Fictitious BTR Contest Main Thread

Chop early, view often! Painting, Converting, and other neat things!

Moderator: Moderators

HarlequinZero ( 218 )
Bartertown Plus Member

Fictitious BTR Contest Main Thread

Post by HarlequinZero »

Ok folks, here's the contest thread. Just a couple of things to remember. First, if you have any questions for any of the fictitious users the have to be sent via PM to me and I will give you the answers. Second, if you want to talk to other staff members to *possiblt* get hints that's OK, but that also has to be done via PM. Third, NO ONE posts inside this topic except for me. If you do your post gets nuked and you lose points when it comes time for the voting. I'm trying to keep this as neat and organized as possible.

Now that that's out of the way here's initial BTR thread by our fictitious member "Boxcars."
Fictitious Trade wrote:
Orks Wanted
Sent: Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:41 pm
To: Boxcars
Hey. I just saw your post that you’re looking for Orks. I got all the Orks you need dude.
This was your list, yea?
Boxcars wrote: I’m looking to get the following Ork models.

20 Ork Boyz (new plastics, no AoBR)
5 Nobz (new plastics, no AoBR)
1 Battlewagon
You want 20 boyz, 5 nobz and a Battlewagon, yea? I can do that no prob. If you give me $80 plus $6 for the shipping I can get that stuff mailed out. Just send the cash to my PayPal at SnakeEyes@macs.com.

Re: Orks Wanted
Sent: Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:02 am
To: SnakeEyes

I’m interested in those minis, but first I just want to clear up some things about the figures before I send any money. What condition are they in? They are the new plastics and none of them are AoBR figures, right?

Sent: Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:37 am

No prob, dude. The orks are all the newest minis and they’re in good shape. The boyz are assembled, but not primed or anything. The Nobz are still brand new just like I got ‘em and the Battlewagon is just assembled and primed black. They are all smokin’ and ready to use. I just wants to sell these minis so I can gets myself some of those hot new Warmachine elves. Those are the new hotness.

Send that $80 + $6 for shipping to me at my Paypal addy like I said before.

Sent: Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:02 am

Well, the deal does sound pretty good, but could you possibly go $80 with shipping included? And do you do your shipping with a delivery confirmation number? I don’t do a deal unless I know delivery confirmation is included.

Sent: Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:35 pm

Sure dude. I can do $80 with shipping. No prob. And I’ll fix you up with the DC, too. Don’t worry ‘bout that. Just send me the funds and your addy and I can have this stuff packed up and sent out in a few days. Sound good to you, chief?

Sent: Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:30 am

Ok, I’ll send the funds now. Normally I don’t send first to someone with a lower rating, but we’re pretty close so I’ll trust you. Please send me that DC as soon as you have it.

My address is:

Dave Thomas
1 Wendy Lane
Columbus, OH 11212

Thanks

Sent: Sun Oct 4, 2009 12:03 AM

Hey, it’s been 5 days since I sent you the money for those Ork models and I still haven’t received the package or even the DC number. I’m starting to get concerned here. Where are my models?

Sent: Mon Oct 5, 2009 4:22 PM

I’m sorry, dude. I’ve been ultra busy at work this past week. I couldn’t get your stuff to the post office before they closed. I’m in some crap meetings today and tomorrow, but I’ll get your stuff to the post office on Wednesday no problem. I’m really sorry. I’ll drop a few extra bits in your stuff to make good.

Sent: Mon Oct 5, 2009 6:15 PM

Sounds good. If you just kept me up to date on what was happening I would have felt much better. Thanks for the extra bits. I’m very anxious to get the package.

Sent: Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:03 AM

Ok, now I’m getting really ticked off. Another week has passed and I still don’t have a package OR the DC number for the package. You promised me you’d mail that package out on the 7th. I gave you extra time after that and still nothing. Where is my package?

Sent: Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:34 AM

Ok, it’s been two weeks since you said you’d ship and you’ve stopped all contact. If I don’t hear from you in 48 hours I’m going to post a BTR and leave you negative feedback. I will also file a claim with PayPal to get my money back. I don’t see that I have any other option at the point.

