Nightbringer Conversion...

Modeling, Painting, Converting, Terrain, etc

Moderator: Moderators

Jaster386 ( 12 )
New Trader

Nightbringer Conversion...

Post by Jaster386 »

I'm new to the site, but I wanted people to see some one of my better conversions that I have done. I had an old Nightbringer model that I wasn't going to be using as I got rid of my Necrons. I was starting a CSM army, so I started the conversion. I had stripped off the paint and started reassembly of it. This thing is was one of the hardest things to put together. I hadn't had the chance to use pinning, but I have used some green stuff. I had to beef up the shoulder joints, but since I was going to be giving it wings I needed to beef them up anyways. I gave him Eagle's Wings Pack from GW. Since it was going to be feathered wings it was pretty much assumed that it was going to be Tzeentched themed. Here are some photos....

I did also cover up all of the scarabs on the base and made it look more like a rock plinth. I really like the way wings and scythe turned out. This was also one of my first times using washes as well. Luckily I haven't dropped him yet because he is still very fragile. I thought it turned at well. Let me know your thoughts.
Still waiting on reference from: Ynotony123
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Re: Nightbringer Conversion...

Post by MagickalMemories »

Nice conversion idea.
Did I read that correctly, though? The wings are NOT pinned on?
If that's the case... you're going to spend a lot of time cussing at and about this model. : )

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
Jaster386 ( 12 )
New Trader

Re: Nightbringer Conversion...

Post by Jaster386 »

That is correct. I have NOT pinned the wings on. Like I said before, I haven't had much experience with it. Yes the wings still move a bit if I play with it, but oh well. If it falls over, then I have no one to blame except myself. I did go a little heavy handed with the green stuff to keep them in place, but I like how it turned out. It sort of looks like the muscles that control the wings. Here is a shot of the back of him...

If it breaks, then I will most likely look into pinning. For now, I will leave it as is.
Still waiting on reference from: Ynotony123

Return to “Creative Endeavors”