Post by CMSheats »

LOL, I will take TONS and let you pic the ones you want for the contest. : ) And Oaf, I will wait till all the entries are in so no worries. But guys, please try to get me three to four pics of your model before the 23. Also, the contest prizes provided by Bitzjunkie have been posted in the other forum.
oaflord ( 196 )
Bartertown Watchman

Post by oaflord »

CMSheats wrote:But guys, please try to get me three to four pics of your model before the 23.
No worries here, I just took some preliminary pics to see where I made mistakes. I recommend to the competitors to take some pre-competition photos, you will see some errors that the human eye for some reason will not catch. Or, maybe no. Do NOT take those photos... :mrgreen:

oAF
References owed to me: fhoenix, razley, MEversbergII
References owed by me: None.
MagickalMemories wrote:I think it was best said by Oaflord, with his 14 rating. Smart fella, there.
MagickalMemories wrote:Oaflord... You're a Dork! (Put THAT in your sig line!)
MagickalMemories wrote:Oaf... Yer still a flippin' idiot. Some things just don't change. :wink:
Magickalmemories wrote:That oaflord! He's one heck of a great guy!
MagickalMemories wrote:Oh, God, oAF! You did it. You drank it. Now, you're dooooooomed.
MagickalMemories wrote:No... it makes you a HERO! (in reference to me)
CMSheats ( 548 )
Millenium Trader

Post by CMSheats »

Well almost finished my model. Just about to base it. Is everybody else getting done on theirs?
gohkmkelvin ( 70 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by gohkmkelvin »

Starting on the metallics now. Ought to be done by tonight. And then that's me done with this fig.

Edit:
Argh! Ruined! Bloody Dullcote spluttered instead of sprayed ... this is going to take some fixing up ...
extropymine ( 126 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by extropymine »

Hello, contest buddies.

So I got a phone call tonight that my mom took a tumble down a short flight of stairs and fractured her leg. I may or may not have to drive up to Maine this weekend to do a little care-taking. I'm not sure yet what will or won't be necessary. The reason I mention it is that if I'm called away to help her out this weekend I probably won't finish up my mini, in which case I'll finish it next week but I'll have to bow out of the official judging. I'll still post a picture when I'm done, either way.

I just wanted to let everyone know in advance in case I'm called away, so I don't let anybody down with little or no notice. I'll update as I know more.
It's a rule of thumb for trades: check my feedback, I'll check yours. Lower rating ships first.
If you're paying via Paypal and want buyer protection, please pay the fees yourself and don't take them from my end. I'll do the same.
Don't like my offer? Don't get offended-- make me a counter-offer instead!
gohkmkelvin ( 70 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by gohkmkelvin »

Mate, sorry to hear that. I hope your mother makes a swift recovery,
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

Best wishes to your mom.

Myself, I'll be pressing the time limit to the extreme.I've still got a few hours work left to do and will have NO time Friday and very little on Saturday.
Ugh. Darn World Series (Go Cards!).

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
insidius ( 76 )
Millenium Trader

Post by insidius »

Hope your mom is well.

Return to “Bartertown Contests”