ssappers Grey Knight Chapter Challenge! One mans Insanity!

Modeling, Painting, Converting, Terrain, etc

Moderator: Moderators

ssapper ( 292 )
Expert Trader

Re: ssappers Grey Knight Chapter Challenge! One mans Insani

Post by ssapper »

So purchased a 5 gallon bucket, 5 gallons of magic mix to speed up the stripping process, and dumped a hundred figures in it. So this coming weekend plan to pull them out and start scrubbing....Getting there eventually....to many projects with to many hobbies/interests...starting to think I need to downsize some other hobbies....to make time and speed up project....but maybe I am stalling on purpose waiting on good old GW to release 8th edition, so this Army is back where it used to be....
ssapper ( 292 )
Expert Trader

Post by ssapper »

So update......stripped 100+ miniatures this week. 40+ were Metal Grey Knights for this project....wahooo!
ssapper ( 292 )
Expert Trader

Post by ssapper »

10 man squad, and 5 man purifier squad stripped, now if it would only stop raining so I could prime them....Also managed to strip 45 non GKs, so I can stay on track with other projects. Good day. I like rainy days. That I don't have to work on. Slowly but surely getting there.
ssapper ( 292 )
Expert Trader

Post by ssapper »

60 more stripped miniatures. In record time! My son helped with the rinse, and dry portion. Only like 200 more to go. Busy week with real life, hopefully by next weekend, I find another two hours or so to knock this out.
ssapper ( 292 )
Expert Trader

Post by ssapper »

Progress comes in many forms, all these miniatures where purchased from Bartertown members, and 75% or more where painted to some degree. And now, pure metal and plastic, I am now a big fan of Purple Power Degreaser! Slow but steady, the Army forms for war!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ssapper ( 292 )
Expert Trader

Post by ssapper »

Its been a grip, and different things have happened.

So I managed to do a test paint for my chaplin in Terminator armor, and a 5 man interceptor squad. (photos I will add when I get time on a real computer).

I then turned around and donated them to the Nova Open Charitable Foundation and they Auctioned them off at the Nova Open Convention in DC. The Terminator alone raised $75, and the squad raised $40. No to shabby for being out of the painting scene for a decade +. Six miniatures, donated, and charity gets $115. Better than nothing, and I was excited to hear and see images of it on the auction line.

But know it is back to square one. Since I refined the color plan, and paints have recently arrived. Also reinforcements have arrived in the form of three dread knights and three dreadnoughts. Just awaiting the Air support to arrive and the Army will be 100% accounted for, and the hard work will begin.
ssapper ( 292 )
Expert Trader

Post by ssapper »

As promissed. Sorry life gets ahead of me. Simply put, first color pallet for my Army I donated to the NOCF and they auctioned it at the NOVA OPEN convention. And it raised $125. Not bad for a non painter. Maybe you should sign up too!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
spiralingcadaver ( 456 )
Millenium Trader

Post by spiralingcadaver »

Congrats on the charity work! It's definitely nice to turn a little project into helping some people.
True, we love life, not because we are used to living but because we are used to loving. There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness.
-Nietzsche

I expect honesty about models' conditions, thank you.

If I don't respond in a day or two, please check back, I've forgotten-sorry.
ssapper ( 292 )
Expert Trader

Post by ssapper »

I have been a silent follower of some of your more recent works. So I appriciate your complement highly. It does mean a lot to me to hear positive feedback form an accomplished member of our hobby and industry. And I almost never pick up a brush so it is very motivating! Perhaps together we can make 2016 an even better year for the NOCF and collectively give a little bit more to raise a lot more? I would love to sign you up as a supporter of 2016, whatcha say?

Return to “Creative Endeavors”