Newest Star Wars movie - like/dislike debate (SPOILERS!!!)

Anything else.. come on in, and pull up a seat.

Moderator: Moderators

nightlord ( 228 )
Expert Trader

Newest Star Wars movie - like/dislike debate (SPOILERS!!!)

Post by nightlord »

[Admin edit by MM - Changed the Subject line to better reflect the direction this thread has turned and to give a Spoiler Warning]

I just watched the newest star wars movie. And before I say anything else understand this. IM 48 and was raised on Star Wars since I was a lil boy. I'm glad to finally see a new star wars movie.

All the Special Effects again. BUT it was very predictable and has a very weak story line. IM very disappointed.

I'm glad I didn't waist my money at the theatres for this garbage.

<Link removed>

The movie is free here.
"I'm Glad I Stopped Before I Thought About It"

I will not make "OFFERS" for your stuff. I never bet against the house.

People that owe me references, davidmournestar,

:-? :-? If you wasent interested then why did you look?? :-? :-?

ANYONE can click on your name and see the last time you was on site. BRA.

Be polite. Respond to read messages in a timely manner.
3eland ( 76 )
Token Canadian

Re: Newest Star Wars movie...dont waist your money.

Post by 3eland »

I had to remove the link since a) it violated Bartertown rules and b) it violated copyright law (I didn't actually click on the link to see if it was a legit website or not).

You can freely discuss the movie, but please don't break the law.

That being said I am not a Star Wars fan so I have nothing more to say on the topic.

Ryan
~Ryan~
I'm like superman, but without the super.

The rules for Bartertown can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=45470
Helpful guide for sending packages to Canada: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=123125
Karyle ( 336 )
Resident Trader

Re: Newest Star Wars movie...dont waste your money.

Post by Karyle »

Okay.
I always trade using standard Bartertown practices (i.e., traders with a lower Trader Rating ship their items first, unless other mutually agreeable terms are reached).
I always ship items using USPS, and I always ship using Delivery Confirmation. You should, too.
spiralingcadaver ( 456 )
Millenium Trader

Post by spiralingcadaver »

Hmm, that's too bad, I'd mostly heard okay-but-not-great things about it (with the exception of some newspaper which thought it was the best thing since sliced bread) so had been warming to the idea. Well, now I'm leaning away from it a bit more.
True, we love life, not because we are used to living but because we are used to loving. There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness.
-Nietzsche

I expect honesty about models' conditions, thank you.

If I don't respond in a day or two, please check back, I've forgotten-sorry.
starslayer ( 560 )
Millenium Trader

Post by starslayer »

I agree, it was meh......

To me , it was just a copy of other Star Wars movies. Nothing original, just reminiscent.
Karyle ( 336 )
Resident Trader

Post by Karyle »

It was extremely fun and enjoyable. You guys are missing out.
I always trade using standard Bartertown practices (i.e., traders with a lower Trader Rating ship their items first, unless other mutually agreeable terms are reached).
I always ship items using USPS, and I always ship using Delivery Confirmation. You should, too.
usernamesareannoying ( 254 )
Expert Trader

Post by usernamesareannoying »

I enjoyed it.
*notes about trading with me…
I do not like drawn out deals. Id like to have a deal signed and complete within 48 hours.
I abide by the unwritten rules… lower rating ships first pays first.
I always provide delivery confirmation and expect the same.
All deals are US only.
spiralingcadaver ( 456 )
Millenium Trader

I don't even know how to react to that, Karyle. Obviously I haven't seen this movie yet, but I have had similar experiences with other movies and, seriously, what are you expecting? "Sorry for not having the same taste as you"? "Sorry for having higher standards"? "I wish I could be more like you, because it would make my life better"? "Oh, you're right, I should enjoy things instead of disliking them for their flaws"?

The nay-sayers have described what made the film not enjoyable to them. They made valid points that are making me want to avoid buying into the movie, so here's a chance to describe what made it good, if you think I'd miss out due to the arguments against it.
True, we love life, not because we are used to living but because we are used to loving. There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness.
-Nietzsche

Expert Trader

Boy, I'm glad that I didn't say any more than I liked it :shocked:
I do not like drawn out deals. Id like to have a deal signed and complete within 48 hours.
All deals are US only.
starslayer ( 560 )
Millenium Trader

Post by starslayer »

Im not talking anyone out of seeing it, its just a couple bucks. But I just didnt think it lived up to the hype. There were parts that were enjoyable, but mostly it was "meh". I dont want to go into details and spoil it for anyone who hasnt seen the movie yet. But once you see the movie you will see many similarities to past Star Wars movies. Im not pushing my opinion on anyone, if you think it was a fantastic movie- good for you, Im glad you enjoyed it. My opinion is "meh", it was alright. Decide for yourself.
Karyle ( 336 )
Resident Trader

Post by Karyle »

By all means, don't let me mess up any of your potentially negative opinions, lol.

In all honesty I expected nothing. I was just stating that it was a very fun movie, and I'm someone who enjoys all things Star Wars (movies, comics, animated shows, etc.). But then I'm not a person who gets a hard-on tearing things down or picking something apart because of its "flaws".

I'm honestly sorry I participated in this conversation. Not because of how I've made you feel, though.
spiralingcadaver ( 456 )
Millenium Trader

Thanks for the troll. Good bye.
-Nietzsche

Expert Trader

He simply said he liked the movie and felt you were missing out by not seeing it for yourself. Jeez man take it easy.
All deals are US only.
spiralingcadaver ( 456 )
Millenium Trader

I had no emotional stake in that or in anyone liking the movie (hell, it's entirely possible I'll like it if I see it). I thought it was a dumb response and called him on it (probably not in the most civil of tones) though was honestly interested in a counterpoint if he'd had one.

His response came off as an escalation to me, what with the accusation and then "more like not-sorry!" tone. So I called him on that too, 'cause it pissed me off and seemed like an attack.
-Nietzsche

Karyle ( 336 )
Resident Trader

Post by Karyle »

You're taking this entirely too seriously.

...which, come to think of it, is probably what you would do with the movie itself, as well. YOU, actually, might not be missing out.

Return to “Bartertown Cafe and Coffee”