Chibi Gloomhaven (spoilers linked)

Modeling, Painting, Converting, Terrain, etc

Moderator: Moderators

gardenninja ( 34 )
Resident Trader

Chibi Gloomhaven (spoilers linked)

Post by gardenninja »

So I like playing Gloomhaven, but I really don't care for standees. Since I had been making chibis for Kingdom Death and Warhammer Quest, it seemed strangely reasonable to me to 'simply' replace every standee and character mini with custom made chibi minis.

Yeah, it didn't end up being all that simple, but it has been a really fun project.

Let's start out with the PC classes:

The Inox Brute. This was the first Chibi Gloomhaven character that I finished. I was very excited to make him. The body comes from a Cyclopes from Impact! Miniatures. The head is mostly my own sculpt- although I did have some plastic horns leftover from various GW kits.

The orchid spellweaver was a really fun one to make. She started life as two separate ninjas from Ninja All Stars (head and body). I really liked sculpting all of the crystals on her.

The Vermling gave me a bit of trouble. I needed something between a goblin and a Skaven, that could also fit in with the chibis I'd been making. I looked around for ones that would fit the style well, and eventually discovered that the Wiz-Kids Pathfinder Goblins were close to perfect. They just needed their ears fixed and tails attached.

The human Scoundrel. I made here eyes glow to match the artwork (my wife played this character, but it definitely took her a minute to recognize that the character was, in fact, human. Later, someone pointed out to me that she's wearing a mask in the artwork.

The Quartryl Tinkerer was a lot of fun. He's got a sort of steampunk look about him that really doesn't match most of Gloomhaven's technology level

And here's the Savaas Cragheart. Ready to destroy all of the scenery.

And, of course, there are the locked characters. I'm hiding them behind links to protect people who haven't unlocked them yet.

Moon
Cthulhu
Three Spears
Two Miniatures
Angry Face
Circles

There are a few heroes that I still need to finish and get pictures, so I'll come back and update again.

But there are also monsters. A lot of the monsters for Gloomhaven fit into some group that I already have for Super Dungeon (Zombies, Skeletons, Slimes, etc). For others, I found chibi miniatures that works quite well, but for many of the most distinctive ones, I built custom miniatures. None of these minis are 100% sculpted from green stuff, but very few of them don't have at least some green stuff on them.

3eland ( 76 )
Token Canadian

Re: Chibi Gloomhaven (spoilers linked)

Post by 3eland »

Wow. I have no words other than these words to explain how wow I feel right now.

R
~Ryan~
I'm like superman, but without the super.

The rules for Bartertown can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=45470
Helpful guide for sending packages to Canada: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=123125
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

Very cool models.
AWESOME conversions!

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
gardenninja ( 34 )
Resident Trader

Post by gardenninja »

Thanks. This has been a crazy project of mine- and it is starting to get close to finished.

I need to get some pictures of a few of the monsters that I haven't posted yet (there are still quite a few).

Return to “Creative Endeavors”