Shimmering Phoenix

Modeling, Painting, Converting, Terrain, etc

Moderator: Moderators

gardenninja ( 34 )
Resident Trader

Shimmering Phoenix

Post by gardenninja »

A little while ago, I got a full set of metallic paints in vibrant primary colors. I immediately felt like there was huge potential to this- you could use them to add all sorts of extra depth and interest to True Metallic techniques.

And one of the things that struck me was the idea that you could use them for feathers. With many birds, feathers already have a sort of metallic shine to them, so it isn't too crazy to consider using true metallic techniques to express this.

While I initial was afraid that it would be hard to keep the phoenix from looking inanimate -like a bronze statue of a bird, rather than a bird. To my surprise, I didn't have to do a lot of corrections for this, since the mini really never was in much danger of looking too inorganic.

wsott1970 ( 132 )
Resident Trader

Re: Shimmering Phoenix

Post by wsott1970 »

Excellent paint job... I hate feather painting... and that is a cool miniature... from whence did it come?
gardenninja ( 34 )
Resident Trader

Re: Shimmering Phoenix

Post by gardenninja »

This is the Phoenix from the base Kingdom Death: Monster game. I think there were a few resin ones made, but this is the plastic version.

Return to “Creative Endeavors”