About GW's changes.

Anything else.. come on in, and pull up a seat.

Moderator: Moderators

whatsnext ( 38 )
Journeyman Trader

About GW's changes.

Post by whatsnext »

I've been out for a good while, I know there was a new AoS stater set, but can't locate it on the GW site, has it been phased out?

I see Tomb Kings are getting the boot, but are they gone for good? Or just getting repackaged? I never liked the older plastic kits much, myself, but it's a shame if the Sphinx and Snake things get canned forever.

Are there any other kits that are getting perma-booted? I see the Beastmen Battalion is OOP, but the kits it consisted of are still buy able-So they are just getting repackaged?

Seeing the older ugly kits being kicked isn't very upsetting to me. There are a few like the War Sphinx that would be greatly missed though, if they are being offed.

I see the prices are kinda insane on some of the newer stuff, but most is consistent with competitors, and some like the undead's new "battalion"- are better.

Is GW still 'BAD' or 'Evil' as they like to say on dakka? I gotta say, they look like they have been making a number of good decisions.
>:-O (.)(.) \(^O^)/ ⑨ ☢CAUTION!!☢
kturock ( 590 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!

Re: About GW's changes.

Post by kturock »

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Age-Sigmar-Box-ENG

There's the AoS starter.

Some of the old chaos are getting dropped too; named chaos dragon, the jabbetslythe, I know there are some others but don't recall the names.

TK is iffy. The local GW store manager collects and plays TK and when I asked him about them, he was unhappy That doesn't look good.
Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777
pretre ( 1340 )
Millenium Trader

Post by pretre »

There's no official information about TK. A Custserv e-mail doesn't count.
People who owe me feedback: Aelorien Darkthorn, Arthas367x2, Bigheaddan, ccaine1, clianez2033, Close Seer, echarlie x2, gamma098, greywolf90, hot_boy_ronald, Inigo Montoya, jamshaman, jkilla, keyoftwilight, lafkak, litsnsirn, monroe126 x2, Mournafein, noexit1982, Palados, Pappasa, prkeller, proofyeq, readingrambo, rwphillipsstl, Skuller, steellegioncpt, TheDean, Voodoopainter, xsoulgrinderx x2, weebph, fuzzystrawberry, godswildcard, rawfist, snakezit, thelaric, dagna, callidusx3, ccaine1
kturock ( 590 )

Post by kturock »

pretre wrote:There's no official information about TK. A Custserv e-mail doesn't count.

Who said anything about email?

I asked the local GW store manager, since he plays and collects TK; what is happening to TK.
His answer was I don't know, but he didn't look happy.

To me that implies he's heard 'something' along the grapevine at GW. He doesn't read or follow BoLS, DAKKA or any of the gaming sites. People ave shown posts to him before, but he only goes by what he hears from his bosses.
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777
3eland ( 76 )
Token Canadian

Post by 3eland »

From what I heard through the grapevine of the Interwebz is that GW was having a hard time securing an IP (or copyright or whatever them lawyers call it these days) on the Tomb Kings.

GW always told us they would never drop an army again but who knows. All we get to do is smile and welcome the change (lol).

Ryan
~Ryan~
I'm like superman, but without the super.

The rules for Bartertown can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=45470
Helpful guide for sending packages to Canada: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=123125
pretre ( 1340 )
Millenium Trader

Post by pretre »

kturock wrote:
pretre wrote:There's no official information about TK. A Custserv e-mail doesn't count.

I asked the local GW store manager, since he plays and collects TK; what is happening to TK.

