The Worldwrath...

Modeling, Painting, Converting, Terrain, etc

Moderator: Moderators

Xoan ( 158 )
Journeyman Trader
Location: Garden City, Kansas or 3 miles from the middle of no where

The Worldwrath...

Post by Xoan »

This is a Worldwrath model I am painting for a client, it is such a nice looking model it feeds my braggart side, I hope you do not mind. :P BTW this is 1 of the 3 Gargantuans I am painting for this Client.

Up close

Back Side

Left Side
I will ship out of the US please let me know within the first post where you are if not in the US, it does affect how the trade goes some times. Thanks Also lower rank ships first, and I always want to both use and receive a tracking number so I can know when to expect things.

I have a website and a blog, and I am a painting service feel free to ask for a quote anytime.
http://miniaturesampd.com/
http://miniaturesampd.wordpress.com/
3eland ( 76 )
Token Canadian

Re: The Worldwrath...

Post by 3eland »

He's looking good! I love how the rock actually looks like rock lol. I am not the greatest fan of the base however but that is just me ;)
Please tell me your painting an Archangel :D
~Ryan~
I'm like superman, but without the super.

The rules for Bartertown can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=45470
Helpful guide for sending packages to Canada: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=123125
Xoan ( 158 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Xoan »

I have a Hyperion and a Judikator left to paint for this client.

Thanks
Clark
3eland wrote:He's looking good! I love how the rock actually looks like rock lol. I am not the greatest fan of the base however but that is just me ;)
Please tell me your painting an Archangel :D
I will ship out of the US please let me know within the first post where you are if not in the US, it does affect how the trade goes some times. Thanks Also lower rank ships first, and I always want to both use and receive a tracking number so I can know when to expect things.

I have a website and a blog, and I am a painting service feel free to ask for a quote anytime.
3eland ( 76 )
Token Canadian

Post by 3eland »

Xoan wrote:I have a Hyperion and a Judikator left to paint for this client.

Thanks
Clark
Traditional PP colour scheme? Looking forward to some pictures of those :D
~Ryan~
I'm like superman, but without the super.

The rules for Bartertown can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=45470
Helpful guide for sending packages to Canada: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=123125
Xoan ( 158 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Xoan »

Yeah I am keeping it pretty close to the original, but the bases are little more non-basic heh

tordeck ( 248 )
Expert Trader

Post by tordeck »

great paintjob. too bad the model itself is so ugly.
Buying or Trading, Lower Rating Ships First.
I Trade within the United States only.
I only use and accept Cash App or USPS Money Orders for payments.

The Dark City
Xoan ( 158 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Xoan »

tordeck wrote:great paintjob. too bad the model itself is so ugly.

I sort of agree with that statement, but there are somethings that I did not like about it at all, and somethings that I thought were nice additions.

Negative...
It does not look like they made a 3up of the model, it looks like they made it as big as they have it now, and went with it. This means that sculpt work on it doesn't look as nice as it could. Some parts honestly look like someone newer to sculpting did them with rounded edges, and the same technique used to make the cracks and the symbols. I also did not like how these were the same size and neither were regular, so often times when I am painting it I have to decide if that is a crack in the stone or a symbol within the stone. I believe you can paint many of those areas either way, and both would be right.

Another difficulty that I ran into on this model was the angle the symbols are placed within the flat parts of the stone, they are on outward facing angles that are a little too flat imo. When I first painted these I went with an ink, and then to dry brush over it, but the dry brush did not have an edge to stop it so it went in the symbols very easily. That made a very simply painted model into something that was going to take a lot more effort to look right. I ended up painting every line of every symbol with a different paint that was slightly thicker and then rubbing it off making the gap of the symbol smaller, and thus easier to dry brush. Very Taxing, but I like the look in the end. heh

Positive...
I think the idea of the model is right in line with other models within that section of the game, and that it is very hard to come up with something else that doesn't just look like a simple earth elemental. It also looks like something that a tribe of people could make, and then animate back to life.Some of the better sculpting imo is on the inside of the stone where the wood and ivy is growing, that is very interesting to me.

The most frustrating thing about this model though is the strange places it lets you know the right and left side. One of these places is the bottom of each foot, so if you do not see it before you assemble and paint it, you have either a L or an R on the bottom of the foot showing on your model... lol

I originally built this model on one foot, but it felt like a lot of strain on the hip area, so I added some rocks to the back side so if it was set down hard it would not break off at the hip. With both legs touching it feel very solid. I also did a pin method with a washer and a pin to keep it locked down on the base.

Thanks
Clark
PS. I am posting pictures of the Hyperion on its base without primer tonight.

MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

Xoan wrote: It does not look like they made a 3up of the model, it looks like they made it as big as they have it now, and went with it. This means that sculpt work on it doesn't look as nice as it could. Some parts honestly look like someone newer to sculpting did them with rounded edges, and the same technique used to make the cracks and the symbols.
I don't play the game, but aren't these things supposed to be ancient? If so, that would actually make sense. After hundreds of years, even the straightest of edges are going to get worn down.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.

Return to “Creative Endeavors”