Realm of Chaos: Wrath and Rapture - Meh?

Talk about all GW fantasy here

Moderator: Moderators

tordeck ( 248 )
Expert Trader

Re: Realm of Chaos: Wrath and Rapture - Meh?

Post by tordeck »

GW didnt make the box for everyone. They know that people such as MM exist, who are either not into chaos or have too much stuff already and aren't going to get a copy. Sure they are going to try and lure everyone into buying a set but they do take into account that its not going to be for every one. Cuz for every MM out there, there is also a Tordeck, who bought two. One for himself and one as a gift for some new to the game friends. Xmas was perfect timing.

They also sure as *edit* don't make things with the resell market in mind. Resale is not a part of their metric and never will be. Same as Wizards of the Coast and MTG.
Buying or Trading, Lower Rating Ships First.
I Trade within the United States only.
I only use and accept Cash App or USPS Money Orders for payments.

The Dark City
wsott1970 ( 132 )
Resident Trader

Post by wsott1970 »

Yeah, I knew what you meant... I think we all play pretty nice with each other (thankfully)...

I think I am (getting) closer to where you are as well... I looked at a daughters of khaine list just a few days back (which sadly I have a block of 30 old ones and an old cauldron and blah old stuff)... and even though I am in reduction (to a small extent - really exchanging to remove what I don't use for consolidation into larger armies that I do use)... I kept researching it and eyeballing the daughters boxed set ... making calcs on what I could flip to get what I want....

I sadly fall into the Plastic Krak category a bit too much... I envision/desire more than I can possibly use... well if you see me put an daughters in one of my adds we know which way I went.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

yeah. i was in the plasticrack phase a while back, as well.
I moved from that to "buying large lots," with stuff I needed in it, then selling off the rest to recoup costs (sometimes with a profit, even!).
I have too much unsold/untraded "recoup" stuff in my basement now, and am no longer in "build mode" on any armies... so... yeah. LOL

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
pretre ( 1340 )
Millenium Trader

Post by pretre »

MagickalMemories wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:25 pm
yeah. i was in the plasticrack phase a while back, as well.
I moved from that to "buying large lots," with stuff I needed in it, then selling off the rest to recoup costs (sometimes with a profit, even!).
I have too much unsold/untraded "recoup" stuff in my basement now, and am no longer in "build mode" on any armies... so... yeah. LOL

Eric
Be careful, the next phase from there is a lot of work. :)
People who owe me feedback: Aelorien Darkthorn, Arthas367x2, Bigheaddan, ccaine1, clianez2033, Close Seer, echarlie x2, gamma098, greywolf90, hot_boy_ronald, Inigo Montoya, jamshaman, jkilla, keyoftwilight, lafkak, litsnsirn, monroe126 x2, Mournafein, noexit1982, Palados, Pappasa, prkeller, proofyeq, readingrambo, rwphillipsstl, Skuller, steellegioncpt, TheDean, Voodoopainter, xsoulgrinderx x2, weebph, fuzzystrawberry, godswildcard, rawfist, snakezit, thelaric, dagna, callidusx3, ccaine1
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Which phase is that???

Eric

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
pretre ( 1340 )
Millenium Trader

Post by pretre »

MagickalMemories wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:26 pm
Which phase is that???

Eric
After
"I moved from that to "buying large lots," with stuff I needed in it, then selling off the rest to recoup costs (sometimes with a profit, even!)."
Is the
"I now have a full fledged business buying and selling minis."
People who owe me feedback: Aelorien Darkthorn, Arthas367x2, Bigheaddan, ccaine1, clianez2033, Close Seer, echarlie x2, gamma098, greywolf90, hot_boy_ronald, Inigo Montoya, jamshaman, jkilla, keyoftwilight, lafkak, litsnsirn, monroe126 x2, Mournafein, noexit1982, Palados, Pappasa, prkeller, proofyeq, readingrambo, rwphillipsstl, Skuller, steellegioncpt, TheDean, Voodoopainter, xsoulgrinderx x2, weebph, fuzzystrawberry, godswildcard, rawfist, snakezit, thelaric, dagna, callidusx3, ccaine1
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

To HELL with that!
I do NOT have time for that. LOL

I'll leave that to those like you, with the time and temperament for it! : )

I'm in the "I really need to get rid of this crap" phase.
For me, there's no phase after that!

Eric

pretre ( 1340 )
Millenium Trader

Post by pretre »

MagickalMemories wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:18 am
I know someone with the time and temperament to help with that. ;)
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

pretre wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:32 am
MagickalMemories wrote:
My greediness outweighs my desire to be rid of it cheaply. LOL

Eric

pretre ( 1340 )
Millenium Trader

Post by pretre »

MagickalMemories wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:31 am
pretre wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:32 am
MagickalMemories wrote:
My greediness outweighs my desire to be rid of it cheaply. LOL

Eric
If only we had an option for that as well... ;)
wsott1970 ( 132 )
Resident Trader

Post by wsott1970 »

I went into full business mode on eBay with discontinued Ral-Partha 11 series stuff... It was a lot of work...

When WOTC told RP to destroy the molds, I, literally, went to every (game) store in Atlanta and consumed the remainder of their RP 11 line (en masse). They didn't want it as it could be restocked, it was eating valuable display space and I think to the stores were thinking WOTC was going to go into miniatures full force... and maybe to some extent that line (and RP in general) had been out so long that it just wasn't sexy anymore.

I stick them all in large plastic tubs and just don't mess with them for a few years... then WOW, there really are no legit (D&D named) monster lines because WOTC played with it but just couldn't stomach the difference in profit vs cardboard crack. Suddenly, almost any monster from that line is $35-55 and it is time to sell...

It is hard to work a full-time job, a part-time (really more) e-Bay job and all the other things in life... I salute you - as you know it isn't easy - and you do a really good job.

Return to “The Olde Worlde”