Bartertown Charity Army 2023 (Orks it is!!!) Now we need your help, please read!

Anything else.. come on in, and pull up a seat.

Moderator: Moderators

ssapper ( 292 )
Expert Trader

Re: Bartertown Charity Army 2022 (Orks it is!!!) Now we need your help, please read!

Post by ssapper »

You are AWESOME!!!! Thank you for supporting and in a huge way!
BeeCee wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:18 am
I saw the ad in the trading forums and i'm down to help contribute.

I bought a Speed Freeks army that has now fallen down on my project priority list and i'd be willing to donate and paint a buggy/unit of warbikers/defkilla wartrike (pick one)

I could also either do a unit of 3 Defkoptas (the new ones from the Combat Patrols) or a unit of 10 Ork Boyz (again the new ones from the combat patrol)

Let me know how I can help!
YoungWolf777 ( 1146 )
Millenium Trader

Re: Bartertown Charity Army 2022 (Orks it is!!!) Now we need your help, please read!

Post by YoungWolf777 »

Checking in here.

If we're still looking at Bad Moons I've worked out my main colors on a unit of Boyz. Just finalizing the color builds using the "official" colors from GW's website. Will post pics soon.

Primer:
  1. Black
  2. Wraithbone (Zenithal)
  3. White (Zenithal)
Skin:
  1. GW Contrast Ork Flesh
  2. GW Warboss Green
  3. GW Skarsnik Green
Yellow (Pants and armor plates):
  1. GW Contrast Iyanden Yellow
  2. GW Yriel Yellow
  3. GW Flash Gitz Yellow
Black (Shirts, boots, odd bits of cloth or gloves):
  1. GW Contrast Black Templar
  2. GW Fenrisian Grey (I'm using Scale 75 Anthracite Gray)
Leather (all straps, pouches and wrist wraps)
  1. GW Contrast Snakebite Leather
  2. GW Gorthor Brown (I am using 1:1 P3 Bloodtracker Brown : Scale 75 Thar Brown)
  3. GW Baneblade Brown (I am using Scale 75 Thar Brown)
More to come as I tackle the metals next!

Edit: Here's where the squad started.
ssapper ( 292 )
Expert Trader

Post by ssapper »

YoungWolf,

I think as long as everyone was able to use the same Green and Yellow (Even if from other manufactures) we should be fine in creating a cohesive army. Would you agree?

So exciting..

ssapper
YoungWolf777 wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:25 pm
Checking in here.

If we're still looking at Bad Moons I've worked out my main colors on a unit of Boyz. Just finalizing the color builds using the "official" colors from GW's website. Will post pics soon.

Primer:
  1. Black
  2. Wraithbone (Zenithal)
  3. White (Zenithal)
Skin:
  1. GW Contrast Ork Flesh
  2. GW Warboss Green
  3. GW Skarsnik Green
Yellow (Pants and armor plates):
  1. GW Contrast Iyanden Yellow
  2. GW Yriel Yellow
  3. GW Flash Gitz Yellow
Black (Shirts, boots, odd bits of cloth or gloves):
  1. GW Contrast Black Templar
  2. GW Fenrisian Grey (I'm using Scale 75 Anthracite Gray)
Leather (all straps, pouches and wrist wraps)
  1. GW Contrast Snakebite Leather
  2. GW Gorthor Brown (I am using 1:1 P3 Bloodtracker Brown : Scale 75 Thar Brown)
  3. GW Baneblade Brown (I am using Scale 75 Thar Brown)
More to come as I tackle the metals next!

Edit: Here's where the squad started.
YoungWolf777 ( 1146 )
Millenium Trader

Post by YoungWolf777 »

Sure. I just went and bought the actual GW paints for those two colors to be consistent. There's always going to be some minor variations, even by the same painter.
YoungWolf777 ( 1146 )
Millenium Trader

Post by YoungWolf777 »

ssapper wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:57 pm
YoungWolf,

I think as long as everyone was able to use the same Green and Yellow (Even if from other manufactures) we should be fine in creating a cohesive army. Would you agree?

So exciting..

ssapper
Hey Eric,

What color do you want the bases painted? Black? Brown? Green? I have these first seven Boyz done except for that. Thought I would save you a step.

Thanks.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

I know I'm not the Eric you asked... but when has THAT ever stopped me from sharing an opinion? LOL

I prefer black, personally. Not only does there tend to be plenty of green on an Ork already, but black goes better with any color you use.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
YoungWolf777 ( 1146 )
Millenium Trader

Post by YoungWolf777 »

Black is my preference too. Which is what I've done. (Pics inbound as soon as I can catch my breath.)
ssapper ( 292 )
Expert Trader

Post by ssapper »

Base color does not matter, Once we have them all together they will all get primed by brush if needed, and based to be uniform across the army.

You are awesome!

ssapper
YoungWolf777 ( 1146 )
Millenium Trader

Post by YoungWolf777 »

Here's the first batch of 7 Boyz:
(Linked thumbnails to save load times)

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

I usually paint in batches of 5, but I kept going with the original 2 test models to make them match the rest. Next batch is primed and ready for paint!
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

In addition to whatever I provide, I WILL be providing something that's 3D printed. I *just* pulled it off of the print plate today. Once I get a little color on it, I'll post a WIP pic. It's in quite a few pieces, though, and needs quite a bit of assembling.

Still, though... it's SO COOL. I couldn't resist!

Eric

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
ssapper ( 292 )
Expert Trader

Post by ssapper »

Hey all,

I finally settled on my donation.

I ordered 3x Ork Trukks today. I imagine they will be here in a week or so.

That should help our force get a little mobility.

I hope all are doing well!

ssapper
YoungWolf777 ( 1146 )
Millenium Trader

Post by YoungWolf777 »

Interesting! My Boyz were originally intended to be Trukk Boyz. Not too late to shift gears there...
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Just saying... I've got a file of SM shoulder pads that have the Immortan Joe iconography on them. These fit PERFECTLY on Ork arms, if anyone wants to make Ork Boys with a Mad Max flare!
LOL

Eric

ssapper ( 292 )
Expert Trader

Post by ssapper »

MM, I just shared this thread with a few groups that have several thousand members collectively, so if there is some strange activity numbers over the this weekend, my apologies. Hopefully those shares attract a few new supporters for the project, and a few new members for Btown.

Fingers crossed!

ssapper
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Thanks for the notice.
We'll keep our eyes peeled!

Eric

Return to “Bartertown Cafe and Coffee”