Computer printers, NOT 3d.

Anything else.. come on in, and pull up a seat.

Moderator: Moderators

kturock ( 590 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!

Computer printers, NOT 3d.

Post by kturock »

My HP printer is on it's last pages. It will only load 1 page at a time and won't feed any card stock.

So, I've started looking at new ones, to be ready to get one when it dies.

I want something that will print in color and will print on card sctock. I want to be able to print draft quality as well as high quality; for both color and B&W.

I want something what won't break me when I have to buy a new ink cartridge.
I was just looking at one online that only had 2 ink cartridges. 1 for B&W and the other tricolor. That means If I run out orf red, I'd have to buy a cartridge with blue and yellow, that aren't empty.

I know that some of you print out lots of pages. And I know that you guys would rather buy minis and games than on printers and ink.

Suggestions and what to stay away from.

TIA.
Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777
YoungWolf777 ( 1146 )
Millenium Trader

Re: Computer printers, NOT 3d.

Post by YoungWolf777 »

I replaced an aging HP with an Epson ET-4550 series printer 18 months ago. My wife was doing a lot of high volume card stock color printing for work and this fit the bill. The key factor is it has individual ink tanks. The bottles of ink are less than most color carts out there and last for 100's of pages depending on your coverage. Out of yellow? Refill the yellow tank. Not all 3 colors in a cheap little cartridge.

I think Epson hit a home run with this printer personally. Give it a look. :)

Looks like they've updated my 4550 to a 4750: https://epson.com/ecotank-super-tank-pr ... ay?pg=4#sn

But even the 2700 & 3700 series are good home printers. I do believe all of them offer WiFi printing as well.
kturock ( 590 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!

Post by kturock »

Thanks. I'll look into them.
The separate tanks are something I'm looking for.

Staples still carries the 4550. $560 but...it says it comes with 2 years of ink..
Pay now for the printer or later for the ink.

https://www.staples.com/Epson-WorkForce ... ai-feo=off
Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777
YoungWolf777 ( 1146 )
Millenium Trader

Post by YoungWolf777 »

Frankly, I'm surprised that no printer manufacturer has gone that way before now. They lose out on their massive margins by not selling their overpriced ink carts, but it's definitely a better way to go. For the environment too!

Any more print related questions? Just ask. Resident print geek. ;)

Return to “Bartertown Cafe and Coffee”