When is the next conversion contest?

Chop early, view often! Painting, Converting, and other neat things!

Moderator: Moderators

spiralingcadaver ( 456 )
Millenium Trader

Re: When is the next conversion contest?

Post by spiralingcadaver »

1. You must convert your own model, and it IS to be unpainted. This includes primer. One or two individual bits may be primered, but the overall majority of the model should be bare metal/plastic/putty. If you're unsure, ask first.
I might suggest an option to show how the mini looks primed as a supplement-- it's about the conversion work, but some stuff will look silly if lots of different materials. I know I've done a lot of projects that look way snazzier uniform than 5 different materials.
If you're unsure, ask first.
A very good rule in life.
True, we love life, not because we are used to living but because we are used to loving. There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness.
-Nietzsche

I expect honesty about models' conditions, thank you.

If I don't respond in a day or two, please check back, I've forgotten-sorry.
CMSheats ( 548 )
Millenium Trader

Post by CMSheats »

Ok, well I am cool with not hosting this one then. As long as I can do the painting contest, I will be happy. :wink: Thanks!

Chris
"We should have a trading contest! We see who can complete the most trades in a designated amount of-- oops, Porkuslime won before I finished the sentence." - extropymine
cursedmydice ( 106 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by cursedmydice »

I dont mind taking the reigns on this one if thats cool with you guys. I would do the following rules that MM suggested with a small change to the primered rule:

1. You must convert your own model, and it IS to be unpainted. Primered is ok as long as theres an unprimered pic to accompany it. If you're unsure, ask first.

2. Any futuristic or fantasy game system's pieces can be used; alternately, you can scratch-build your entry. If you're unsure, ask first.

3. Creativity is encouraged. If you're unsure, ask first.

4. Models must be at least 40% converted from the original. If you're unsure, ask first.

5. Models must be in 25/28/30mm scale. The largest base size we'll allow is a 50mm. The actual model should not be larger than would normally be placed on a base this size. If you're unsure, ask first.

6. You must have at least two (2) pictures of the model. Before and after shots are strongly encouraged. If you're unsure, ask first.

7. Keep them decent, mostly. A PG-13 rating is as hard as we'll go on this one. If you're unsure, ask first.

8. Bartertown Staff and/or the contest organizer reserve the right, at our own discretion, to remove any contest entry we feel violates any of these rules - either literally or in spirit. If you're unsure, ask first.

I should be able to supply some sort of prize support as well ill have to see what i can generate in the idea box. Any other thoughts?
Looking for a someone to paint your army? Visit http://www.CMSheatspainting.com for details on all our commissions.

I trade in the US only unless your willing to pay full shipping with insurance.
Trades on a Retail for Retail Basis unless otherwise agreed to before hand.
Lower rating ships first on all trades, buyer pays first in all cash transactions.
Delivery confirmation will be used by me and will be asked of you.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

cursedmydice wrote:Im willing to run a contest here or there, ill even chip in prizes when i can. Ill help out anytime :)
Since you're working for CMSheats painting... Isn't that practically the same thing? LOL

Just kidding.

I'll leave it open. Doesn't matter to ME who runs it. I just thought it might be nice for Chris to sit back & relax for once.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
cursedmydice ( 106 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by cursedmydice »

Wll i figured i would give it a bit to see if anyone else wanted to step forward and run this so i will take the reigns and get things set up to get this started next week. If anyone has any suggestions on rules, questions, or anything else please pm me. Otherwise keep an eye open in the next few days for the registration thread to open :)
Looking for a someone to paint your army? Visit http://www.CMSheatspainting.com for details on all our commissions.

Lower rating ships first on all trades, buyer pays first in all cash transactions.
r3dm0h4wk1988 ( 32 )
BTown Regular

Post by r3dm0h4wk1988 »

I think a conversion contest NOT based purely around GW produced models would be a better plan.
If I have a lower trader rating, I will ship first or pay first.
If YOU have the lower rating, YOU will ship first of pay first.
If YOU have one negative review against your name, You ship or pay first regardless of your trader rating!
Under no Circumstances is this negotiable.
When you enter a trade or deal of any sort with me, i make it my priority. You should too, i have no care for your personal life getting in the way.
Capice!
cursedmydice ( 106 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by cursedmydice »

Ill be starting the sign up thread this evening, and any game companies models will be accepted r3dm.

Return to “Bartertown Contests”