Marvel vs Capcom 3

An area to talk about CCGs, Board Games, Dice.. anything NON Miniatures or RPGs

Moderator: Moderators

whatsnext ( 38 )
Journeyman Trader

Marvel vs Capcom 3

Post by whatsnext »

I have been watching the game develope for half a year now and just have mixed feelings so far.
Not saying much though b/c when I first saw the game graphics I new it was going to be something completely new just using the concept many people already know .

The character selection is somewhat lack luster (36 characters) No Captain Cammando, Strider or a personal favorite Son Son(She would look great in the game)
but Arthur, rad spencer, veiwtiful joe and haggar are there.

The overall over-the-top play style has been reengineered to a tournament style(something more balance everday fighting game -ie Guilty Gear)

MvsC 2 was broken in my opinion b/c capcom focused on the marvel characters (to satisfy marvel) and did not do as well a job on their own-ie servbot,roll, and threw in clones -ie akuma,ken,ryu,dan, x2wolverine. If the proper buget was given MvsC 2 would have been not only groundbreaking but earth shattering.

Capcom or should I say CRAPcom cuts every corner as often as possible. Since NES days (megaman was an admitted throwtogether that never got a bigger buget even after 6 Nes games. If you play capcom games you'll see the lack of making a game fun and replayable -ie bionic cammando 3d flop's could have been awesome. Just a bare bones game with little to no gradual improvements.

They really just rely on name recognition and good concepts but games are poorly produced in the end.
I notice capcom sold SF4 3 times already as a complete game( 2 console now arcade -adding characters as they went.
I wonder how much the DLC characters for MvsC3 will cost? hopfully 5 apiece.

I know MvsC3 will get attention like SF4, but is it going to be a game i can get into.
I use to play street fight alpha 3 and MvsC2 daily, and with online play i'm sure i can waste valuable time like never before.

I do not own a gaming systen other than PS2 and a dreamcast and am thinking on getting a PS3 if this game is worthwhile.
>:-O (.)(.) \(^O^)/ ⑨ ☢CAUTION!!☢
whatsnext ( 38 )
Journeyman Trader

Re: Marvel vs Capcom 3

Post by whatsnext »

I forgot to add that marvel is perfect company with capcom, they both are furgal with their product. Marvel comics are covers with some thrown together words and rushed "art".

Yes infinity gauntet was a good story but most (89%) of the other books they have produced are filler till they get a decent idea.
Last edited by whatsnext on Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Arma ( 26 )
BTown Regular

Post by Arma »

I'm not entirely sure Capcom are cutting corners though they're good at 'rehashing' things but all to suit the gamer.

I'm currently in Japan and Super Street Fighter IV:AE has exploded on the arcade scene. I only hope they bring it to DLC but I think with MVC3 release upon us it won't be for a while.
Hmm, MVC2 is huge and still is in the US despite it being a broken game and boiling down to a bunch of characters (Mag, Storm, Sentinel etc).

I have to agree with you on the roster for MVC3 though. There have been some strange strange choices but overall I think it's going to be a solid game. Remember there is always the possibility (and likelihood) of more characters via DLC. I'm not sure I agree that it's been geared for tournament play either since there is a simple mode in there to encourage new players to play (I don't agree with it since I'm a tourney player, however).

We'll see how it goes; it's a must buy for me but I still think I'll be sticking more to Blazblue CSII and SSFIVAE (and Arcana haha).
whatsnext ( 38 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by whatsnext »

Game is somewhat terrible to me. Not really my thing.

Mortal kombat 2011 is really good though.
Dawn of war retribution looks sweet. I hated the first dawn of dar

Just my opinion

Rage looks like it could be good, I've skipped all recent FPS games but I'll try it.

Return to “Card, Board, and all other gaming”