Sent: Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:01 AM

Man, my luck is horrible with this deal! I’ve got the models, chief. They were sitting in my wife’s car for the past two weeks. I gave them to her so she could take them to the post office and get this deal sorted, but she forgot them in the trunk. We just found your stuff today. I’ll mail it out myself tomorrow.

Sent: Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:53 PM

Where is my DC number?! You are a total scammer and I’m putting you up in the BTR section! I’ve just filed for a refund from PayPal.
Brain wrote:The game does not conclude until the woman with the eating disorder ululates.
HarlequinZero ( 218 )
Bartertown Plus Member

Re: Fictitious BTR Contest Main Thread

Post by HarlequinZero »

Boxcars wrote:
Thanks for the help guys. Snake Eyes sent me the following PM.
Snake Eyes wrote: Re: Orks Wanted
Sent: Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:15 AM

I sent out your damn package! It’ll be at your house by Monday! Cancel the complaint against my PayPal account.
Needless to say, I'm not canceling the complaint until the package actually arrives.

And I had a few questions about my BTR so I figured I'd post that info here. I actually don't know where Snake Eyes is from. He didn't have it listed in his profile, but I assumed he was in the US. I know, I know the old saying about assuming. And, as I guess you can't see, Snake Eyes didn't have any negative feedback or open BTRs when I started the trade so I didn't think there would be a problem.
Brain wrote:The game does not conclude until the woman with the eating disorder ululates.
HarlequinZero ( 218 )
Bartertown Plus Member

Post by HarlequinZero »

s_o_r_r_o_w wrote:
If anyone who has traded with SnakeEyes and has contact info is reading this thread, please forward his contact info to me.
HarlequinZero ( 218 )
Bartertown Plus Member

Post by HarlequinZero »

Natural Seven wrote:
I traded with him before. He's from California if I remember. It was like 4 months ago and I don't recall exactly. Once the trade was finished I trashed the PMs.
HarlequinZero ( 218 )
Bartertown Plus Member

Post by HarlequinZero »

Boxcars wrote: Well, I finally got my stuff. Hah. Not what I expected to say the least. This guy is totally useless.

Sent: Sat Oct 24, 2009 4:54 PM

The package has arrived, but what the heck did you send me? I said in my ad that the Boyz and Nobz had to be new plastics and NOT AoBR models! These are all AoBR models! And the “extra bits” you said you’d send me are all just broken junk. I’m leaving up the BTR and adding this to it. You still haven’t sent me what I paid for!

Sent: Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:21 AM

Dude! You are trying to scam me now! You asked for new plastic Orks! I sent you new plastic Orks. I don’t know what AoBR means. You wanted new plastic Orks and that’s what you got! Now drop the BTR and PayPal claim! I gave you what you paid for and now you just want your money back! Screw you, dude!

So what should I do guys? I just want my minis and he's all up in arms after he sent me the wrong stuff! I'll send him his stuff back, but not until I get the minis I actually paid for.
HarlequinZero ( 218 )
Bartertown Plus Member

Post by HarlequinZero »

{off topic}

Hey folks. I'm calling this closed this coming Wednesday, December 16th at midnight EST. If you have final comments or suggestions to make to our two involved parties get them in! After that it'll be turned over to the judges to decide who the winner is!

-HZ
HarlequinZero ( 218 )
Bartertown Plus Member

Post by HarlequinZero »

Ok, folks. Here's the winning answer. I'll go into detail about why it was chosen after I write out the end of this fictitious thread.
s_o_r_r_o_w wrote:Post to thread:

Well, gentlemen, it would appear that the situation has met with a net deterioration.

Let's address this latest wrinkle, and save other issues for later:

Boxcars:

You asked for "newset" and "non-AoBR" orks, two terms that are incompatible on Ork Boyz, at least--I'm pretty sure the Nobz did come out after AoBR.

SnakeEyes:

At no time to you seek clarification on Boxcars numerous "non-AoBR" qualifier, and in fact responded ambiguously on 26 September.

Since both parties have some responsibility, I suggest the following. Either:

1) SnakeEyes: You refund Boxcars his money. You have the lower rating, and thus conduct your part of this "trade/return" first. Boxcars: You return, at your expense, the models in their entirety to SnakeEyes, using a trackable shipping method for mutual protection.

