Thewarstore is closing

Anything else.. come on in, and pull up a seat.

Moderator: Moderators

aurak_merc ( 440 )
Resident Trader

Thewarstore is closing

Post by aurak_merc »

I just received an email from thewarstore stating that they are closing shop. I haven't used them in ages, but it stinks that another hobby supply place is gone. I have no LGS nearby, so I have to order online. This just removes another option. Now I am a sad panda for the day. :'(
Always remember that your stuff is nearly worthless junk. The other person's items are highly valuable collectibles.

If I owe you a reference, please remind me.

I don't expect people to wait forever for an answer, and expect the same courtesy.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Re: Thewarstore is closing

Post by MagickalMemories »

I got that email, too.
It's shocking, to say the least. That said, the email made it sound like it was less for financial reasons, and more for personal reasons. That was my take on it, at least.

Honestly? I wouldn't be surprised it Miniature Market was digging into their customer base pretty hard. Mini Mkt is here in St. Louis, so they're kind of centrally located. They're HUGE, too.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
jason1977 ( 208 )
Expert Trader

Post by jason1977 »

MagickalMemories wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:01 am
They're HUGE, too.

Eric
thats-what-she-said-21.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
In an act of kindness and respect, please respond to PMs one way or the other with in a timely manner.
Im sorry but I do not ship outside the US.
2013 BT Member Challange- 291 pts 153 models
bolt on cuteness: st 10, ap 1, range: unlimited; DEAL
nidcron ( 16 )
Apprentice Trader

Post by nidcron »

Hopefully I am not going to necro this thread, but I heard through a post on Reddit that Neal passed away late 2019 (I think).
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Yeah... you totally threadomanced.
But that's okay. You added new information that, although it's an unconfirmed rumor, is still something new.

Also, our "chat" threads aren't so busy as to make this a big deal. : )

Eric

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

https://deaddeath.com/neal-catapano-dea ... es-mourns/

https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/p ... 85285.page

https://riverheadlocal.com/2020/02/08/a ... tapano-55/

Based on these, it looks like the two are unrelated, as the death was recent and "sudden," and the store closed last year.

Eric

bbb ( 92 )
BTown Regular

Post by bbb »

In the Dakka thread someone claiming to be his daughter (and maybe it was, hopefully) posted the following:
Hello,
My name is Bri Catapano. I wanted to take the time to reach out and thank all of you for these kind words. My father was an amazing man, full of love that he gave to every man or woman who walked over his threshold. The WarStore was his pride and joy and it brought him and our family so much happiness. I want to reassure those that my father was not ill, he did not suffer in a hospital, it was not suicide, none of us had any indication that anything was wrong, he just went to sleep that night and did not wake. Something that I find comfort and great fear in. He would have wanted me to take this difficult time and remind all to do something he was sometimes afraid to do. Truly live. I will cherish this thread and all your kind words. Seeing how much my father impacted this industry is truly amazing.

Feel free to reach out to me on Facebook. (Please I mean this I truly would love to speak to those my father has touched). And please take this moment to hug your loved ones. I spoke to my father the night before like any other day asking him to pray over my college English test. He was gone before I could tell him how it went.

I probably failed dad. English was so much easier when it was just that damn talking paper and conjunction junction.

With love,
Bri Cat.
Also, the below news story detailed events that probably helped usher the closing of The War Store.

https://suffolktimes.timesreview.com/20 ... -employer/

Return to “Bartertown Cafe and Coffee”