Citadel tufted grass

Modeling, Painting, Converting, Terrain, etc

Moderator: Moderators

kturock ( 590 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!

Citadel tufted grass

Post by kturock »

I'm trying using these grass tufts.
I'm putting the texture paints as a basecoat. Then while it's wet, dipping it in sand. I then coat the sand with a medium, like future floor wax or Lahmian medium.Then adding tufts.
You can see it on my termagants if the painting contest.

What do you use to make them stick? The sticky bottom doesn't see that strong.

TIA
Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777
wsott1970 ( 132 )
Resident Trader

Re: Citadel tufted grass

Post by wsott1970 »

Not a good solution but a small dab of super glue (or equivalent) on the bottom of the tuft...

I have found it hard to get them to stay on otherwise... and some of them never look right (kind of side-ways malformed in my opinion)... I would just clear a spot for it when doing my wet work... then when it is all dry put super glue on the bottom of the tuft (like literally a dab on something else you don't care about them rub the turft bottom)... put it in place and spread the glue a little bit (if you can) put a small amount of whatever you want around it (sand might be OK)...

They definitely don't stick well... and the above is not an awesome way to do it... and you have to wait... but it should work.

Sean
kturock ( 590 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!

Re: Citadel tufted grass

Post by kturock »

I just tried super glue on the Lictor model. The new GW store manager said that's what he does.
Thanks for the tip.
Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777

Return to “Creative Endeavors”