Grey Knight Titan

Modeling, Painting, Converting, Terrain, etc

Moderator: Moderators

3eland ( 76 )
Token Canadian

Grey Knight Titan

Post by 3eland »

Now I know what the first thing that will pop into your mouth and onto the keyboard will be:
"Grey Knights don't have Titans, nor would they employ one since they act in secrecy."
And I would agree with you, HOWEVER, I decided I wanted to make a scratch built Reaver Titan. Since I didn't want just any plain Reaver Titan I decided to build it to fit my wife's Grey Knight Army (which I have been playing more of lately than her :D, a nice break from my Nids), hence Grey Knight Titan was born!

Rather than spam this topic with pictures I decided to just upload the most recent pictures of the Titan, and a model painted by my wife to show off the colour scheme. Other than the shin guards (a friend of mine is giving me his spare Forge World ones) the Titan is ready for paint. If you are wanting to see more WIP shots from start to what I have done now you can hop over to my Wargaming Blog http://3eland.com/warcave/ I have tons of pictures up under the Grey Knight Titan posting. My wife decided to do the traditional paint scheme for her Knights with the exception of purple where the red is supposed to be. This is more due to the fact that in the olden days purple was kept only for royalty as it was so expensive to make; perfect for a secret order of a monk-like brotherhood that fights the nasty little monsters under your bed!

This topic is more for showing off my Titan (as I am proud of it) and to get feedback at how others perceive my creation. It will also help me stay on top of it painting wise as a little encouragement to finish is sometimes nice to get; especially on a massive model as this! I will say now however that it will be fairly hard to reverse my building to change things that people do not like or think should be changed, so sadly, as much as I do enjoy the ideas and constructive criticism, don't get offended if I don't take it and apply it to the model :D When I think Grey Knights I think Flamers and Psycannons with a hint of Unusual Force Weapons, so I decided to equip the right arm with a huge Flamer, give it a Power Fist and equip it with a Cannon. I also added a Missile Launcher on the carapace as an extra detailed piece in case I decided to use the Flamer as another weapon and have Apoc Missiles or something. I don't plan on writing my own personal rules for the titan as the guys I roll dice with are already having to face the Knights in a campaign we have started. It will just use regular weapons that any Reaver Titan is able to get, I will however be making up some sort of fluff for him as we all know it's not everyday the Admechs create a Titan specifically for the Grey Knights.

As for the creation itself, I spent around $40 CAD on this guy; most of it was gathering stuff laying around the house and garage, the rest was dollar store trips and glue (super glue is expensive!). I found the Reaver Titan schematics online and closely followed them but added/changed things to better fit my idea of how it should look, I will be making a few purity seals for the Flamer gun, the left side of his head and maybe another one somewhere on him so they are purposely left blank and ugly. You may notice in my blog that there is a picture where the Titan has a Tabard, I had removed it when I primed it since I didn't really want it wrecked and haven't put it back on and probably won't until it's fully painted.

Overall I feel it has come out fairly good; please excuse the Iphone camera pics as I didn't feel like hauling out the good camera every time I wanted to take an update picture. As I add photos to this topic I will take them with better lighting and a better camera.

Also, I haven't named this guy yet; I'd love to hear your guys' suggestions as the right shoulder pad will need a name.

Thanks for looking guys and I welcome any and all comments!

~Ryan
ab.jpg
IMG_1576.jpg
IMG_1690.JPG
IMG_1691.JPG
IMG_1692.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
~Ryan~
I'm like superman, but without the super.

The rules for Bartertown can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=45470
Helpful guide for sending packages to Canada: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=123125
3eland ( 76 )
Token Canadian

Re: Grey Knight Titan

Post by 3eland »

Some more pics...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by 3eland on Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
~Ryan~

3eland ( 76 )
Token Canadian

Post by 3eland »

And the last of the pics I shall post for now....
~Ryan~

MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

Nice work.
You should call it Mortis Daemonicus. That's a phrase that was in the first Daemonhunters codex.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
3eland ( 76 )
Token Canadian

Post by 3eland »

MagickalMemories wrote:Nice work.
You should call it Mortis Daemonicus. That's a phrase that was in the first Daemonhunters codex.

Eric
Thank you Eric,

As for the name I shall consider it indeed, whether I can fit it onto the shoulder is another issue :)
~Ryan~

GearHead ( 674 )
Expert Trader

Post by GearHead »

Neat! Though it's really more Knight-sized than Titan-sized.
A few trade guidlines:
1) If your feedback is significantly lower, I expect you to ship first, even if I'm buying- Money carries greater risks than minis: I can't buy groceries with a box of Tac Marines!
2) Communication is key! I'm a reasonable guy (I try,) so if there's a problem, tell me!
3) I package things well, you should do the same. Protect minis from each other, too.
4) Leave feedback!
3eland ( 76 )
Token Canadian

Post by 3eland »

GearHead wrote:Neat! Though it's really more Knight-sized than Titan-sized.
It stands 14" off the ground so would actually weigh more into the warhound size but I didn't really feel like builing it 18-20" like the schematics said I should lol
Either way, I think I might get the Dream-Forged Games Leviathan Crusader as a knight.
^
That is Bad ass
~Ryan~

DoggNewTrix ( 100 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by DoggNewTrix »

That is a sweet model, yours and the DF one. I think I'm a bigger fan of the mortis though
Lower rating ships first, pays first, or works out a deal that is mutually acceptable to all persons involved.

Don't like my offer, tell me no... I'm all growed up, I can take it.
All offers are good for 24 hours
Gifting a paypal payment is unwise and I won't do it, neither should you....

If you don't have your Location listed in your User Control Panel, why not take a second and update it? It will let your trading partners know where you are from the beginning

Return to “Creative Endeavors”