When is the next conversion contest?

Chop early, view often! Painting, Converting, and other neat things!

Moderator: Moderators

MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Re: When is the next conversion contest?

Post by MagickalMemories »

They would be responsible for organizing it.
The initial post would need to be done by them, they'd need to be the contact person for anyone wanting to enter, they'd need to post the final pics for judging.
Either they or a volunteer would be responsible for arranging any prize support (if it was done for more than just "fun"). Regardless who arranged any prize support, it would be their responsibility to communicate with the "supporter" about who won.
They would need to arrange any polls, set rules, etc.

All that and more.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
CMSheats ( 548 )
Millenium Trader

Post by CMSheats »

Couldn't we do it like you guys did in the Painting Contests? As far as how the prise worked and everything?
"We should have a trading contest! We see who can complete the most trades in a designated amount of-- oops, Porkuslime won before I finished the sentence." - extropymine
artrust ( 0 )
Apprentice Trader

Post by artrust »

So what we shall paint?
Convertions/scenic base/size of the model?

Maybe painting contest with the final auction of best models?
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

CMSheats wrote:Couldn't we do it like you guys did in the Painting Contests? As far as how the prise worked and everything?
Only the first of those "user run" contests ever worked. That was the one that, IIRC, the guy ran for his own benefit (all models needing painting were his own). Every attempt after that had major snafus, a part of that being that it was User run and not run by someone on the site.
That's one of the reasons they stopped.

Eric

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
CMSheats ( 548 )
Millenium Trader

Post by CMSheats »

OK I understand. Hmm, I guess that's why no one has volunteered. Couldn't it be user run if everybody understood before that it might have problems?
"We should have a trading contest! We see who can complete the most trades in a designated amount of-- oops, Porkuslime won before I finished the sentence." - extropymine
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Nope.
Too many hassles and, in the end, staff has to get involved with the posting of polls, etc., anyway.

You need to find a staffer who's interested in being responsible for it.

Eric

CMSheats ( 548 )
Millenium Trader

Post by CMSheats »

Ok that makes sence. Are there any staff who are reading this that might be remotely interested in doing this?
CMSheats ( 548 )
Millenium Trader

Post by CMSheats »

I got a idea! What if everybody paid a couple dollar fee to the guy who is running it. And a few dollars in the pot for the first, second, and third place winners. And when you get 10-15 people, that would really add up for the host. That way whoever would be hosting it would have some purpose in doing it. What do you think?
CMSheats ( 548 )
Millenium Trader

Post by CMSheats »

MagickalMemories, would you be interested in hosting it if there was some cash in it for you?
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

No. No. I would not.
In fact, I'm extremely leery about the idea of a staffer (all of which are volunteer positions) accepting any sort of gratuity for doing anything related to the site. That would be something I would want to have a converstion about with the other Admin before we allowed it.

Eric

CMSheats ( 548 )
Millenium Trader

Post by CMSheats »

Hmm, ok. Well maybe we should just wait on this whole thing then. Any staff wanna volunteer, for free at this point?
CMSheats ( 548 )
Millenium Trader

Post by CMSheats »

What if instead of money the person who was heading it up would just get the first place model? That way there is no money involved for him. Does anybody reading this thread have any ideas?
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Money or items. Either way, it's payment.

Here's something better to give you an idea of the viability of such a thing... take a look at the number of people in this thread asking for a new contest. Are there many?

Eric

CMSheats ( 548 )
Millenium Trader

Post by CMSheats »

Ya, I guess that is still payment. Is there anybody besides me who wants this contest to go through? Post if you want it.
artrust ( 0 )
Apprentice Trader

Post by artrust »

:twisted: 'am gonna make the chaos happy :twisted:

I WAAAAAAAANT

Return to “Bartertown Contests”