Both parties learn a valuable lesson about obtaining the best details about trade items (photos recommended).

or

2) You work out a partial return or partial refund. This is the more complex option, as COMPROMISE will be necessary. Something along the lines of a partial cash refund to Boxcars, who will return the AoBR figs to SnakeEyes at his expense, or something along those lines.

IN THE MEANTIME, while you ponder those options (and do ponder them--I don't want to see any angry/snap responses in this thread), I would like confirmation from Boxcars that he now has SnakeEyes address and relevant contact information.

Both parties may feel free to contact me for clarification/comments/help.
HarlequinZero ( 218 )
Bartertown Plus Member

Post by HarlequinZero »

SnakeEyes wrote:
Ok, I get it, the AoBR means not from that new box set. Sorry, but I didn't know what that was about. I can do s_o_r_r_o_w's answer. Boxcars sends me my AoBR models back and I'll give him the cash for those figs. $55 dollars refunded and we're square? That should pay for return post too I think. I just want to call this over.

SnakeEyes
HarlequinZero ( 218 )
Bartertown Plus Member

Post by HarlequinZero »

Boxcars wrote:
Hallelujah! I can stand by that decision. As soon as I get the refund from you SnakeEyes I can send you the models. I can use the address on the box you originally sent me? I, too, just want to finish this. If you carry through I'll leave you a neutral as we'll finally have everything sorted out.

Boxcars
HarlequinZero ( 218 )
Bartertown Plus Member

Post by HarlequinZero »

SnakeEyes wrote: Ok, just gimmie a few minutes and I'll put the funds in your PayPal.
HarlequinZero ( 218 )
Bartertown Plus Member

Post by HarlequinZero »

Boxcars wrote:
Money received! Models were sent out! Thankfully this is over. Thank you for your help s_o_r_r_o_w.
HarlequinZero ( 218 )
Bartertown Plus Member

Post by HarlequinZero »

Ok, folks. That's it. s_o_r_r_o_w is the official winner. His reply was unanimously chosen as #1 by the staff. Thanks to everyone who entered! There were some good responses all around.

We picked sorrow, (sorry man, but your username is the most annoying name to type out repeatedly :lol: ,) because his responses came in very timely and they are well worded and succinct. (Both his final reply and the MANY research PMs he sent to dig up info on the two users.)

The staff WAS disappointed that out of 14 entrants only 5 people bothered to play along. Bunch of apathetic users we have here. :'(

Anyways, feel free to write in the thread now that everything is over. sorrow, you can contact either porkuslime or myself via PM to claim your prize. We think it's a nice prize. :wink:

-HZ
MEDEVL ( 362 )
Expert Trader

Post by MEDEVL »

Guys, please don't take this as any sort of insult but speaking for myself I found it pointless to participate once I found out exactly what the premiss of this constest was. I tried to back out gracefully to help get under the 12 man limit but you guys riased the limit. : )
Please understand that I appreciate the work that must have gone into this and thank you guys for trying, but to be honest I feel like we do more than enough debating and arguing over REAL BTRs and problems when they arise that it was nigh impossible to get interested in a ficticious one. Factor into that that this is an extremely busy time of year with the holidays and winter weather concerns (blizzard anyone???) and you might have an excuse for some of the apathy you encountered. Plus to be honest at first it seemed pretty cut and dry, but I guess you kept adding more "posts" to it that made the dispute less cut and dry, I just didn't make it that far if you did. Congratulations to Sorrow and thanks for the effort, sorry we disappointed you. Jay

PS Harlequin Zero, sorry for posting in this thread but it seemed like the right place. Feel free to nuke my post at your discretion.
The believer is happy, the doubter is wise.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

Hey, Med.
Don't stress it (any of it).
Posting here is fine, and I thing that his statement re: apathetic reads a bit more negative... like a LOT more negative... than the spirit it was meant in.

Take care.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
Imaginos ( 470 )
Millenium Trader

Post by Imaginos »

Congrats SORROW_____ (I put all of the _ at the end of the name to facilitate typing) :D

Return to “Bartertown Contests”