To me that implies he's heard 'something' along the grapevine at GW. He doesn't read or follow BoLS, DAKKA or any of the gaming sites. People ave shown posts to him before, but he only goes by what he hears from his bosses.
The original hubbub was from a CustServ e-mail. GW Store managers are about as well informed though.
People who owe me feedback: Aelorien Darkthorn, Arthas367x2, Bigheaddan, ccaine1, clianez2033, Close Seer, echarlie x2, gamma098, greywolf90, hot_boy_ronald, Inigo Montoya, jamshaman, jkilla, keyoftwilight, lafkak, litsnsirn, monroe126 x2, Mournafein, noexit1982, Palados, Pappasa, prkeller, proofyeq, readingrambo, rwphillipsstl, Skuller, steellegioncpt, TheDean, Voodoopainter, xsoulgrinderx x2, weebph, fuzzystrawberry, godswildcard, rawfist, snakezit, thelaric, dagna, callidusx3, ccaine1
kturock ( 590 )

Post by kturock »

pretre wrote:
kturock wrote:

The original hubbub was from a CustServ e-mail. GW Store managers are about as well informed though.

Store managers are only allowed to say what they're been told to say. Like I said, he collects and plays TK. Yes he gets them discounted, but not completely free. [yes I know he's allowed a specific amount for store use.]

As far as IP, they are changing the names for AoS so everything and be under their copyright or trademark. Imperial Guard was changed exactly for that reason. Some older non-selling, slow selling models are getting dropped, again. Newer models are replacing the old. The new dwarf berserkers aren't called dwarf berserkers. The new lizardmen are called lizardmen. Just so GW can copyright the name and likeness. Didn't they lose a lawsuit against a writer for a book about marines in space called space marine?

I can see where TK isn't specific enough, like lizardmen or dwarves; and could, would be renamed for legal purposes.
The models are old and maybe they'll get a re-sculpt. They've been rolled into death, like they were originally part of the VC army.

s_o_r_r_o_w ( 312 )
Moderator Without Title

Post by s_o_r_r_o_w »

Seems like Khemri would be pretty trademarkable.
I am always in the market for weird and wonderful GW oddbitz and ephemera. PM me if you have something old/weird/rare.

-----
No Finecast, please.
-----
READ THE RULES!
-----
Tips on shipping to Canada
-----
Bartertown Trade Vocabulary
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

Except that, if you scroll down a little on the front page of the GW site, you'll see a pic of some TK models with this below it:
Last Chance to Buy!

Tomb Kings miniatures - when they're gone, they're gone!
Click the picture, and it takes you here:
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Wa ... tid=862217

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
smonsour ( 750 )
Millenium Trader

Post by smonsour »

Last Chance to Buy! Tomb Kings miniatures - when they're gone, they're gone!

From GW site, seems bunch of Chaos stuff as well. Stick a fork in them its done, personally I greatly dislike the new AOS stuff.
check my other email smonsour@mindspring.com for many more references.

Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem!

in my day, children like you where left ot die on windswept craigs!
whatsnext ( 38 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by whatsnext »

The "Last Call' was what I was referring toward. Anyway, I'm all for new kits and things changing is good. I don't care for the Tomb King models. The best metal kit they had was the Casket of Souls. But that, to me, isn't saying much. I personally view the plastics as superior.

Unless it's like the TK battalion which houses some outdated troop-types that I wouldn't pay that much to own; even if they are going OOP; which will bring the secondary market's prices up; which in-turn will make people who never bought or cared for the minis to start valuing them because they are worth more money than paid and desirable as trade material.

So obviously, that makes GW 'bad' b/c they're dumping something that people want. That's the kind of logic I balk at. Same with Mordheim, few cared until it went oop, then GW became 'bad' b/c they dumped something that didn't sell well, until it became rare. Even then they offered Mordheim stuffs online until recently, but GW was 'bad' b/c they didn't support something that didn't sell.

Gw is one of the few unpainted mini-makers that makes a kit I'd buy. The new game and kits, are far better than the enormous armies with crappy filler kits supporting the range. Mileage and stuff.

I've been waiting since 2011 for an Orc Boys kit that doesn't suck complete bawls. Still waiting, but there's hope.

All the old stuff still exists so, no-harm no-foul.

Anyway, thanks for the starter link. I got bogged down looking through the site, and checking out sites to see if any other seller info was presented on store sites.
>:-O (.)(.) \(^O^)/ ⑨ ☢CAUTION!!☢

Return to “Bartertown Cafe and Coffee”