Need help with wolf heads

Modeling, Painting, Converting, Terrain, etc

Moderator: Moderators

3eland ( 76 )
Token Canadian

Need help with wolf heads

Post by 3eland »

So I recently traded some extra Bugs for some Warriors of Chaos models and I wanted to make it all fluffy with a cool theme, my idea is for Khorne marked werewolves and wolfmen. The marauders will be wolfmen while the heavier suited warriors will be fully evolved werewolves. But here's the catch, I am unsure what to use for the wolf heads as the heads I feel would work I do not have access to to see if they would fit a warrior of chaos model (or chaos knight, or any other heavily armoured warrior).

I was thinking Space Wolves Fenrisian Head Bits like so:
SW-FENR-HEAD.jpg
But then I was thinking, I wonder if I could use Privateer Press heads like these Tharn Wolf Rider Head Bits(they are cheaper to buy):
DR-3098-J.jpg
DR-3098-K.jpg
DR-3098-C.jpg
If anyone has any of these bits and a model to compare them to (warriors of chaos model preferably but any warhammer model would work) that would be greatly appreciated. I realize I will still need to green stuff most likely but that is okay, they are going to be heavily converted anyway, just need to find the heads to make it easier! Normally I would just order a single bit and see for myself but it would cost 1.50 per head and almost 10 to ship, so not really worth the hassle unless I absolutely have to (I checked how much it would be to send 80 heads and it was about 12), not to mention finding warhammer bits now-a-days is almost impossible (in Canada or shipping into Canada anyway) so I would have to turn to Bartertown for a large lot of Fenrisian heads or eBay.

OR

If someone knows of an alternate choice (that won't run me up with money) that I could use, I would love to hear that too!

Thanks Bartertown!

Ryan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
~Ryan~
I'm like superman, but without the super.

The rules for Bartertown can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=45470
Helpful guide for sending packages to Canada: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=123125
Norseman ( 374 )
Bartertown Watchman

Re: Need help with wolf heads

Post by Norseman »

Try using Skaven heads and just fluff out the cheeks and ears with green stuff.

I believe the other wolf heads you are thinking about will be too large. They would match an orge size model but not a standard human.
3eland ( 76 )
Token Canadian

Re: Need help with wolf heads

Post by 3eland »

Norseman wrote:Try using Skaven heads and just fluff out the cheeks and ears with green stuff.

I believe the other wolf heads you are thinking about will be too large. They would match an orge size model but not a standard human.
Thanks Norse I shall look into that, I have a ton of rat heads here anyway!
~Ryan~
I'm like superman, but without the super.

The rules for Bartertown can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=45470
Helpful guide for sending packages to Canada: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=123125

Return to “Creative Endeavors”